AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Kouassi, Morena Transfer
« on: March 19, 2012, 04:38:39 PM »
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/03/willy_kouassi_bernard_morena_g.html

Willy Kouassi, Bernard Morena granted release, plan to transfer from Auburn
Published: Monday, March 19, 2012, 1:43 PM
By Evan Woodbery/Auburn Bureau, The Birmingham News, Press-Register, and The Huntsville Times

AUBURN, Alabama -- Auburn freshmen basketball players Willy Kouassi and Bernard Morena have been granted full releases and plan to transfer.

Darien Knox, the players' coach and guardian, confirmed the news this afternoon.

Both players are native of the Ivory Coast and attended high school at Central Park Christian in Birmingham.

Morena, a 6-foot-8 forward, took a redshirt this season after suffering an injury.

Kouassi, a 6-10 center, averaged 1.5 points and 2.6 rebounds in 25 games this year.

Knox said the players appreciate the "support and love" from Auburn's administration, faculty, students, fans and coaches.

Kouassi spent most of the season as third-string center behind Rob Chubb and Adrian Forbes, but got more minutes late in the year.

"He's a fighter and he's been fighting in practice," Barbee said at the time. "He's going to be fantastic in time. He's going to be one of the best big guys in this league. But it's going to continue to be a work in progress."

Morena suffered a hand injury early in the year and was quickly slated for a redshirt season.

Auburn has signed four players and has a verbal commitment from a fifth and is losing only three seniors, so turnover this offseason was inevitable.

Varez Ward, who is currently the subject of a federal point-shaving investigation, is not expected to return. The departure of Kouassi and Morena could leave Auburn with one open scholarship for 2012-2013.

Fuck. So is Barbee about to be Lebo II? Stuck in a perpetual "rebuilding" season due to constantly losing guys?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Kouassi, Morena Transfer
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 04:44:45 PM »

Fuck. So is Barbee about to be Lebo II? Stuck in a perpetual "rebuilding" season due to constantly losing guys?

I have no clue...but I did just read this...

Auburn has signed four players and has a verbal commitment from a fifth and is losing only three seniors, so turnover this offseason was inevitable.

I would assume that this means that Barbee had to do this...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 11:07:47 PM »
Does this make more room for his recruits?  I wonder if that has anything to do with it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 10:06:03 AM »
I have no clue...but I did just read this...

I would assume that this means that Barbee had to do this...

It's a process.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 10:24:31 AM »

I read it like WE did...so Barbee is more of a $aban then a Lebo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 10:33:57 AM »
I read it like WE did...so Barbee is more of a $aban then a Lebo.

Lebo needs to go. He is running players off now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE