Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

"Who Dat" Bounty Games...

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: "Who Dat" Bounty Games...
« Reply #320 on: June 21, 2012, 07:53:33 PM »
Chad, here's an anecdote about the worth of lie detectors:

I was suing a guy for a pile of money he owed my client.  The defendant's lawyer practically begged me to let his client take a test to prove that he didn't owe the money.  The test results were favorable for the defendant, but lie detector tests are generally inadmissable in court in Georgia.  I agreed to stipulate to the admissability of the results (I was fresh out of school...less than 1 year...and thought I had to play nice with opposing counsel at all times).

We got to court and the judge looked at me and said, "Mr. F, you agreed to make these results admissable??"

I replied, "I trust your Honor will give the results the weight they are due."

He said, "I will.  Judgment for the plaintiff."
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 08:27:40 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #321 on: June 21, 2012, 09:46:52 PM »
”...There was some evidence, taken from the Saints' own computer system, that money was pledged for so-called bounties...”

That's all you need, there was a bounty system in place.

I say, make the Saints sit out this upcoming season, maybe they'll learn to stop trying to injure other players and to stop crying about the punishment (bammer Saints...rawwww Saints Paw!!!)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #322 on: June 21, 2012, 09:56:33 PM »
”...There was some evidence, taken from the Saints' own computer system, that money was pledged for so-called bounties...”

I say, make the Saints sit out this upcoming season, maybe they'll learn to stop trying to injure other players and to stop crying about the punishment (bammer Saints...rawwww Saints Paw!!!)

Speaking of... Where's K?  Did he get pissy and leave again?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #323 on: June 21, 2012, 10:36:47 PM »
Speaking of... Where's K?  Did he get pissy and leave again?

Tied up with the works I believe. Media days will surely bring him back around. Speaking of which, anybody going?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #324 on: June 21, 2012, 11:59:47 PM »
Funny how the article has contradictory elements to it that  :thumsup: overlooks.

Such as:

. . . there wasn't overwhelmingly damning evidence against the players.

vs

There was some evidence, taken from the Saints' own computer system, that money was pledged for so-called bounties.

Unless they're insinuating that the coaches set up a computerized bounty system and never told the players about it, then I'm pretty sure that's damning evidence that a bounty system was in place and that players knew about it.

Same thing with the notes.  Unless the coaches were putting monetary figures next to players' names for shits and giggles, there is pretty damning evidence regarding the players' involvement.

Even if you want to nitpick at it and say that the NFL can not definitively state that those specific players ever received bounty rewards, they had to be aware of the bounties, and thus should be held accountable for lying about their existence.  Unless, once again, you want us to take an imaginative leap and assume that the coaches developed a bounty system on their computers and never showed it to the players who were listed on the system and in the notes.

Hargrove admits he misled an NFL investigator early on but says he did so only because his coaches told him to.

So, let's get this straight:  Hargrove gets his panties in a wad because the NFL misquoted his signed declaration by stating that Hargrove admitted the existence of the bounty system but that the coaches told him to lie about it.

Now, after all of his crying about how he was misquoted, he admits that he misled an NFL investigator early on?  "You quoted me wrong about admitting the existence of a bounty system...but yeah, I misled an NFL investigator regarding the existence of a bounty system."

Anthony Hargrove is now the NFL's Rick James.  "What am I gonna do?  Just jump up and grind my feet on somebody's couch like it was something to do? .....yeah, I remember grinding my feet on Eddie's couch."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #325 on: June 22, 2012, 10:22:51 AM »
Wow, we find some common ground!  I like Lousiana and Crystal.  Tobasco sux! 

I went to a Mexican place today that had about 8 different hot sauces on the table.  I added one of the Habenero one's to the salsa, and it was pretty damn good.  The Cholula, I can't even figure out what that's for...it reminds me of the crap in the packets at Taco Bell.

Not having a taste for it and it sucking are two different things. I would guess you are more the former with Tabasco. Tabasco is carefully made with those lovely little proprietary peppers on Avery Island in a careful process. So, you hush your dirty little whorish Prosecutor mouf ya jackhole!

Sorry Chad, but thread hijack back on.   :thumsup:

Oh, BTW - did you know pathological liars pass lie detector tests. See Chad, they actually believe what they are saying. Its not uncommon. Vitt is a dirty whorish liar. So what other hot sauces do you like?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #326 on: June 22, 2012, 10:28:21 AM »
Well, first of all, I didn't write the article. I am well aware that lie detector tests are fallible and not admissible in a court of law. All I'm saying is, it supports what the previous article I linked is saying about how these players and coaches are not just timidly deflecting, they are flat out firmly, aggressively, passionately, convincingly denying the NFL's accusations. This is not Sandusky denying his. Watch the videos. If you have any sort of bullshit detector, it's not going off here. They're pissed. Reminiscent of Chizik's "When my head hits the pillow" statements.

Hilarious coming from Mr. "BOOM MOTHERFUCKER!!!! SNAP HIS FUCKING RIBS IN HALF AND RIP HIS GODDAMN THROAT OUT WITH YOUR TEETH AND LET THE BLOOD RUN DOWN YOUR FACE!!!!", and that's what you want in a DC at the college level. But God-forbid an NFL coach showing some hubris to his full grown adult, big boy, professional athletes.

Funny how the article has contradictory elements to it that  :thumsup: overlooks.

Such as:

vs

Unless they're insinuating that the coaches set up a computerized bounty system and never told the players about it, then I'm pretty sure that's damning evidence that a bounty system was in place and that players knew about it.

Same thing with the notes.  Unless the coaches were putting monetary figures next to players' names for shits and giggles, there is pretty damning evidence regarding the players' involvement.

Even if you want to nitpick at it and say that the NFL can not definitively state that those specific players ever received bounty rewards, they had to be aware of the bounties, and thus should be held accountable for lying about their existence.  Unless, once again, you want us to take an imaginative leap and assume that the coaches developed a bounty system on their computers and never showed it to the players who were listed on the system and in the notes.
I'm not overlooking anything. There's nothing contradictory about that article. You, however, are the one blatantly overlooking several facts here.

First of all, the definition of "So called bounties" is not as cut-and-dry as you're pretending that it is. Ask Chris Carter if he is admitting to have frequently tried to take out people's knees and permanently injure them throughout his career. That's the whole point of the revelations this week. There is no "smoking gun". Only very vague circumstantial evidence, the most damning is just the existence of the word "bounty" with no context. The other "evidence" would be these notes that were allegedly on the Saints' computer system. However, as has been increasingly called into question from the beginning, and now Vitt has confidently flat-out accused, those notes have been "falsified and tampered with". They can't produce the originals or even say who wrote them. Shady as shit, and you know it.

So, let's get this straight:  Hargrove gets his panties in a wad because the NFL misquoted his signed declaration by stating that Hargrove admitted the existence of the bounty system but that the coaches told him to lie about it.

Now, after all of his crying about how he was misquoted, he admits that he misled an NFL investigator early on?  "You quoted me wrong about admitting the existence of a bounty system...but yeah, I misled an NFL investigator regarding the existence of a bounty system."

Anthony Hargrove is now the NFL's Rick James.  "What am I gonna do?  Just jump up and grind my feet on somebody's couch like it was something to do? .....yeah, I remember grinding my feet on Eddie's couch."
Again, you continue to live in this black-and-white, all or nothing world. He admits to being misleading about the existence of a pay for performance system (which, again, exists in some form on every team in the NFL and has for generations), but adamantly denies admitting that intentionally injuring players had anything to do with these systems.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 10:30:28 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #327 on: June 22, 2012, 11:15:27 AM »
First of all, the definition of "So called bounties" is not as cut-and-dry as you're pretending that it is. Ask Chris Carter if he is admitting to have frequently tried to take out people's knees and permanently injure them throughout his career.

So you believe that a "cart-off hit" has nothing to do with taking the opponent off of the field via a cart, that "QB out" has nothing to do with taking the quarterback out of the game, and that the use of the term "bounty" in slides, in combination with references to money, was just an innocent coincidence caused by the Saints' love of Dog the Bounty Hunter?

And you say we're stretching?

That's the whole point of the revelations this week. There is no "smoking gun".

Because ledgers which show payouts for the above mentioned terms, in addition to the use of the word "bounty" in combination with money (providing context), is not a smoking gun?

The other "evidence" would be these notes that were allegedly on the Saints' computer system.

The notes in the exhibits that I saw were transcribed from the Saints' handwritten notes.  I don't know about any notes on a computer; the only thing from a computer that I've heard about are the ledgers which reference payouts to players, both of which are pretty damning in and of themselves.

However, as has been increasingly called into question from the beginning, and now Vitt has confidently flat-out accused, those notes have been "falsified and tampered with". They can't produce the originals or even say who wrote them. Shady as shit, and you know it.

So when someone accused of something says, "The evidence is false!," that seals the deal for you?

Aside from that, even if you want to believe the accused's exclamation of evidence tampering, there is still evidence which no one has disputed as being false.

There are still the slides which reference money and bounties.

There is still the video of a player (Hargrove or not) yelling, "Give me my money!"

There is still the statement from Gregg Williams, in which he said he knew the program "was rolling the dice with player safety and someone could have been maimed."

There are still three sources who told league investigators that Vilma offered $10,000 himself during a motivational speech by "raising his hands, each of which held stacks of bills, that he had two 'five-stacks,''' to give to the player who knocked Favre from the game.

There is still the signed statement from Hargrove, in which he says that coaches repeatedly told him to "stick to the story," "stay on the same page," and "play dumb."

Again, you continue to live in this black-and-white, all or nothing world. He admits to being misleading about the existence of a pay for performance system (which, again, exists in some form on every team in the NFL and has for generations), but adamantly denies admitting that intentionally injuring players had anything to do with these systems.

The investigator was there to investigate the existence of a bounty system.  If Hargrove misled an investigator, then it's logical to conclude that he misled him in regard to the existence of a bounty system.

Accordingly, Hargrove's signed statement indicates that coaches informed him that the NFL was investigating a bounty system, and that Hargrove was instructed to "stick to the story," "stay on the same page," and "play dumb" about the inquiries as to the bounty system.  Every article that I've seen regarding Hargrove and the fact that he misled an investigator states that Hargrove admits to misleading the investigator only because the coaches told him to do so.

Because Hargrove's signed statement indicates that the coaches told him to deny the existence of a bounty system, and because the investigator was there to investigate the existence of a bounty system, I don't see how you can conclude that Hargrove only misled the NFL in regard to a pay-for-performance system.

Further, you want to damn the NFL for skewing and/or lying about certain facts, yet at the same time want to wholeheartedly believe Hargrove, a person who at the very least misled an investigator about a pay-for-performance program, if not a bounty system?  So the NFL is not trustworthy because you think they lie, but a player who has lied/misled (and admitted to it) is trustworthy?

Tinted glasses.  You has them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

JR4AU

« Reply #328 on: June 22, 2012, 11:24:22 AM »

I was suing a guy for a pile of money he owed my client.  The defendant's lawyer practically begged me to let his client take a test to prove that he didn't owe the money.  The test results were favorable for the defendant, but lie detector tests are generally inadmissable in court in Georgia.  I agreed to stipulate to the admissability of the results (I was fresh out of school...less than 1 year...and thought I had to play nice with opposing counsel at all times).

We got to court and the judge looked at me and said, "Mr. F, you agreed to make these results admissable??"

I replied, "I trust your Honor will give the results the weight they are due."

He said, "I will.  Judgment for the plaintiff."

The guys that run those machines will tell you otherwise, but Lie Detectors are tools to trick folks in to a confession.  Take one for a job application, and you'll see, they never "have a problem" with any of the old addresses you gave, but they always "have a little problem" and need to re-ask if you've ever smoked dope and first replied in the negative.  This is where people fuck up and change their story, and thus "fail" the test.  When you admit you lied earlier, they can say conclusively, you lied.  You "beat a lie detector" by sticking to your story.  They can't say conclusively that you lied. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #329 on: June 22, 2012, 12:03:21 PM »
So you believe that a "cart-off hit" has nothing to do with taking the opponent off of the field via a cart, that "QB out" has nothing to do with taking the quarterback out of the game, and that the use of the term "bounty" in slides, in combination with references to money, was just an innocent coincidence caused by the Saints' love of Dog the Bounty Hunter?

And you say we're stretching?
At the risk of being redundant, I believe the NFL Players Association, and the players, when they define the terms that they are using.

https://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResources/files/NFLPA_Annotated_Exhibits.PDF
Cart-off - A “cart-off’ is simply a hard hit. It does not literally mean that a player was carted off the field. Coaches and players may use the terms “Knockout,” “Tapout,” “Blowups,” or “Hit Parade” to describe the same type of play.

Because ledgers which show payouts for the above mentioned terms, in addition to the use of the word "bounty" in combination with money (providing context), is not a smoking gun?
Again, I'm a broken record, but "Bounty" ≠ "payout for intentionally injuring someone". So says the NFLPA, so says numerous NFL players past and present. None of the NFL's "evidence" definitively proves otherwise.

The notes in the exhibits that I saw were transcribed from the Saints' handwritten notes.  I don't know about any notes on a computer; the only thing from a computer that I've heard about are the ledgers which reference payouts to players, both of which are pretty damning in and of themselves.
Again, they were falsified. Show me the originals and/or tell me who they came from, and maybe I would have reason to question Vitt when he flat-out claims the NFL made them up. Before he even made this accusation, the validity of these notes were being called into question.

So when someone accused of something says, "The evidence is false!," that seals the deal for you?
The investigator was there to investigate the existence of a bounty system.  If Hargrove misled an investigator, then it's logical to conclude that he misled him in regard to the existence of a bounty system.

Accordingly, Hargrove's signed statement indicates that coaches informed him that the NFL was investigating a bounty system, and that Hargrove was instructed to "stick to the story," "stay on the same page," and "play dumb" about the inquiries as to the bounty system.  Every article that I've seen regarding Hargrove and the fact that he misled an investigator states that Hargrove admits to misleading the investigator only because the coaches told him to do so.

Because Hargrove's signed statement indicates that the coaches told him to deny the existence of a bounty system, and because the investigator was there to investigate the existence of a bounty system, I don't see how you can conclude that Hargrove only misled the NFL in regard to a pay-for-performance system.

Further, you want to damn the NFL for skewing and/or lying about certain facts, yet at the same time want to wholeheartedly believe Hargrove, a person who at the very least misled an investigator about a pay-for-performance program, if not a bounty system?  So the NFL is not trustworthy because you think they lie, but a player who has lied/misled (and admitted to it) is trustworthy?

Tinted glasses.  You has them.
How would that go in an actual court of law, if the prosecutor was submitting false evidence? Factually inaccurate evidence? It says a lot about the case itself when the accuser of wrongdoing initially refuses to produce any evidence, and when they finally do it's inaccurate and/or completely false. The onus is on the party making these drastic accusations, and dishing out these draconian punishments, to provide some evidence besides some completely made up bullshit.

Aside from that, even if you want to believe the accused's exclamation of evidence tampering, there is still evidence which no one has disputed as being false.

There are still the slides which reference money and bounties.

There is still the video of a player (Hargrove or not) yelling, "Give me my money!"

There is still the statement from Gregg Williams, in which he said he knew the program "was rolling the dice with player safety and someone could have been maimed."

There are still three sources who told league investigators that Vilma offered $10,000 himself during a motivational speech by "raising his hands, each of which held stacks of bills, that he had two 'five-stacks,''' to give to the player who knocked Favre from the game.

There is still the signed statement from Hargrove, in which he says that coaches repeatedly told him to "stick to the story," "stay on the same page," and "play dumb."
Context. The NFL doesn't has dem.

The only thing you mentioned above with any significance, is Vilma allegedly offering $10,000 to knock Favre out of the game during a motivational lockerroom "pep talk". Assuming these "unnamed sources" are telling the truth, or even exist, which at this point is reasonable to question. I still think this amounts to typical locker-room hubris, and Vilma is not endorsing permanently injuring Favre outside of the rules of the game.

But for the sake of argument, let's say that's the "smoking gun". How on earth does that prove "sustained use" of a program designed to "hurt players" as the NFL accused? How does that justify any of the suspensions sans Vilma's? How is that a sustained, institutional problem that warrants the drastic suspensions of Payton, Vitt, and Loomis? Let alone, other players which the NFL has produced no evidence of any involvement whatsoever?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 12:44:19 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #330 on: June 22, 2012, 12:18:38 PM »
I think football is a rough ass sport played by very large, mean men, especially at the D1 college and NFL levels.  I think 97.4% of all defensive players dream of knocking someone out of the game..ie, a "cart off hit".  I also think some players are dirty as hell and do in fact try to take someone out by injuring a knee or a savage blow to the head....and that this has been a part of the sport forever.  I believe that all players around the league know who is "dirty" and who is not and true bounties or no bounties, there is most likely an unwritten code that they will handle payback in their own way.  And I think the NFL should stay the fuck out of it and let these guys play the game the way always have.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #331 on: June 22, 2012, 12:41:05 PM »
I think football is a rough ass sport played by very large, mean men, especially at the D1 college and NFL levels.  I think 97.4% of all defensive players dream of knocking someone out of the game..ie, a "cart off hit".  I also think some players are dirty as hell and do in fact try to take someone out by injuring a knee or a savage blow to the head....and that this has been a part of the sport forever.  I believe that all players around the league know who is "dirty" and who is not and true bounties or no bounties, there is most likely an unwritten code that they will handle payback in their own way.  And I think the NFL should stay the fuck out of it and let these guys play the game the way always have.
Thank. You.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #332 on: June 22, 2012, 12:52:32 PM »

The way its always been played has resulted in a bunch of fucked up in the head dudes who wind up donating their brains to science.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

« Reply #333 on: June 22, 2012, 01:53:44 PM »
At the risk of being redundant, I believe the NFL Players Association, and the players, when they define the terms that they are using.

The section of the annotated exhibit to which you are referencing is entitled "Coach Williams' Language."

These are not definitions provided by the NFLPA.  If you read the first page of the PDF to which you've referenced, it indicates that the NFLPA is providing "individuals' explanations of several of the relevant slides."  The Players Union merely determined, based upon Coach Williams' testimony alone, that these terms were "motivational, not literal."

Again, I ask:  If the accused merely denies everything and makes up excuses for terms, does that seal the deal for you?  The NFL is required to present you with a smoking gun, yet Gregg Williams can just give an unverified excuse for what he meant when he used the term "cart-off?"

Again, they were falsified.

Evidence of this falsification?  Or is this another situation in which it's okay to believe the Saints' unverified claims, but not okay to believe the NFL when they produce actual evidence and not just unverified verbal justifications?

How would that go in an actual court of law, if the prosecutor was submitting false evidence? Factually inaccurate evidence?

Hargrove did not claim that his signed statement was false or otherwise doctored; he only stated that the NFL misquoted his statement in news releases.  The statement has been produced, and Hargrove has not (to my knowledge) claimed that it was forged or altered.

The onus is on the party making these drastic accusations, and dishing out these draconian punishments, to provide some evidence besides some completely made up bullshit.

Evidence has been produced.  The onus is now on the accused to disprove that evidence.  Exclaiming that it's falsified without justification or proof that it is falsified does not work.

But for the sake of argument, let's say that's the "smoking gun". How on earth does that prove "sustained use" of a program designed to "hurt players" as the NFL accused?

Again, you're not looking at the totality of the evidence in context.  You claim that these ledgers which show payment for specific acts don't show that the program is designed to hurt players, meanwhile Gregg Williams has stated that the program "was rolling the dice with player safety and someone could have been maimed."

You blindly accept Gregg Williams' explanation that "cart-off hit" doesn't actually mean a hit that injures a player, meanwhile ignoring his admission that someone could have been "maimed" as a result of the system that they were running.

You blindly accept that the usage of the word "bounty" was merely an accident, and that Gregg Williams' statements regarding the potential maiming of players in combination with the ledgers showing the intent to offer payments were inexplicably coincidental.

Meanwhile, you refuse to blindly accept anything that the NFL puts forth.  They show us a document?  Nope, falsified; Joe Vitt says so.  The word bounty is used in a slide that has not been contested to be falsified?  Nope, bounty doesn't mean that; Gregg Williams said so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #334 on: June 22, 2012, 01:56:41 PM »
I've seen some expert multi-quoting going on in this thread.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #335 on: June 22, 2012, 02:02:48 PM »
I've seen some expert multi-quoting going on in this thread.

Can I quote you on that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #336 on: June 22, 2012, 02:26:36 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #337 on: June 22, 2012, 04:29:15 PM »
At the risk of being redundant, I'm a broken record

Spot on Chad, spot on.

I agree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #338 on: June 22, 2012, 04:29:55 PM »
Can I quote you on that?

You can quote me when I say Dave's Nagas is some bad mofos!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #339 on: June 22, 2012, 04:52:11 PM »
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/6/22/3110814/demaurice-smith-saints-bounty-investigation
DeMaurice Smith Wants Saints Bounty Investigation To Be Redone

Jun 22 2:31p by Joel Thorman

If you've been confused by the NFL's investigation into the New Orleans Saints alleged bounty program, then join the rest of us. It seems every time one party says anything, others are there to say it's not true. Count NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith among those who want clearer answers in the Saints bounty investigation.

Smith wrote a letter to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell asking him to re-do the whole thing.

As a fellow steward of this game, and wholly apart from the union's and the players' legal objections, in light of these retractions and contradictions that have come to your recent attention, I ask that you order that the investigation of this matter be redone thoroughly and transparently, and if the full and complete information shows that none of the accused players participated in a "pay to injure" scheme, the NFL publicly issue such written findings.

Specifically, Smith cites the claims that Joe Vitt participated in the bounty program, despite his clear denials that he was involved. Smith also notes that the NFL said Mike Ornstein corroborated other sources who said Jonathan Vilma placed a $10,000 bounty on Brett Favre, but Ornstein has since said he never said that.

While it appears there was some sort of pay-for-performance scheme, the evidence isn't as clear when it comes to bounties. That there are multiple questions about the NFL's investigation does make you wonder where the truth actually is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions