GUILTY! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: "Who Dat" Bounty Games...
« Reply #381 on: June 25, 2012, 06:57:41 PM »
This is from last Wednesday, when the media started to realize what is going on here.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/serious-implications-goodell-admitting-vitt-evidence-incorrect-fans-021300536--nfl.html

Serious Implications in Goodell Admitting Vitt Evidence Incorrect: Fan's Perspective
Yahoo! Contributor Network
By Patrick Michael | Yahoo! Contributor Network – Wed, Jun 20, 2012 10:13 PM EDT

Joe Vitt

Following Monday's appeal hearings for the suspended players in the New Orleans Saints "pay for performance" system, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell finally released some of the league's evidence to the media. One document allegedly showed Saints interim head coach Joe Vitt pledging $5,000 to anyone knocking Minnesota Vikings QB Brett Favre out of the 2010 NFC Championship game.

Personally, this bit of news didn't stir me much one way or the other. We already knew there was something untoward going on in New Orleans because the Saints organization has admitted as much. Also, Joe Vitt is suspended for six games so Roger Goodell must have had something on him.

Lately, Joe Vitt has been focused on leading the Saints and hasn't been nearly as outspoken as suspended players such as Jonathan Vilma. However, when the media reported the above evidence, Vitt issued a quick, unequivocal denial. Joe Vitt even called Roger Goodell personally to voice his objection.

Roger Goodell

Now this is where the story gets interesting. According to Joe Vitt, Roger Goodell agreed with him! Vitt even told Goodell he'd be willing to take a lie detector test on this. So on at least one point, we now have an admission that the NFL's so-called evidence against the Saints is either vague and open to interpretation or it's outright wrong.

In my opinion, this is a very, very serious development. If Goodell has now admitted that some of the evidence against the Saints is inaccurate, how can we trust any of it? At this very moment, I'm sure Jonathan Vilma's attorney Peter Ginsberg is incorporating this development into his client's defamation lawsuit versus Goodell.

I understand that Roger Goodell's sanctions against the New Orleans Saints are not the equivalent of a court of law. Employers discipline employees every day without needing to adhere to the overwhelming burden of proof that prosecutors need in court.

However, I believe Roger Goodell has become more concerned with trying to prove that he is right rather than trying to get it right. In doing so, he has jumped on every piece of evidence, both solid and thin. As a result, we now know that Joe Vitt was falsely accused on one point.

How many others in the Saints organization besides Joe Vitt have also been falsely accused?
So, in case it wasn't clear from earlier discussions concerning Vitt's denial of involvement, Goodell admitted that this "evidence" was false.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #382 on: June 25, 2012, 07:32:10 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #383 on: June 25, 2012, 07:56:37 PM »
So, the summarization from a Saints fan standpoint is:

When Greg Williams says something, he really means something else. Only the players or personnel that have something to gain by lying should be allowed to translate this mystical language. Any other representation, whether literal or implied, shall be ignored. Goodell has every bit of motive to fabricate this entire thing, and Saints players have nothing to gain by lying. This happens on every team, so it is OK. Greg Williams just really likes Dog the Bounty Hunter. And when he uses the word "bounty" in a game week prep slide, he means paper towels. And when he put "$$$" he meant to put ":) :) :)". Some of the informants about this program have no reason to recant their confidential statements once it got out who tattled, so the NFL must be lying. They picked random players by throwing darts at a team poster.

Some of the documents shouldn't be considered because the NFL transcribed them so as to not give away who might have turned it in. The document in it's entirety is fabricated, and they only put the names of players they felt like picking on in the transcript. "QB out pool" really means to take the opposing QB to the local YMCA pool. "Cart off hit" really means hitting a golf ball from a golf cart. There is only evidence on a game or two, so it is impossible that the system spanned beyond those games.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #384 on: June 25, 2012, 07:59:41 PM »
This is from last Wednesday, when the media started to realize what is going on here.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/serious-implications-goodell-admitting-vitt-evidence-incorrect-fans-021300536--nfl.html
So, in case it wasn't clear from earlier discussions concerning Vitt's denial of involvement, Goodell admitted that this "evidence" was false.
According to OJ Simpson, the REAL murderer was on the loose while OJ was on trial. I bet that you believe that shit too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #385 on: June 25, 2012, 08:05:53 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #386 on: June 25, 2012, 08:48:12 PM »
According to OJ Simpson, the REAL murderer was on the loose while OJ was on trial. I bet that you believe that shit too.
Further evidence you can't read...

Did Marcia Clark say "Yeah, that's true. What I said earlier? I just made that up."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #387 on: June 25, 2012, 08:51:03 PM »
If the punishment is not excessive then the people breaking the rules point and laugh.
Get 'em!!!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #388 on: June 25, 2012, 10:23:31 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

RWS

« Reply #389 on: June 25, 2012, 10:54:29 PM »
Further evidence you can't read...

Did Marcia Clark say "Yeah, that's true. What I said earlier? I just made that up."
So, Goodell has came out in public to say "Hey, I fucked up."? I wasn't aware of that.

Here's the thing. If Goodell completely fabricated these transcribed documents, such as the ledger, why didn't he make it a complete and total slam dunk? Something that there would be no possibility of arguing? Something totally ironclad. If he were completely making the whole thing up, why wouldn't he make it say "Take QB out of game" or "Hurt QB to where he can't return", or something like that? Why wouldn't he fabricate document after document after document after document of complete, total, ironclad proof. Why wouldn't he word something like the ledger to where there could be absolutely no wiggle room, or room for interpretation? Are you going to tell me that he's lying, but only lying a little? It's a stupid argument and you know it.

And as far as the argument that Goodell is only doing this to soften the blow of civil liability from these guys committing suicide, that argument fails as well. If anything, if he were trying to soften the blow, he would cover this shit up to where it never sees the light of day. Instead, this only gives those civil suits more ammunition. He's making the case for them. He's handing it to them on a silver platter. Pouring gas on the fire. Again, there is no reason for the NFL to continue with this if it is completely false. At some point, somebody has to end it. Especially if it is going on everywhere as you say it is. It just so happens that the Saints lied the first time around, and now the NFL has some pretty good proof. Goodell apparently has the nuts to be the bad guy and do something about it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #390 on: June 26, 2012, 07:05:21 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #391 on: June 26, 2012, 09:14:50 AM »

Take your Bammeristic reply somewhere else....the Saints were a blind squirrel that found a nut. You are not a "champeenship franshyse!". You are the AINTS. Always will be. A fanbase full of a mix of Bammers and 9th Ward residents.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #392 on: June 26, 2012, 09:19:06 AM »
You know how many Super Bowls the Steelers, Cowboys, and 49ers have won combined since the Saints won the Super Bowl?

Zero. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

« Reply #393 on: June 26, 2012, 09:45:52 AM »
You know how many Super Bowls the Steelers, Cowboys, and 49ers have won combined since the Saints won the Super Bowl?

Zero.

You are usually not one to bite, but I thought you would like that.  :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #394 on: June 26, 2012, 10:12:26 AM »
Take your Bammeristic reply somewhere else....the Saints were a blind squirrel that found a nut. You are not a "champeenship franshyse!". You are the AINTS. Always will be. A fanbase full of a mix of Bammers and 9th Ward residents.

Did this motherfucker call us bammers?

That's what I heard. Not amused.

Just please shut up before you embarrass yourself even more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #395 on: June 26, 2012, 10:22:55 AM »

Did this motherfucker call us bammers?

That's what I heard. Not amused.

Just please shut up before you embarrass yourself even more.

Chizad doesn't know the difference between fans and players now.

Cute captions. You really got me there.  :taunt:  And YOU are the only one in this thread that is embarrassing yourself. Your only defender resorts to posting "Champeenchip" icons as a defense. Sad. I've never defended anything sports related to the extent you are defending your new residence. Wes is right, shit got real when you moved there. At least you guys can always say "at least we're not the Falcons", although your fan base is making theirs look decent at the moment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #396 on: June 26, 2012, 10:50:51 AM »
Chizad doesn't know the difference between fans and players now.

Cute captions. You really got me there.  :taunt:  And YOU are the only one in this thread that is embarrassing yourself. Your only defender resorts to posting "Champeenchip" icons as a defense. Sad. I've never defended anything sports related to the extent you are defending your new residence. Wes is right, shit got real when you moved there. At least you guys can always say "at least we're not the Falcons", although your fan base is making theirs look decent at the moment.
I don't get how me posting articles and correcting the idiocy that has spewed from this thread = I'm more passionate about the Saints than I am Auburn.

But yes, I live here. My wife was born and raised here. I also happen to be personal friends with someone way closer to the situation than you would imagine. I'm sorry you've never lived anywhere that warrants having an NFL team to care about, but if you did, you would realize that it changes things. You would get the sense of community when everyone you encounter is a fan of the same team. It's not better than college football in a state divided, it's just different. Don't see how that invalidates my argument at all.

I defended Auburn just as much if not more when it was en vogue to unjustifiably accuse Auburn of crimes they didn't commit, except I was preaching to the choir here. I learned then that when vultures will try to bring a program down with little to no justification because "there's smoke" they're usually full of shit.

Sad how few here are incapable of learning from that experience. Sad that many here will be the last to come around, now that the vast majority of media and fans have come to their senses on this and realize that Goodell and the NFL are full of shit. I know you'd like to think I'm on an island, but I'm not. In this thread, yes, but that's because you have a two passionate Saints haters, two passionate AUChizad haters, three counting the bammer, and one predatory-homosexual-hobbit-lawyer who will argue with a brick wall.

And by-and-large, Saints fans = Corndogs = Bama haters.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 11:00:15 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #397 on: June 26, 2012, 10:53:05 AM »
So, Goodell has came out in public to say "Hey, I fucked up."? I wasn't aware of that.
Because you can't read.

Don't know how many times it has to be posted.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #398 on: June 26, 2012, 11:16:18 AM »
One predatory-homosexual-hobbit-lawyer who will argue with a brick wall.

Ok, I'm not going to lie, that was  :bugs:

But is he predatory?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #399 on: June 26, 2012, 11:38:45 AM »
There are still so many things you refuse to address or even acknowledge.

You post an article that grades the evidence presented.  You highlight every F or incomplete, yet ignore the other pieces of evidence which received higher grades.

A player can audibly be heard to yell "Give me my money" when Vitt informs the players that Favre was hurt in the most recent play.  Hargrove's verbal denial that he said that is blindly accepted.  Furthermore, you ignore the fact that someone on the Saints said it, even if it wasn't Hargrove.

You ignore that Hargrove admitted to being told to "play dumb" when investigators came to ask about a bounty system, and don't want to address what exactly he was being told to play dumb about.

You don't want to acknowledge Williams' apology, and his express statement that he was putting players' safety in danger with his system.  You also ignore Williams' admission that Vitt told Hargrove to lie about a bounty system, and instead choose to believe Vitt's denial.

There are express references in the documents to monetary pay outs, cart-off hits, and bounties, yet you blindly accept an after-the-fact explanation by Williams that these terms don't mean what we think.  This same explanation comes from the guy who stated that Vitt told a player to lie about the existence of a bounty system.  Oh...I'm sorry...not "lie" about a bounty system, but "play dumb," "stick to the story," and "stay on the same page" about something.  I'm sure Williams has an explanation for those terms as well.

Vilma, Smith, Fujita, and Hargrove show up to their appeal hearing, cry about not having exactly 72 hours to review the evidence, and are given until the afternoon (the end of the 72 hour period they are guaranteed) to review the evidence and make their appeal.  Vilma didn't show up to make an appeal that afternoon, and although the other three showed up, they had no response to give to the evidence even after protesting not having enough time (and receiving additional time) to review the evidence.  And Goodell kept the case open for the remainder of last week to allow the players to come back and put up a defense if they feel they have a legitimate case that needs to be considered...yet they didn't, as far as I've heard.

And what has yet to be mentioned is that the Saints have failed to offer anything to refute what the NFL has presented, other than verbal denials regarding the authenticity of documentation and the meaning of words.  Do you think that Goodell rappelled into the Saints' headquarters and stole documentation like a ninja?  Why didn't the coaches, players, and/or their attorneys make copies of documents before handing them over?  Why not submit those copies during the appeal instead of walking away from the hearing and not coming back with any response whatsoever?

For a team which vehemently believes that every accusation is false and that there is no evidence, they sure are failing to present any evidence or provide any verifiable defenses, other than broad verbal denials by those accused.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin