Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Trayvon

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Trayvon
« Reply #300 on: April 11, 2012, 04:09:06 PM »
The truly disturbing thing to me is the U.S. Attorney General vowing to get involved...."If the evidence warranted it".  Now, we already know the evidence warrants it.  The Right Reverend Jessie and Mr. Shahptun said so. 

What the AG should have said is calm the fuck down and let the local authorities do their jobs.  If it's really murder or manslaughter, they'll arrest and prosecute "if the evidence warrants it".  If one damn thing is done simply because of pressure being applied from racist protesters...that would be the real tragedy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #301 on: April 11, 2012, 04:11:21 PM »
Although I know the "system" isn't 100%, I just can't bring myself to believe they would charge him without enough evidence to convict.  I think it has to be forensics.  If they are going to charge based off the same evidence, when the regular DA wouldn't, it's going to turn into a shit storm if they lose.  And, as I said, Zimmerman will sue the fuck out of the state of Florida.

I would tend to agree.  Based on the evidence that's been made public, I couldn't see a conviction being had, at least not in a county with those demographics.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #302 on: April 11, 2012, 05:49:43 PM »
The truly disturbing thing to me is the U.S. Attorney General vowing to get involved...."If the evidence warranted it".  Now, we already know the evidence warrants it.  The Right Reverend Jessie and Mr. Shahptun said so. 

What the AG should have said is calm the fuck down and let the local authorities do their jobs.  If it's really murder or manslaughter, they'll arrest and prosecute "if the evidence warrants it".  If one damn thing is done simply because of pressure being applied from racist protesters...that would be the real tragedy.

Looks like Holder made that call:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/george-zimmerman-charged-trayvon-martin-death-reports-193845232.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #303 on: April 11, 2012, 05:51:46 PM »

Holder also praised Sharpton for his efforts in the Trayvon story. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #304 on: April 12, 2012, 09:12:31 AM »
So there is a poll on the front page of Yahoo. It is the perfect example of how polls are set up to skew the results.

The poll asks:
Is the George Zimmerman charge just?
A. Yes, 2nd-degree murder is right.
B. No, It's too harsh.
C. No, It's too lenient.

Seems fine on the surface. But where is "D. No. This is all bullshit" option?
So it really doesn't matter how you answer this poll. IF you answer at all, you have already agreed that he should be charged.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #305 on: April 12, 2012, 09:20:31 AM »
I'm organizing a rally. 

We are going to march around the neighborhood wearing cheap bowling shirts, wearing sunglasses and brandishing handguns while we chant "Free Zimmerman, esse"

Who's in?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #306 on: April 12, 2012, 09:36:51 AM »
So there is a poll on the front page of Yahoo. It is the perfect example of how polls are set up to skew the results.

The poll asks:
Is the George Zimmerman charge just?
A. Yes, 2nd-degree murder is right.
B. No, It's too harsh.
C. No, It's too lenient.

Seems fine on the surface. But where is "D. No. This is all bullshit" option?
So it really doesn't matter how you answer this poll. IF you answer at all, you have already agreed that he should be charged.
So you think it's all just made up? No murder occurred? Trayvon's just sitting at his house laughing at this whole thing?

Most sane people can at least recognize that shit went down and it's not "all bullshit." The debate is whether Zimmerman was justified in shooting Trayvon to death via legitimate self-defense, or if he was the provoker that brought the conflict on himself. If you believe the former, then you believe the punishment "is too harsh". If you believe the latter, then you believe "Yes, 2nd degree murder is right." If you buy into Al Sharpton's bullshit, you believe "it's too lenient".

There is no debate over it being "all bullshit". Someone was killed.

It's funny how some of you have shifted your key positions, and yet maintain this facade of objectivity. So before, the law of the land was infallible. If he hadn't been charged, then obviously he was innocent. If they had evidence proving his guilt, then charges would have already been filed.

Now that they have? Oh, the corruption! This whole thing's a sham, and they're just playing to special interests.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #307 on: April 12, 2012, 09:51:04 AM »
So you think it's all just made up? No murder occurred? Trayvon's just sitting at his house laughing at this whole thing?

Most sane people can at least recognize that shit went down and it's not "all bullshit." The debate is whether Zimmerman was justified in shooting Trayvon to death via legitimate self-defense, or if he was the provoker that brought the conflict on himself. If you believe the former, then you believe the punishment "is too harsh". If you believe the latter, then you believe "Yes, 2nd degree murder is right." If you buy into Al Sharpton's bullshit, you believe "it's too lenient".

It's funny how some of you have shifted your key positions, and yet maintain this facade of objectivity. So before, the law of the land was infallible. If he hadn't been charged, then obviously he was innocent. If they had evidence proving his guilt, then charges would have already been filed.

Now that they have? Oh, the corruption! This whole thing's a sham, and they're just playing to special interests.

I know this.

This special Prosecutor is swinging for the fences here at a nasty Justin Verlander fastball. Its a risk for her but she seems to be fine taking it. We shall see what happens.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #308 on: April 12, 2012, 09:52:15 AM »
I think the argument is that there are people who truly believe Zimmerman was justified and no charges should have been filed at all based on "Stand Your Ground".  The pole doesn't address that option.  It's merely, he's guilty..to what degree. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #309 on: April 12, 2012, 10:01:47 AM »

There was no murder. 

Someone died, yes.  But there was no murder. 

There is, however, a witch hunt.  Which is worse than a murder because it is an intentional injustice perpetrated by self-serving fuckernotches. 

But murder?  Wasn't one.  Didn't happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #310 on: April 12, 2012, 10:18:00 AM »
I think the argument is that there are people who truly believe Zimmerman was justified and no charges should have been filed at all based on "Stand Your Ground".  The pole doesn't address that option.  It's merely, he's guilty..to what degree.

It's hard to get that through to the beta male crowd. They have been trained that if you "feel" it, it must be right.

The bullshit option should have been given. It is as valid as any of the other options. It's all opinion, but at least give the option for ALL opinions. Not just the one you want to see. Libtard poll. No wonder jizzadd got upset.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #311 on: April 12, 2012, 10:38:46 AM »
There was no murder. 

Someone died, yes.  But there was no murder. 

There is, however, a witch hunt.  Which is worse than a murder because it is an intentional injustice perpetrated by self-serving fuckernotches. 

But murder?  Wasn't one.  Didn't happen.

I agree with you 100% on this.

Just for the record, murder doesn't have to have intent to kill. Thats only first degree which is premeditated/lying in wait. JR can correct me if I am wrong but 2nd degree just requires it be a murder (not planned), such as reactionary or spontaneous (in Zimmerman's case), no intent to actually kill even though that may have been the end result.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #312 on: April 12, 2012, 10:43:14 AM »

Just for the record, murder doesn't have to have intent to kill. Thats only first degree which is premeditated/lying in wait. JR can correct me if I am wrong but 2nd degree just requires it be a murder (not planned), such as reactionary or spontaneous (in Zimmerman's case), no intent to actually kill even though that may have been the end result.

Has nothing to do with this case but there is also Felony Murder wherein, if someone is killed during the commitment of some other felony, you can be charged with murder.  Guy robs a bank and his gun goes off accidently and kills someone. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #313 on: April 12, 2012, 10:54:34 AM »
Commence opening the Pandora's box. This will come back to haunt the justice system in my opinion. People will see riots and rallies of forcing the hand of the justice system and further build upon the medias already large ego.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #314 on: April 12, 2012, 10:54:59 AM »

Exactly.

Given the facts of the case, it takes more blind assumption, or you "feeling it", as CCTAU says to believe this is anything but murder in the 2nd degree. The civil rights activists and most of the media, clamoring for 1st degree murder, are doing so based on assumptions. People that want to believe Zimmerman is a civic hero 100% in the right are doing exactly the same thing.

Once again, I'm painted as the extreme for taking the middle ground, without a hint of irony.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 10:58:26 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #315 on: April 12, 2012, 11:02:08 AM »
Exactly.

Given the facts of the case, it takes more blind assumption, or you "feeling it", as CCTAU says to believe this is anything but murder in the 2nd degree. The civil rights activists and most of the media, clamoring for 1st degree murder, are doing so based on assumptions. People that want to believe Zimmerman is a civic hero 100% in the right are doing exactly the same thing.

My gut feeling? IF this gets any traction beyond a GJ, he will somehow get a vol. manslaughter charge/plea, a sort of a meet in the middle kind of deal to keep a race war from breaking out. Its sad this thing has become totally political. The Black Panthers are calling for the extermination of "whitey" (even though Zimmerman is latino) and calling for "cracker blood" in the streets. Unreal. Most of the people on that side do NOT want justice; they simply want to further their cause using this case as a method.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #316 on: April 12, 2012, 11:07:48 AM »
Once again, I'm painted as the extreme for taking the middle ground, without a hint of irony.

Bullshit. You have been clamoring for justice for poor little Trayvon since this started.

All the rest of us have been saying is that Trayvon ONLY had the fatal bullet wound (according to reports released) and that Zimmerman had evidence of being attacked. Yet poor little innocent 13 year old Trayvon was shot by the big bad white (hispanic) man just cause he had a sweet tea and some skittles.

If the evidence is so damn flimsy you have to skip a GJ just to get it to court, why go to court?

Because it FEELS like the right thing to do for Trayvon's sweet parents!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #317 on: April 12, 2012, 11:24:59 AM »
I'm organizing a rally. 

We are going to march around the neighborhood wearing cheap bowling shirts, wearing sunglasses and brandishing handguns while we chant "Free Zimmerman, esse"

Who's in?

Can't-Cause most folks like us work to make a better life for ourselves. We don’t have time to tear up our neighborhoods and simply support somebody based on the color of their skin without getting all the facts. Some people do.

Eventually this country and people will get tired of the double standards and figure out a way to just be with each other.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #318 on: April 12, 2012, 11:31:33 AM »
Bullshit. You have been clamoring for justice for poor little Trayvon since this started.

All the rest of us have been saying is that Trayvon ONLY had the fatal bullet wound (according to reports released) and that Zimmerman had evidence of being attacked. Yet poor little innocent 13 year old Trayvon was shot by the big bad white (hispanic) man just cause he had a sweet tea and some skittles.

If the evidence is so damn flimsy you have to skip a GJ just to get it to court, why go to court?

Because it FEELS like the right thing to do for Trayvon's sweet parents!
What are you talking about?

Since the first page of this thread, I've maintained that:
-Zimmerman was following Trayvon suspeciously
-Trayvon took notice, and after unsuccessfully attempting to flee, he attacked Zimmerman
-Caught up in the scuffle, Zimmerman shot Trayvon, killing him.

That's 2nd degree murder.

I'm not saying he went out looking for a black kid to shoot that day. But I'm not saying he is a hero to all either.

Again, it's that middle ground grey area that some here are incapable of seeing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #319 on: April 12, 2012, 11:45:04 AM »
What are you talking about?

Since the first page of this thread, I've maintained that:
-Zimmerman was following Trayvon suspeciously
-Trayvon took notice, and after unsuccessfully attempting to flee, he attacked Zimmerman
-Caught up in the scuffle, Zimmerman shot Trayvon, killing him.

That's 2nd degree murder.

I'm not saying he went out looking for a black kid to shoot that day. But I'm not saying he is a hero to all either.

Again, it's that middle ground grey area that some here are incapable of seeing.

Sorry SweetPee...  That's not 2nd degree murder.  How do you make that stretch?  And, if those are the facts according to you, Trayvon would be the confirmed aggressor, and Zimmerman would be legally justified acting in self defense. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand