Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

"Who Dat" Bounty Games...

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Shut this program down...
« Reply #460 on: August 14, 2012, 02:47:06 PM »
Irony, irony, irony.

Don't take it too seriously dude. I'z jus funnin. I could really careless. The "pawlll" shit is just funny to me regardless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
Re: "Who Dat" Bounty Games...
« Reply #461 on: August 14, 2012, 05:37:18 PM »
A whole lot of crow due up for consumption in this thread...

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8267053

:haha:

Who said that the Saints were definitively guilty of wiretapping?

I'm pretty sure the vast majority, if not all, of the people in this thread who believe the Saints to be guilty have been pointing to the evidence of the bounty system, not wiretapping.  Hence the thread title.

You might as well also point out that the Saints had nothing to do with 9/11; no one here was blaming them for that either.

Final verdict:  Guilty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #462 on: August 14, 2012, 05:49:44 PM »

Who said that the Saints were definitively guilty of wiretapping?

I'm pretty sure the vast majority, if not all, of the people in this thread who believe the Saints to be guilty have been pointing to the evidence of the bounty system, not wiretapping.  Hence the thread title.

You might as well also point out that the Saints had nothing to do with 9/11; no one here was blaming them for that either.

Final verdict:  Guilty.

Fact...AWK's got a baby on the way!

I mean Shark Week
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #463 on: August 14, 2012, 06:01:22 PM »
A whole lot of crow due up for consumption in this thread...

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8267053

I don't really remember anybody in this thread going on about wiretapping.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #464 on: August 14, 2012, 06:02:59 PM »
I don't really remember anybody in this thread going on about wiretapping.
I quoted one...

Regardless, I meant the combination of this and the Judge's statements in Vilma's appeal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #465 on: August 14, 2012, 06:38:07 PM »
I quoted one...

So one person with one post is "a whole lot of crow?"

Guilty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #466 on: August 14, 2012, 07:04:54 PM »
Fact...AWK's got a baby on the way!

I mean Shark Week
A butt baby maybe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #467 on: August 14, 2012, 07:23:09 PM »
So one person with one post is "a whole lot of crow?"

Guilty.
Full tard.

I responded to one. There are many many more from him, JR, RWS, Prowler, etc.

And regardless, as I've said twice, I'm referring to the thread as a whole, not specifically the wiretapping lunacy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #468 on: August 14, 2012, 07:32:56 PM »
Crow?  No. There is none.

Saints = Cheaters. 

Tear down the stupordome
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

« Reply #469 on: August 14, 2012, 10:21:11 PM »
Full tard.

I responded to one. There are many many more from him, JR, RWS, Prowler, etc.

And regardless, as I've said twice, I'm referring to the thread as a whole, not specifically the wiretapping lunacy.
I must have missed something. Did the court or the NFL lift his suspension?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #470 on: August 15, 2012, 05:18:40 PM »
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/15/with-bounty-rulings-pending-judge-has-clear-concerns-about-process/

With bounty rulings pending, Judge has clear concerns about league’s process
Posted by Mike Florio on August 15, 2012, 2:20 PM EDT
Vilma Bounties Football AP

We saw plenty of accounts and interpretations on Friday about the things said at the most recent bounty hearing in federal court.  But there’s no more reliable account than the officially-generated transcript of the proceedings.

PFT has obtained a copy of the officially-generated transcript, and it’s clear that Judge Helen G. Berrigan has concerns that cut both ways in the case against the NFL and the four suspended players:  Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma, Saints defensive end Will Smith, Packers defensive end Anthony Hargrove, and Browns linebacker Scott Fujita.

For starters, she expressed concern that payment of money for clean, legal hits that knock an opponent out of the game (temporarily or permanently) are bounties.

“I’m kind of seeing, like, is there really a dispute here as to — I agree, and I’ll get into it in a few minutes about the penalties and so forth, but it seems to me that there is a confluence here that what Mr. Goodell says Mr. Vilma did was in effect admitted at the hearing a couple weeks ago,” Judge Berrigan said, referring to testimony regarding the money that was paid not for deliberate efforts to injure but clean hits that caused injury.

In other words, and as we’ve said a time or two (or more), it’s about semantics.

Second, Judge Berrigan made it clear that, despite her concern that what the Saints admitted to doing amounts to a “bounty,” she has even bigger concerns about the process that the league employed.

“I would like to rule in Mr. Vilma’s favor,” Judge Berrigan said.  “I think the proceedings were neither transparent not fair.  I think I made that clear the other day.  I think the refusal to identify the accusers, much less have them at the hearing to be cross-examined, to look at biases, flaws in their testimony, and 18,000 documents that apparently were relied upon by Mr. Goodell, less than 200 were actually provided to you, many of them were redacted.”

She also believes that Vilma was justified in refusing to participate in the June 18 appeal hearing.   â€œI think you were thwarted at every [turn] by Mr. Goodell’s refusal to provide you meaningful access to witnesses and to documents,” Judge Berrigan said.

Eventually, and as pointed out as the hearing was happening, Judge Berrigan said, “If I can [rule in Vilma's favor] legally, I will.  If I find a way, I will.”

As to Vilma’s defamation claim against Commissioner Roger Goodell, Judge Berrigan seems to think that Goodell’s public statements about Vilma were justified by his job duties — and by the fact that Vilma is a public figure, who has reduced protection against false statements.  She also is concerned that the labor deal blocks the lawsuit against Goodell.

Regarding the question of whether the entire pay-for-performance/bounty situation amounts to simply a salary-cap violation, Judge Berrigan seems to be far more inclined than arbitrator Richard Burbank to conclude that the Commissioner has no authority to punish players for conduct detrimental to the game in this situation.  If she reaches that conclusion, the bounty penalties would have to be re-issued as cap penalties, and ultimately presided over by Burbank, not Goodell.

It still remains to be seen what the Judge will do.  She said that the case is “very complicated,” and that there are “a lot” of “difficult” issues to resolve.  As previously highlighted, she urged the parties to try to settle the case, and she said she may have to wait until August 30 to issue a decision, since that’s the day on which Burbank’s cap-violation decision will be appealed.

Don’t be surprised if she dismisses the defamation lawsuit but overturns the suspensions.  Whatever she does, whoever loses will appeal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #471 on: August 15, 2012, 06:27:04 PM »
Fuck Judge Ginger. 

This isn't a legal issue.  She's overreaching. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #472 on: August 15, 2012, 07:18:24 PM »
Fuck Judge Ginger. 

This isn't a legal issue.  She's overreaching.

Some folks have a hard time grasping that, call it short sighted on their part.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #473 on: September 07, 2012, 03:46:33 PM »

http://tracking.si.com/2012/09/07/appeals-panel-overturns-saints-player-suspensions/

Saints bounty scandal: Appeals court reportedly overturns players suspension

A three-member appeals panel overturned the player suspensions in the New Orleans Saints bounty case, reports SI.com.

The appeals panel vacated suspensions of Bounty 4, Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma, free agent Anthony Hargrove, Browns linebacker Scott Fujita, and Saints defensive end Will Smith. The court remanded the case back to Commissioner Roger Goodell for a redetermination of appropriate penalties.

Saints head coach Sean Payton, defensive coach Joe Vitt and former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams are still undergoing their suspensions by the league.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #474 on: September 07, 2012, 05:38:54 PM »
So, an arbitration panel (not a judge, or court) overturned it and sent it back to Goodell for re-consideration. But, according to the players, Goodell didn't have the authority to hand down any punishment in the first place. So, which is it? Does he, or does he not have the authority to hand down punishment?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #475 on: September 07, 2012, 06:00:15 PM »
So, an arbitration panel (not a judge, or court) overturned it and sent it back to Goodell for re-consideration. But, according to the players, Goodell didn't have the authority to hand down any punishment in the first place. So, which is it? Does he, or does he not have the authority to hand down punishment?

What is also contradictory is the fact that only the players' suspensions have been temporarily lifted until Goodell's decision subsequent to remanding, yet the coaches are still suspended.

So, there was enough evidence to uphold the coaches' suspensions based on accusations of a bounty system, but not the players?  Did the Saints' coaches operate the bounty system for players not on their team?

Hopefully Goodell whips his dick out and sticks with the current suspensions, or at the very least just slightly reduces them, because the appeals panel's decision was silly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #476 on: September 07, 2012, 06:03:03 PM »
What are you talking about? Read.

A judge did rule that if she had the authority, she would absolutely rule against Goodell.

A court of law doesn't have any more authority to rule on a suspension than the FBI does to put Auburn on probation for paying Cam Newton, but I wouldn't expect you to understand either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #477 on: September 07, 2012, 06:08:25 PM »
What are you talking about? Read.

A judge did rule that if she had the authority, she would absolutely rule against Goodell.

A court of law doesn't have any more authority to rule on a suspension than the FBI does to put Auburn on probation for paying Cam Newton, but I wouldn't expect you to understand either.

Judge Ginger. 

No authority.  Whatever the whore "thinks" is irrelevant.  Fuck her. 

I hope Roger doubles the suspensions for the dirty cheating bastards. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #478 on: September 07, 2012, 06:11:13 PM »
What is also contradictory is the fact that only the players' suspensions have been temporarily lifted until Goodell's decision subsequent to remanding, yet the coaches are still suspended.

So, there was enough evidence to uphold the coaches' suspensions based on accusations of a bounty system, but not the players?  Did the Saints' coaches operate the bounty system for players not on their team?

Hopefully Goodell whips his dick out and sticks with the current suspensions, or at the very least just slightly reduces them, because the appeals panel's decision was silly.
You're a tard...

This is, and always has been, between the NFLPA & the NFL. Coaches have nothing to do with the NFLPA.

And just because the coaches suspensions haven't been overturned yet, doesn't mean that the NFL Coaches Association won't step in after seeing the success of the NFLPA's case. Will that happen? I have no idea.

I get that y'all are fucking with me, but the denial of facts and vilification is every bit as extreme as we saw after the NCAA exonerated Cam.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #479 on: September 07, 2012, 06:11:59 PM »
Judge Ginger. 

No authority.  Whatever the whore "thinks" is irrelevant.  Fuck her. 

I hope Roger doubles the suspensions for the dirty cheating bastards.
But RWS is pissed because a judge didn't rule!

Obviously means they're really guilty.

Pick an argument and stick with it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions