Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Holy crap...

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Holy crap...
« Reply #160 on: April 05, 2012, 10:42:41 AM »
You can change avatars now...
Gregg Williams deserves everything they can throw at him.

Still think suspending Payton for a year, and suspending the assistant head coach and GM for a huge chunk of the year is excessive.

Also, I still don't understand why only the Saints are being punished since it has been proven that he did this everywhere he's been. If the Saints get torched, the Bills, Redskins, and Jaguars should be at least fully investigated, as well as the team he was currently coaching for at the time of the scandal, the Rams.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #161 on: April 05, 2012, 10:56:52 AM »
Gregg Williams deserves everything they can throw at him.

Still think suspending Payton for a year, and suspending the assistant head coach and GM for a huge chunk of the year is excessive.

Also, I still don't understand why only the Saints are being punished since it has been proven that he did this everywhere he's been. If the Saints get torched, the Bills, Redskins, and Jaguars should be at least fully investigated, as well as the team he was currently coaching for at the time of the scandal, the Rams.

I haven't heard anything about those organizations lying to the NFL about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #162 on: April 05, 2012, 11:14:42 AM »

I haven't heard anything about those organizations lying to the NFL about it.
Or the head coach telling his defensive coordinator to do whatever it takes to turn up the pressure and knowing full well what he was doing.

Or proof...Chadskins you are assuming the NFL didn't investigate the other programs that you mentioned.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #163 on: April 05, 2012, 11:35:58 AM »
That a version of this goes on in every NFL locker room, and if you were shocked by it, it was probably because you've never spent time in one.

First, I didn't see the big deal in that speech other than the comment about hitting people's heads in the pile and targeting ACLs.   The "you are animals, the other team is your enemy, rip them apart" type speeches are standard fare from pee wee leagues on up. 

Even coaching high school, when we were doing prep work we'd notice weaknesses.  Catcher flinches and is scared to stand her ground on plays at the plate.  We get a chance early we're going to steamroll her ass even if we KNOW we're going to make an out because it sets the tone.  We'll score two or three additional runs because she'll play scared.   

Lineman has a bad shoulder?  We're coming from that side.  Make him work it.  Make him hurt. 

But I never told players to intentionally hurt anybody.  If we could hurt them in the course of aggressive legal play?  No tears.   Closest I came was telling a pitcher to throw inside because the other team was crowding the plate.  Batter got hit and snapped the forearm.  Oops.

That said?  How much time has Chizad spent in NFL lockerrooms?  I've been in a few and never heard that kind of talk.  Been in one before, at half and after a game.  Never heard commands to kill.  In fact I was sort of amazed at the lack of interest in anything game-related even at the half.  Of course it was Campo's fruity Dallas reign. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #164 on: April 05, 2012, 11:44:07 AM »
This story has always gotten some "hell yeahs."

I took a few recruits into a meeting room with the defensive ends and Coach Price.  They were watching film.  The fullback blocked one of the defensive ends (let's call him X) and drove him into the ground and wouldn't let him up.  The conversation went something like this:

"Okay, guys.  We had one bust on us right here.  What happened?" Coach Price said.
"They ran the off tackle (or whatever play they said)," a player said.
"Now, look, guys," says Coach Price with rising volume, "We can't have this shit happening."
Then Coach Price notices the fullback blocking the end to the ground and holding him down.
"What's going on here, X?  What the fuck?  God Damnit.  God fucking damnit!" Coach Price says.
"I got blocked, sir," X says.
"What the fuck?  Don't let him block you like that!  God Damnit, X!  You CHOKE THAT MOTHERFUCKER if he tries to block you like that!" 

Obviously that's not a bounty to get the player choked to an injury.  But this kind of violent, aggressive behavior is encouraged everywhere.  As long as it's happening before the whistle and not getting a penalty, it's encouraged.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #165 on: April 05, 2012, 12:03:08 PM »
I'm being taken out of context again...

I was saying exactly this:
First, I didn't see the big deal in that speech other than the comment about hitting people's heads in the pile and targeting ACLs.   The "you are animals, the other team is your enemy, rip them apart" type speeches are standard fare from pee wee leagues on up. 

Even coaching high school, when we were doing prep work we'd notice weaknesses.  Catcher flinches and is scared to stand her ground on plays at the plate.  We get a chance early we're going to steamroll her ass even if we KNOW we're going to make an out because it sets the tone.  We'll score two or three additional runs because she'll play scared.   

Lineman has a bad shoulder?  We're coming from that side.  Make him work it.  Make him hurt. 

And then said exactly this
But I never told players to intentionally hurt anybody.
And this
I've been in a few and never heard that kind of talk.  Been in one before, at half and after a game.  Never heard commands to kill.

And as for this:
How much time has Chizad spent in NFL lockerrooms?
I actually considered typing out "(not that I have)" after that sentence, but thought that was a "No shit, Sherlock" statement. I actually anticipated someone throwing that one at me as some sort of a "gotcha", but I figured that went without saying, and had nothing to do with the point I was trying to make.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 12:04:14 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #166 on: April 05, 2012, 12:06:33 PM »
I'm being taken out of context again...

I was saying exactly this:
And then said exactly thisAnd this

And as for this:I actually considered typing out "(not that I have)" after that sentence, but thought that was a "No shit, Sherlock" statement. I actually anticipated someone throwing that one at me as some sort of a "gotcha", but I figured that went without saying, and had nothing to do with the point I was trying to make.

Teh quote funtionz almost owned u
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #167 on: April 05, 2012, 12:27:34 PM »
Bill Simmons gets it.

https://twitter.com/#!/sportsguy33

I'm officially annoyed by this Saints story. Everyone needs to get off their high horse, you can't change a culture of thinking overnight.
For instance, ESPN was running these segments less than 2 1/2 years ago. I'm just sayin'.
Does anyone really think the Saints listened to Gregg Williams and said, "Coach is right, I should rip Crabtree's ACL!" Come on.
Williams is a total buffoon, but I'm sure he's not the only one. Te truth is, it's a violent sport and we have no idea how these guys talk.
NFL/Goodell = belated ass-covering/scapegoat/deflection mode. They ignored hardcore concussion evidence from '06 to '10. Ask @sportslegacy
Real Sports piece on Chris Nowinski + concussion in 2007 --

I guess Roger Goodell didn't have HBO in 2007.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #168 on: April 05, 2012, 05:13:04 PM »
Does anyone really think the Saints listened to Gregg Williams and said, "Coach is right, I should rip Crabtree's ACL!" Come on.

As a comment by itself?  Maybe not.  But with a bounty system in place that rewards the injury of other players?  Yes.

This is supported by the fact that the video indicates that the coach rubbed his fingers together to signal "money" when making a comment about hitting a player in the head.

Was he signaling money for no reason whatsoever?  His intent wasn't to give incentives to players for head hits, cart off hits, knock outs, etc.?  Players weren't reacting to those incentives, and were instead just being good little boys going out to play clean games?

I don't buy it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

JR4AU

« Reply #169 on: April 05, 2012, 05:49:09 PM »
As a comment by itself?  Maybe not.  But with a bounty system in place that rewards the injury of other players?  Yes.

This is supported by the fact that the video indicates that the coach rubbed his fingers together to signal "money" when making a comment about hitting a player in the head.

Was he signaling money for no reason whatsoever?  His intent wasn't to give incentives to players for head hits, cart off hits, knock outs, etc.?  Players weren't reacting to those incentives, and were instead just being good little boys going out to play clean games?

I don't buy it.

I really didn't want to believe that coaches or players would tolerate or engage in actively seeking to INJURE other players.  Greg Williams is a piece of shit, and should be banned from the league.  Any player that targeted the head or knee of another player, should be banned from the league, fd they could prove it, which they can't.

"#32, we're going to knock the fuck out of him"- standard football locker room talk.

"Kill the head, the body will die" - Euphemism for getting in their minds.

"Affect the head" - Same thing.

"Lay that mother fucker out" - Same

But then,

"Continue to touch and affect that head" -  Toeing the line and leaning over it.

"#10, we need to find out about his concussion" - could be explained away, maybe, but he's now crouching to jump over the line

"He becomes human when you take out that outside ACL" - miles over the line

"We need to decide how many times we can beat Frank Gore's head" - Now talking about physically hitting the head IMO.

"We need to decide how many times we can bull rush, and put Vernon Davis' ankles over the pile" - Hmmm, talking about just shoving him back?  Or doing him some kind of ankle injury? 

Yeah Greg, you need to apologize for the way you compete. 

Chad, I don't give a fuck what you think goes on in every locker room, I don't think this does.  I think Greg Williams is a piece of shit, and by extension due to his knowledge and cover up/lies, I think Peyton is too.

Saints, and everybody involved got what they had coming.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #170 on: April 05, 2012, 05:50:51 PM »
I'd also like to see how many commentators, analysts, and spectators praised Gregg Williams for his vicious style of defense over the last five years.  It was said almost every Saints game that Gregg Williams was known for his aggressive defense and his wild leadership.  They loved him for his ability to blitz, put pressure, and take over the game. 

But no one is going after those guys either. 

It's not about the injuries or the violence.  It's about the money involved.  That's what made this an actual story.  The Saints were stupid and left a paper trail.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #171 on: April 05, 2012, 07:45:11 PM »
It ain't about the bounties anymore...it's about Gregg Williams wanting his players to hand out concussions and deliver torn ACLs and broken ankles to the opposition. What's the #1 thing the NFL commish is being hammered on, right now? Head Injuries...Concusions, what's the one thing Gregg Williams wanted his players to do? Affect the head, kill the head, find out about a certain player's concusion early in the game.

Gregg Williams might be facing a lawsuit or two, from injured players.

Also, the audio was done while the NFL was investigating the Saints, and the Saints were aware of the investigation. LMAO, what a bunch of fuckin dumbasses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #172 on: April 05, 2012, 08:58:46 PM »
Also, the audio was done while the NFL was investigating the Saints, and the Saints were aware of the investigation. LMAO, what a bunch of fuckin dumbasses.

If this is true, that was the toned down and sanitized version of his normal instructions. 

Casts a different light. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #173 on: April 05, 2012, 09:06:24 PM »
If this is true, that was the toned down and sanitized version of his normal instructions. 

Casts a different light.

Yeah...normally, he would be talking about ripping off their dicks and shitting on their gaping crotch wounds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #174 on: April 05, 2012, 09:28:22 PM »

Casts a different light.
I'm guessing he didn't know someone was recording his speech...plus, the audio has been cut up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #175 on: June 07, 2012, 09:29:39 AM »
My skreets are telling me that the Saints aren't willing to do a longterm deal with Brees, in the neighborhood of $20 Million + per year.  Brees' agent is also Payton Manning's agent...and Brees deserves to make more money than the deal that Denver and Manning struck a few days ago.  He also isn't going to sign the "franchise player" papers.
Skreets. They're never wrong...unless they are.

http://www.wwl.com/Kristian--Brees-and-Saints-have-only--minor-detail/13364132

Kristian: Brees and Saints have only "minor details" left

WWL.com Reporting
WWL Saints Sideline Reporter Kristian Garic is reporting that the New Orleans Saints and quarterback Drew Brees are very close to getting a long-term deal done.

"As early as Friday morning... or at the latest by Monday," Garic said a contract could "very possibly" be signed.

He says,  "The two sides have really closed the gap, and it may be just minor details at this point."

Click HERE to listen to Tommy Tucker's interview with Kristian about the contract talks...

Garic reports it will be in the neighborhood of $20 million dollars for the first two years.

"It is going surpass Peyton Manning's average of $19.3 million annually."

Kristian's information says it will be a five year deal.

"Contract negotiations like this, the slightest snag can put you back at square one...these things are very fragile, but I feel good about the information I've learned."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #176 on: June 08, 2012, 05:39:21 PM »

”The deal might be signed on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, someday.”

There were a lot of maybes and might bes in that article.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #177 on: June 08, 2012, 08:33:23 PM »
”The deal might be signed on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, someday.”

There were a lot of maybes and might bes in that article.

So it's right up your alley. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #178 on: June 08, 2012, 09:23:03 PM »

The Saints haven't agreed to a long term deal, $20 million + contract, Brees will not be franchised by the Saints...where was the skreets wrong on this?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions