Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Trayvon

Token

Re: Trayvon
« Reply #200 on: April 02, 2012, 02:01:11 PM »
All this discussion kind of hits home for me.  I live on one road in our neighborhood where mine and one house across the street are the only 2 homes on that street.  The road winds by a pond and up nto a cul-de-sac.  For years, it's been a popular place for people to park and knock off a little, party and so forth and so on.  However, over the last year, a lot of stuff has been going on that doesn't need to be happening, like these guys making moltov cocktails and blowing them up in the street.

It's kind of a joke around the neighborhood that I'm the "Keeper of the Cul-de-sac" because if I see a vehicle go by after dark...they have no business being down there.  So, I hop in the truck, keep the lights off and pop them on when I get close to whoever is down there.  I've easily chased 20-25 vehicles out of there in the last 6 months alone.  I've confronted several who refused to drive off and got the cops on the firestarters.  And yes, I carry my gun, even though I've never pulled it or flashed it.  Just there for protection.  Even though I've had a lot of fun "Busting" these people, I've started getting worried about potential problems and running into someone who might not find my little neighborhood watch activities so humorous. 

The last time kind of made me stop and think.  A few weeks ago, saw a truck go by on a Friday night.  Raining like a broke-dick dog.  I pulled down there and it turns out there were a bunch of people who had gone down to the pond.  They were partying in a dang thunderstorm.  When they saw my lights, they panicked and one truck slipped down the embankment.  Now, this cracked me up...until I saw someone running up the road to my house. I stopped him in the driveway and it turned out he was just there to beg me not to call the cops and they'd clear out as soon as they could get the truck unstuck....ya' think there might have been some drugs down there?  Hmmmm...

Anywho...after my tl;dr story...when a dude is coming out of the woods at night in a driving rainstorm to your house...I may just let the police handle that stuff from now on.

Well, you could choose to be a pussy if you wanted to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #201 on: April 02, 2012, 02:03:33 PM »
Like clockwork, yet another exaggerated straw man you all can rail against instead of my actual posts.

What is your opinion on why he wasn't charged.  I'm being serious, I know you think Zimmerman should be locked up, but why do you think he isn't? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #202 on: April 02, 2012, 02:28:32 PM »
The point is, Trayvon ran, and he was following him. He sounded slightly out of breath to me, but I know there's no room for my opinions in this discussion. Also, it's possible that it was a windy day, but it's also highly possible that the wind noises were from him running while on the cell phone.   
Keep ignoring context. Yes, that is an oversimplication of the events that took place. Zimmerman started it by following the kid around reporting him to the police "for no goddamn reason". This resulted in him shooting and killing a kid. Do you believe that Trayon just attacked him 100% unprovoked? They were both just strolling along minding their own business and then Trayvon came up and attacked him?

Objection. 

Calls for speculation. 

Objection.

You are not in a position to comment on the mental state of Zimmerman.

Objection.

The term "kid" is an oversimplification of the status of Trayvon.  It indicates bias.

FWIW?  I don't know where you live, but where I live the wind blows pretty much constantly.  Sanford Florida is less than 20 miles from the Atlantic and surrounded by two lakes.  The chances of it being a windy day, particularly at that time of year are hardly remote.  In fact, it's likely.  Were the guy struggling for breath or his words clipped due to body movement you'd have a point.  Here?  You don't.  Fail.

"For no reason?"  Really?  A guy I don't recognize in a hooded sweatshirt is skulking around my neighborhood at night and guess what I'm going to do?  I'm going to call the cops.  And I'm going to keep his ass in sight if I can until they arrive.  I've done it before and helped smash a burglary spree.  I've done it before and prevented vandalism of our neighborhood park and pool.  If this punk weren't up to something he would have had no need to circle around and confront the guy. 

A kid.  PFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTT.  Bleeding heart bullshit.  17 year olds are hardly kids any more.  And just what the fuck was this "kid" doing wandering the streets in a gated community all the way across town from where he lived?  Nobody's paying any attention to that aspect at all.  What. the. fuck. was. he. doing. there. in. the. first. place?  The "kid" had no business there. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #203 on: April 02, 2012, 02:30:04 PM »
Well, you could choose to be a pussy if you wanted to.

Pussy is the better part of valor. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #204 on: April 02, 2012, 02:34:58 PM »

Well it is if you catch them knocking a piece off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

JR4AU

« Reply #205 on: April 02, 2012, 02:45:03 PM »
Objection. 

Calls for speculation. 

Objection.

Objection.

The term "kid" is an oversimplification of the status of Trayvon.  It indicates bias.

FWIW?  I don't know where you live, but where I live the wind blows pretty much constantly.  Sanford Florida is less than 20 miles from the Atlantic and surrounded by two lakes.  The chances of it being a windy day, particularly at that time of year are hardly remote.  In fact, it's likely.  Were the guy struggling for breath or his words clipped due to body movement you'd have a point.  Here?  You don't.  Fail.

"For no reason?"  Really?  A guy I don't recognize in a hooded sweatshirt is skulking around my neighborhood at night and guess what I'm going to do?  I'm going to call the cops.  And I'm going to keep his ass in sight if I can until they arrive.  I've done it before and helped smash a burglary spree.  I've done it before and prevented vandalism of our neighborhood park and pool.  If this punk weren't up to something he would have had no need to circle around and confront the guy. 

A kid.  PFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTT.  Bleeding heart bullshit.  17 year olds are hardly kids any more.  And just what the fuck was this "kid" doing wandering the streets in a gated community all the way across town from where he lived?  Nobody's paying any attention to that aspect at all.  What. the. fuck. was. he. doing. there. in. the. first. place?  The "kid" had no business there.

^^^FUCKING THIS!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #206 on: April 02, 2012, 02:46:11 PM »
Objection. 

Calls for speculation. 

Objection.

Objection.

Stop pissing on Chad's conjecture parade. It is conflicting with what he wants to believe.

I'm with Token - why in the world do you think they are NOT charging him Chad?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #207 on: April 02, 2012, 02:51:11 PM »
Stop pissing on Chad's conjecture parade. It is conflicting with what he wants to believe.

I'm with Token - why in the world do you think they are NOT charging him Chad?

I can tell you for sure why they haven't charged him.  They know they're sketchy on probable cause, and PC is a damn sight from beyond a reasonable doubt.  They'll present it to the grand jury, and let the GJ shoulder the blame for whatever happens. 
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 02:51:52 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #208 on: April 02, 2012, 02:57:38 PM »
I can tell you for sure why they haven't charged him.  They know they're sketchy on probable cause, and PC is a damn sight from beyond a reasonable doubt.  They'll present it to the grand jury, and let the GJ shoulder the blame for whatever happens.

Hogwash. We all know its racial.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #209 on: April 02, 2012, 03:10:32 PM »
Hogwash. We all know its racial.

If I've said that once, I've said that 167 times.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #210 on: April 02, 2012, 03:22:24 PM »

And you are what you eat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #211 on: April 02, 2012, 03:57:01 PM »

Capitol Hill lawmakers are doing more than donning hoodies on the House floor to respond to the death of Florida teen Trayvon Martin. Members of Congress are pushing new legislation calling for everything from gun control to restrictions on neighborhood watch groups.

The legislative steps in the wake of the fatal shooting face an uncertain fate. So far, they come exclusively from Democrats in the Congressional Black Caucus -- not power-wielding Republicans who would no doubt be leery of a hasty legislative response, particularly with an investigation still underway.

Related Stories Trayvon Martin's father says they are looking for a peaceful resolution in the case of his son's death NBC launches internal probe over edited 911 call in Trayvon Martin shooting Voice heard screaming on 911 tape is not Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman, expert says Trayvon Martin's parents to join Miami rally

But the sponsors are working on the measures over spring break and plan to push them when lawmakers return later this month. They claim they're trying to prevent another killing like the one that has touched off a raging national debate about race and the justice system.

"I am tired of burying young black boys," Rep. Frederica Wilson, D-Fla., said on the House floor. Martin lived in Wilson's district.

Wilson, who organized a rally in Miami Sunday calling for an arrest in the case, is taking a well-traveled path in response to a high-profile case -- she's forming a commission.

A spokesman confirmed that Wilson plans to call for the creation of a commission to study racial disparities among black men and boys in America.

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, is meanwhile working on a bill that would require neighborhood watch groups -- like the one for which shooter George Zimmerman was a volunteer -- to register.

"No one's registered," Jackson Lee spokesman Michael McQuerry told FoxNews.com.

He said staff members were meeting Monday to try to work out some of the details, such as what entities neighborhood watch groups should register with, and whether that should happen at the federal, state or local level.

Asked whether the proposal would call for neighborhood watch outfits to meet specific standards, McQuerry said it's still "being worked out."

CBC members last week introduced a separate resolution calling on states to repeal so-called "Stand Your Ground" laws. The law, a version of which was enacted in Florida in 2005, allows for individuals to use deadly force -- even outside their home -- if they feel threatened.

The proposed resolution on Capitol Hill, in addition to calling for repeal, "condemns" anybody who played a role in proposing the Stand Your Ground laws. The language in the measure makes blunt assertions about shooter Zimmerman, including a statement that says his "unfounded assumptions and racial bias led to the use of deadly force."

The case, though, is still being investigated at the local level and by federal Justice officials.

Tim Lynch, director of the Cato Institute's Project on Criminal Justice, questioned whether it was prudent to push for any concrete legislative changes without knowing all the facts.

"Holding a hearing would be fine," he noted. But he called the proposals on the Hill "premature."

"My impression is that they're rushing into something," Lynch said.

The media frenzy surrounding the shooting has turned up several conflicting accounts. Zimmerman, who has gone into hiding and has not been charged, reportedly has claimed he shot in self-defense. Others claim Zimmerman followed the unarmed teen and should be charged.

As for the renewed debate over Stand Your Ground legislation, backers of the laws have said the legislation doesn't apply in the case of Zimmerman and Martin.

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush said last month that "stand your ground means stand your ground -- it doesn't mean chase after somebody who's turned their back."

Even Zimmerman's attorney has said the issue at play is self-defense, not Stand Your Ground.

Vice President Biden, in an interview on CBS' "Face the Nation," backed efforts to reconsider the laws.

"But that's a decision for the state to make," he added.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/04/02/lawmakers-target-gun-laws-neighborhood-watch-in-wake-florida-teen-shooting/#ixzz1qulkon5O
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #212 on: April 02, 2012, 04:00:21 PM »
Rep. Frederica Wilson, D-Fla., said on the House floor. Martin lived in Wilson's district.

Is this Go gata?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

JR4AU

« Reply #213 on: April 02, 2012, 04:03:21 PM »
Capitol Hill lawmakers are doing more than donning hoodies on the House floor to respond to the death of Florida teen Trayvon Martin. Members of Congress are pushing new legislation calling for everything from gun control to restrictions on neighborhood watch groups.

The legislative steps in the wake of the fatal shooting face an uncertain fate. So far, they come exclusively from Democrats in the Congressional Black Caucus -- not power-wielding Republicans who would no doubt be leery of a hasty legislative response, particularly with an investigation still underway.

Related Stories Trayvon Martin's father says they are looking for a peaceful resolution in the case of his son's death NBC launches internal probe over edited 911 call in Trayvon Martin shooting Voice heard screaming on 911 tape is not Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman, expert says Trayvon Martin's parents to join Miami rally

But the sponsors are working on the measures over spring break and plan to push them when lawmakers return later this month. They claim they're trying to prevent another killing like the one that has touched off a raging national debate about race and the justice system.

"I am tired of burying young black boys," Rep. Frederica Wilson, D-Fla., said on the House floor. Martin lived in Wilson's district.

Wilson, who organized a rally in Miami Sunday calling for an arrest in the case, is taking a well-traveled path in response to a high-profile case -- she's forming a commission.

A spokesman confirmed that Wilson plans to call for the creation of a commission to study racial disparities among black men and boys in America.

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, is meanwhile working on a bill that would require neighborhood watch groups -- like the one for which shooter George Zimmerman was a volunteer -- to register.

He said staff members were meeting Monday to try to work out some of the details, such as what entities neighborhood watch groups should register with, and whether that should happen at the federal, state or local level.

Asked whether the proposal would call for neighborhood watch outfits to meet specific standards, McQuerry said it's still "being worked out."

CBC members last week introduced a separate resolution calling on states to repeal so-called "Stand Your Ground" laws. The law, a version of which was enacted in Florida in 2005, allows for individuals to use deadly force -- even outside their home -- if they feel threatened.

The proposed resolution on Capitol Hill, in addition to calling for repeal, "condemns" anybody who played a role in proposing the Stand Your Ground laws. The language in the measure makes blunt assertions about shooter Zimmerman, including a statement that says his "unfounded assumptions and racial bias led to the use of deadly force."

The case, though, is still being investigated at the local level and by federal Justice officials.

Tim Lynch, director of the Cato Institute's Project on Criminal Justice, questioned whether it was prudent to push for any concrete legislative changes without knowing all the facts.

"Holding a hearing would be fine," he noted. But he called the proposals on the Hill "premature."

The media frenzy surrounding the shooting has turned up several conflicting accounts. Zimmerman, who has gone into hiding and has not been charged, reportedly has claimed he shot in self-defense. Others claim Zimmerman followed the unarmed teen and should be charged.

As for the renewed debate over Stand Your Ground legislation, backers of the laws have said the legislation doesn't apply in the case of Zimmerman and Martin.

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush said last month that "stand your ground means stand your ground -- it doesn't mean chase after somebody who's turned their back."

Even Zimmerman's attorney has said the issue at play is self-defense, not Stand Your Ground.

Vice President Biden, in an interview on CBS' "Face the Nation," backed efforts to reconsider the laws.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/04/02/lawmakers-target-gun-laws-neighborhood-watch-in-wake-florida-teen-shooting/#ixzz1qulkon5O

If I've said it once, I've said it 482 times, these neighborhood watch groups are killing black men and boys at alarming rates, and nobody has so much as raised a finger to put a stop to it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #214 on: April 02, 2012, 04:05:03 PM »
Is this Go gata?

Corrine Brown if my failing memory serves
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #215 on: April 02, 2012, 04:25:24 PM »

Oh God, here we go with Gun Control now. Should have known it was coming. Let's put a band aid on the symptom instead of addressing the root cause.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #216 on: April 02, 2012, 04:26:43 PM »
If I've said it once, I've said it 482 times, these neighborhood watch groups are killing black men and boys at alarming rates, and nobody has so much as raised a finger to put a stop to it.

I lol'd my undies.  I haven't given my take to this point, but it's pretty simple.  Was Zimmerman justified in shooting the guy?  Probably not because he never should have carried it that far in the first place.  As I said earlier, I've had numerous similar encounters...no, not going after someone on foot with gun in tow...but in several instances, I have pulled up beside the people who did not leave and simply told them they had no business down there and that we have had robberies and yes, we do actively watch the neighborhood.  It's as simple as that and I've yet to have any real problems.  People leave.  That's my objective, nothing else.

When Zimmerman was aware that Martin knew he was being followed and took off, that pretty much ends it.  Martin wasn't going to go rob someone after that even if it was his intention.  Stay on the phone with the police and tell them you chased a suspicious looking person in your gated community and give them a description.  We have before and the police always respond and check things out.

Now, did I say suspicious? Yes. The kid didn't belong in there and Zimmerman absolutely knew he didn't.  Is that profiling?  To an extent, yes.  But it's no different than me making that same judgment when I see a white guy in a beat up ass pick up going by my house at 10:00 on a Friday night.  I know the people in my neighborhood...and he ain't one of them and thus...has no damn business back there.  And by the way, every person I've run out of there has been white.  My whole problem is that this is not a black/white/Mexican/whatever issue.  This is a situation where Zimmerman saw someone who clearly didn't belong there, whether you call it profiling or not...I call it recognizing.  His soul intent should have been making sure he knew to move on.  Clearly Martin knew that.  Is Martin to blame also if he did in fact start the actual confrontation?  Hellz yes.  But it should have never come to that.  When the people I tell to leave do so, I don't chase them.     

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #217 on: April 02, 2012, 04:29:47 PM »
This is a situation where Zimmerman saw someone who clearly didn't belong there

Has it been established that Martin's father's fiancee, who Martin was visiting, does not live in the gated community?  If she lives there, and Martin was staying there, then I think he had every right to be inside the gated community.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #218 on: April 02, 2012, 04:29:48 PM »
Oh God, here we go with Gun Control now. Should have known it was coming. Let's put a band aid on the symptom instead of addressing the root cause.

Gun control crap won't get much traction.  Among the Dems, it's become far less important an issue than it was under Clinton.  But a few will try.  Guns aren't even a symptom here, they're the answer to a problem.  What these folks would like to do is make sure everybody is disarmed and make it a crime to take personal responsibility for your community's safety for doing anything other than calling the police and then hiding in a closet.  That way the thugs can do their thing in relative safety from the devils of the world like Zimmerman. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #219 on: April 02, 2012, 04:38:55 PM »
Has it been established that Martin's father's fiancee, who Martin was visiting, does not live in the gated community?  If she lives there, and Martin was staying there, then I think he had every right to be inside the gated community.

This is a good link..  http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/04/02/us/the-events-leading-to-the-shooting-of-trayvon-martin.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions