Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

So, The Bravos..

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
So, The Bravos..
« on: March 09, 2012, 03:52:25 PM »
look like they're picking up right where they left off in 2011.  I believe they're 1-5 or 6 but I saw an article this morning where they are batting .217 overall.  I know it's spring and a lot of guys trying to win spots, but good gawd....maybe this bunch just can't hit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Re: So, The Bravos..
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 08:23:57 PM »
This is very telling...from the game today...

ATLANTA (0) AT NY YANKEES (3)

ATLANTA          AB  R  H BI            NY YANKEES       AB  R  H BI
 M Bourn cf        3  0  1  0  D         Jeter ss        2  2  1  0
 J Parraz cf       1  0  1  0  D          Bernier ss      1  1  1  0
 T Pastornicky ss  4  0  0  0          C Granderson cf   2  0  1  0
 M Diaz rf         4  0  0  0               M Mesa cf         1  0  1  1
 F Freeman 1b      4  0  0  0          R Cano 2b         2  0  0  1
 D Ross c          3  0  1  0              C Joseph 2b       1  0  0  0
 J Boscan c        1  0  1  0             N Swisher rf      3  0  1  1
 E Reyes pr        0  0  0  0            C Curtis rf       1  0  0  0
 C Bethancourt dh  4  0  0  0        E Chavez 3b       3  0  1  0
 D Sutton 2b       2  0  0  0           R Pena 3b         1  0  0  0
 B Hicks 3b        2  0  1  0             R Martin c        3  0  1  0
 J Terdoslavich 3b 1  0  0  0         G Molina c        1  0  1  0
 J Constanza lf    3  0  0  0            A Jones lf        3  0  0  0
                                                    C Garner lf       1  0  0  0
                                                    C Dickerson dh    2  0  0  0
                                                    Z Almonte ph-dh   1  0  0  0
                                                    J Vazquez 1b      2  0  0  0
                                                    J Gil 1b          1  0  0  0
 TOTALS           32  0  5  0             TOTALS           31  3  8  3
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 08:24:56 PM »
I love teh spring beisbols.  It's the only time I still feel hope.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 12:38:12 PM »
I love teh spring beisbols.  It's the only time I still feel hope.

I feel no hope.  The Braves are 1-9 so far this Spring. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 12:55:49 PM »
I may be wrong here since I don't really keep up wif the Bravos but don't they usually do horrible during the season if they do well in spring ball?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 01:04:09 PM »
I may be wrong here since I don't really keep up wif the Bravos but don't they usually do horrible during the season if they do well in spring ball?

I haven't seen any noticeable pattern.  The Braves haven't had a "horrible" season in quite a long time.  But 1-9 can't bode well for feeling good about yourself going into the season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 01:11:03 PM »
I haven't seen any noticeable pattern.  The Braves haven't had a "horrible" season in quite a long time.  But 1-9 can't bode well for feeling good about yourself going into the season.

As in horrible, I meant doing well during the season but failing miserable come playoff time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 01:17:54 PM »
As in horrible, I meant doing well during the season but failing miserable come playoff time.

I've been following teh Apaches since I was a wee child.  I know horrible!!  I know Camp and Mahler horrible.  I know Larvell "Sugarbear" Blanks horrible.  I'm familiar with Biff Pocaroba bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 05:55:57 PM »
I've been following teh Apaches since I was a wee child.  I know horrible!!  I know Camp and Mahler horrible.  I know Larvell "Sugarbear" Blanks horrible.  I'm familiar with Biff Pocaroba bad.

So you're down with Gene Garber bad?

Sign Bruce Sutter and he sucks like a Hoover bad?  10-11 with 40 saves over three years while raking in $1.6 mil a year bad?  I hated Bruce Sutter.  Son of a bitch.  That's about $120 grand per save. 

348 year old Gaylord Perry bad?

Jerry Royster, Claudell Washington, Pascual Perez, Raffie Ramirez, Ken Oberkfell, Gerald Perry bad? 

We didn't need Joe Torre.  Hell with him.  He won 80-plus games three straight seasons and finished first, second, second.  If there had been wildcard teams, well.  Fuck Torre. He sucks. Let's get TED to manage?  Or the grizzy bastard from the Pirates. 

I used to watch pretty much every game.  Back in the TBS SuperStation days when I didn't have to hunt for the games on DirecTV. 

Thought 1982 was going to be the year.  Some great memories of that season.  Watching games with my girlfriend.  The extra inning games when her dad went to bed and said I could stay until the game went off.  Horner's  homers.  The Chief in the outfield.

Good stuff.  And then Neikro's hot start got rained out, the Braves had to redo and lost the series.  Then Torre left and Atlanta went back to winning 60 games a year or so. 

Until 1991.   Funny you can look at the roster for 1988 and see people like Ron Gant, Tom Glavine and Jeff Blauser all making less than Sutter did for a single save.  Each was in the 60k range.  By 1989, Smoltz, Lemke, Francisco Cabrera, Jeff Treadway and Justice popped up on the roster.  1990 saw Avery and Charlie Fucking Liebrandt show up.  Still won just 54, 63 and 65 games those seasons.   

And then dynasty. 

When Atlanta lost to Minnesota in the Series in 1991 I couldn't get out of bed the next day.  I was horribly depressed.  Didn't go to work.  Got to remember this was pre-Internet days.  I had actually taken a day off work and driven to Atlanta to get NLCS gear the day after clinched a Series berth.  Loved the Braves then.

Now?  I hardly ever watch the Bravos.  Not sure why.  After the World Series win I woke up expecting to feel something different.  I didn't.  And I moved on I guess.   
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 05:58:49 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 06:04:12 PM »
Fucking Charlie Liebrandt; the dude had 2 pitches - a slider 2 feet out of the strike zone and a change-up/screw ball hybrid I named the screw up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 09:58:21 PM »
Fucking Charlie Liebrandt; the dude had 2 pitches - a slider 2 feet out of the strike zone and a change-up/screw ball hybrid I named the screw up.

This is my everlasting memory of Charlie Leibrandt.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 09:59:40 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 10:32:09 AM »
So you're down with Gene Garber bad?

Sign Bruce Sutter and he sucks like a Hoover bad?  10-11 with 40 saves over three years while raking in $1.6 mil a year bad?  I hated Bruce Sutter.  Son of a bitch.  That's about $120 grand per save. 

348 year old Gaylord Perry bad?

Jerry Royster, Claudell Washington, Pascual Perez, Raffie Ramirez, Ken Oberkfell, Gerald Perry bad? 

We didn't need Joe Torre.  Hell with him.  He won 80-plus games three straight seasons and finished first, second, second.  If there had been wildcard teams, well.  Fuck Torre. He sucks. Let's get TED to manage?  Or the grizzy bastard from the Pirates. 

I used to watch pretty much every game.  Back in the TBS SuperStation days when I didn't have to hunt for the games on DirecTV. 

Thought 1982 was going to be the year.  Some great memories of that season.  Watching games with my girlfriend.  The extra inning games when her dad went to bed and said I could stay until the game went off.  Horner's  homers.  The Chief in the outfield.

Good stuff.  And then Neikro's hot start got rained out, the Braves had to redo and lost the series.  Then Torre left and Atlanta went back to winning 60 games a year or so. 

Until 1991.   Funny you can look at the roster for 1988 and see people like Ron Gant, Tom Glavine and Jeff Blauser all making less than Sutter did for a single save.  Each was in the 60k range.  By 1989, Smoltz, Lemke, Francisco Cabrera, Jeff Treadway and Justice popped up on the roster.  1990 saw Avery and Charlie Fucking Liebrandt show up.  Still won just 54, 63 and 65 games those seasons.   

And then dynasty. 

When Atlanta lost to Minnesota in the Series in 1991 I couldn't get out of bed the next day.  I was horribly depressed.  Didn't go to work.  Got to remember this was pre-Internet days.  I had actually taken a day off work and driven to Atlanta to get NLCS gear the day after clinched a Series berth.  Loved the Braves then.

Now?  I hardly ever watch the Bravos.  Not sure why.  After the World Series win I woke up expecting to feel something different.  I didn't.  And I moved on I guess.

Damn, you went there on Oberkfell. Yes, the rotten years. I remember em well. Even those butt ugly smurf blue unis - classic now though.

Oh, and you left out Deon James and Andres Thomas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 10:57:00 AM »
Yeah, but do you know Willie Montanez bad?

Can you beat Zane Smith ugly?  Well, maybe with Rick Camp or Rick Mahler ugly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2012, 11:11:09 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.