Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

"Who Dat" Bounty Games...

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: "Who Dat" Bounty Games...
« Reply #300 on: June 21, 2012, 11:09:23 AM »
Crystal's is the best shit around. It's not all that hot, but has a great flavor.

Troof.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #301 on: June 21, 2012, 11:40:31 AM »
Troof.

See, isn't hot sauce much more pleasant to discuss than the fucking Saints?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #302 on: June 21, 2012, 11:46:31 AM »
I pass this nearly every day going home from downtown and/or the in-laws' place in Gretna.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 11:48:37 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #303 on: June 21, 2012, 11:47:26 AM »
Damn I miss New Orleans. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #304 on: June 21, 2012, 11:56:40 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #305 on: June 21, 2012, 11:58:35 AM »
Damn I miss New Orleans.

The 9th ward and poverty are worth every drop of that hot sauce.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #306 on: June 21, 2012, 12:16:08 PM »
So this has devolved into a food discussion - are you guys giving Chizad the "Birmingham" treatment?  Next thing you guys are going to stalk his acounts and steal his pictures and downloads - oh wait, the RIAA is going to do that to him instead.

:thumsup:
"Prattville"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #307 on: June 21, 2012, 02:38:31 PM »
Cholula is for pussies that have only .98 in their pocket when it comes time to buy hot sauce. The shit isn't even HOT.
Oh, I don't use that for ”Hotness”, I use it for flavor.  Here's what I use if I want hot....

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

« Reply #308 on: June 21, 2012, 02:51:12 PM »
Oh, I don't use that for ”Hotness”, I use it for flavor.  Here's what I use if I want hot....

I agree, the flavor is good. I use Cholula on mexican a lot.

Can't see the pic because its blocked on the PC I am sitting on but ever tried this one?

And yes, we've changed this to a food discussion since that is New Orleans' shining beacon of goodness.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #309 on: June 21, 2012, 04:09:53 PM »
I agree, the flavor is good. I use Cholula on mexican a lot.

Can't see the pic because its blocked on the PC I am sitting on but ever tried this one?

And yes, we've changed this to a food discussion since that is New Orleans' shining beacon of goodness.
Yes, Dave's is pretty hot. But, the Naga Viper sauce tastes better and burns longer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

« Reply #310 on: June 21, 2012, 04:10:59 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #311 on: June 21, 2012, 04:14:52 PM »
Why do you hate teh blacks?

Oh...nagas
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #312 on: June 21, 2012, 04:15:52 PM »
Yes, Dave's is pretty hot. But, the Naga Viper sauce tastes better and burns longer.

There are some videos buried in the X archives of idiots eating this stuff. I thought they were
going to die.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #313 on: June 21, 2012, 04:25:49 PM »
There are some videos buried in the X archives of idiots eating this stuff. I thought they were
going to die.

I don't know about Prowlee's Nagas but as for Dave's, to paint you a pic of how hot it is:

I can almost literally drink Texas Pete and Tabasco. And they are both generally considered pretty warm.

I bought a bottle of Dave's and had to throw it out before I used it all because it sat in my fridge for that long. It was so hot that you could really only use very small amounts at a time. It will go bad before you use it all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #314 on: June 21, 2012, 04:41:03 PM »
I don't know about Prowlee's Nagas but as for Dave's, to paint you a pic of how hot it is:

I can almost literally drink Texas Pete and Tabasco. And they are both generally considered pretty warm.

I bought a bottle of Dave's and had to throw it out before I used it all because it sat in my fridge for that long. It was so hot that you could really only use very small amounts at a time. It will go bad before you use it all.

Prolly about the same. I actually think there is a Dave's Naga Hot Sauce. Same pepper and same results.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #315 on: June 21, 2012, 04:59:19 PM »
Dave's Naga

Are you saying Dave is a racist?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #316 on: June 21, 2012, 05:04:27 PM »
Are you saying Dave is a racist?

Have you been to Wendy's lately?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #317 on: June 21, 2012, 06:18:35 PM »
Sorry to re-rail, but...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8080482/nfl-goodell-reduce-bounty-penalties

Should Goodell cut bounty penalties?
He probably won't waver, despite thin evidence presented so far against players
Originally Published: June 21, 2012
By Ashley Fox | ESPN.com

The players were eloquent. They were thoughtful. And they were rather convincing.

But just because Jonathan Vilma, Scott Fujita and Anthony Hargrove passionately defended themselves against bounty charges doesn't mean that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell will lift their suspensions or that of Will Smith. This judge-jury-executioner thing doesn't work that way.

Goodell didn't rescind suspensions of New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton (a year), general manager Mickey Loomis (eight games) or assistant head coach Joe Vitt (six games). Vitt has vehemently denied that he contributed to a bounty pool and offered this week to take a lie detector test.

Even though he is leaving the players' appeals open through the end of Friday, there is little reason to think Goodell will suddenly back off his decision to suspend Vilma (full season), Hargrove (eight games), Smith (four games) and Fujita (three games). He probably should. In light of the evidence the league has made public so far, the suspensions seem more than a little harsh.

Maybe the league has more specifically on the players than it has released. It must, given the impact on those players' careers and reputations. But what the players were shown during their appeals hearings wasn't all that convincing. There wasn't a so-called smoking gun. There was a lot of evidence that the Saints had a pool for performance on the field. There was some evidence, taken from the Saints' own computer system, that money was pledged for so-called bounties. And there was a lot of evidence of the coaches' hubris.

But from what was released earlier this week, there wasn't overwhelmingly damning evidence against the players.

Goodell's goal is to eradicate bounty systems. One of Goodell's biggest initiatives has been player safety. Eliminating bounties falls under that initiative.

Protect players. Protect the game.

Throwing a Super Bowl-winning coach out of the league for a year and levying significant punishments against prominent, respected, veteran players showed Goodell is serious. He made sure bounties would never happen again. He probably eliminated the longstanding tradition of pay-for-performance bonuses from player-funded pools.

Goodell made examples out of Vilma and Fujita in part because they were leaders of the defense that Goodell says put bounties out on Brett Favre, Kurt Warner, Aaron Rodgers and Matt Hasselbeck, among others.

When he announced the player punishments, Goodell said in a statement that he focused on players who fell into one or more of the following categories: players who were in leadership positions, who contributed a particularly large sum of money toward the program and/or specifically contributed to a bounty on an opposing player, who demonstrated a clear intent to participate in the program, who sought rewards for injuring opposing players, and/or who obstructed the 2010 investigation.

Vilma and Fujita were undoubtedly leaders of the defense. The evidence the NFL made public Monday included an anonymous, handwritten transcription that has Vilma pledging $10,000 in the quarterback pool for the 2010 NFC Championship Game against the Vikings, but nothing else in the evidence that was released concretely links Vilma to bounties. Nor was anything released linking Fujita directly to bounties.

The Hargrove case is interesting because the league has already twisted something he said. In a signed declaration Hargrove gave the league, he said that his coaches instructed him to deny the existence of a bounty program when interviewed by a league investigator. The league said that Hargrove, in the declaration, admitted there was a bounty program, but nowhere in the declaration does Hargrove admit that.

Another bit of so-called evidence against Hargrove is an NFL Films video of the Vikings game. On the sideline after a particularly vicious hit on Favre delivered by Bobby McCray and Remi Ayodele, the league says Hargrove said to McCray: "Bobby, give me my money."

The tape shows Hargrove say McCray's first name, but then Hargrove's face is obscured by a teammate. Hargrove insisted on Wednesday that he didn't say, "Give me my money" and accused the league of a "sophisticated mugging."

Hargrove admits he misled an NFL investigator early on but says he did so only because his coaches told him to. That's not the best defense, but an obscured tape and a twisted declaration aren't the best evidence, either.

I tend to believe the league has more. Maybe we will see it. Probably we will not. But to cripple a franchise and mess with players' careers, which are short anyway, Goodell has to have more than thin evidence that tangentially connects the players. Too much is at stake.

At some point Goodell, using the ultimate authority that the players granted him in the last collective bargaining agreement, will say, "Enough." He will demand people believe him, and if they don't, too bad.

That's the benefit of being judge, jury and executioner. The players are challenging that authority, and they had a couple of successes this week. They turned the conversation in their favor, forcing the league to counterattack. But ultimately they are fighting a battle they can't win because of the power they granted Goodell in the first place. Knowing what we know now, an argument can be made that Goodell should reduce the player penalties. But he won't, and he doesn't have to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #318 on: June 21, 2012, 06:24:12 PM »
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8077982/joe-vitt-new-orleans-saints-says-offered-take-bounty-lie-detector

Joe Vitt offers to take lie detector
Updated: June 21, 2012, 6:10 PM ET
By Adam Schefter

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8078174
Adam Schefter discusses his conversation with Joe Vitt about why he has offered to take a lie detector test.
(ESPN embedding not working here anymore, but there's a video above)

New Orleans Saints interim head coach Joe Vitt says he called NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Wednesday morning and offered to take a lie detector test to prove that the league's bounty allegations against him are false.

The NFL has alleged, with corroborating evidence, that Vitt offered a $5,000 bounty on former Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre during the 2010 NFC Championship Game.

"In recent information released by the National Football League to the NFLPA and later to the media, there is an allegation made against me that is completely untrue and I cannot let it go unchallenged," Vitt said in a statement Wednesday. "I did not pledge any money for any type of incentive program whatsoever pertaining to the 2010 NFC Championship Game.

"Furthermore, I have never at any time pledged any money for any type of incentive program or so-called bounty program. Today I had a conversation with Commissioner Goodell and I stated to him that I would sign a sworn affidavit to this effect or I would make myself available to take a lie detector test to rectify this matter."

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello declined to go into detail about what Vitt and Goodell discussed Wednesday, saying the commissioner considered the conversation private.

Vitt was suspended six games for not taking steps to stop or prevent the bounty program and not for contributing to any specific bounties. NFL officials have said that the presence of Vitt's name on a ledger concerning the 2010 NFC title game was not a factor in the coach's suspension because it was not corroborated by a second source.

On Monday, the same day the league heard the appeals of four players suspended for their role in the bounty investigation, the NFL released a horde of evidence gathered during their investigation of the Saints. Punished players and a select group of reporters received the information. The evidence included a sheet of paper that the league alleges showed a $35,000 prize, with $5,000 donated by Vitt specifically, for knocking Favre out of that 2010 championship.

In an interview with the New Orleans Times-Picayune on Wednesday, Vitt said the sheet of paper looks like it has been tampered with.

"There's gotta be some concerns from the league's standpoint and anybody's standpoint about the authenticity of any of these documents. I think that's a huge concern," Vitt told the newspaper. "It looks like that document has been falsified or tampered with. What kind of credibility do they have if they take documents like that and show it to players?"

The league responded Thursday, saying in an email, "The documents are unquestionably authentic."

Also on Monday, the league also showed a video clip in which former Saints defensive end Anthony Hargrove purportedly said "Give me the money" regarding injuring Favre. Hargrove, who was flagged and subsequently fined $5,000 for a flagrant hit on Favre in that game, insisted Tuesday it was someone else uttering those words, though he said he didn't know who.

The NFL Players' Association released a statement Monday showing the league's bounty documentation, which includes ledgers of payouts, power-point slides that include phrases such as "bounty $$$" and emails, but said the 16 slides "can hardly be characterized as hard evidence."

Hargrove has been suspended by the NFL for eight games but maintains his innocence, as do former Saints linebacker Scott Fujita (three games) and current Saints Will Smith (four games) and Jonathan Vilma (one year).

"It cannot be overemphasized enough that none of our players, particularly those facing suspension, ever crossed the white line with the intent to injure an opponent," Vitt said in Wednesday's statement. "I am proud of our players and stand behind them 100 percent and will do whatever I can to help them restore their good names.

"I maintain my pledge to the commissioner to be an agent of change in helping finding new ways and practices to help make our game a safer game and more constructive conversations with the league on this matter."

Former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, who ran the bounty program, has been suspended indefinitely by Goodell, while Saints head coach Sean Payton is gone until after the Super Bowl. Vitt, the interim replacement for Payton, will begin his suspension when the regular season starts. Saints general manager Mickey Loomis is suspended for eight games once the season begins.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #319 on: June 21, 2012, 06:26:02 PM »
Cholula fills a specific niche. It is top notch, but only for Mexican foods. You don't want to put it on your oysters or your fried chicken.

Against weskie's better wisdom, I'm not particularly fond of Tabasco.

I prefer Crystal, Louisiana, and Texas Pete, in that order.

Tabasco is ok once in a while for a change-of-pace from those mentioned above. Particularly with oysters.

However, unbeknownst to Wes, this actually proves his point further since Crystal is the only one of the above hot sauces actually produced in New Orleans.

Wow, we find some common ground!  I like Lousiana and Crystal.  Tobasco sux! 

I went to a Mexican place today that had about 8 different hot sauces on the table.  I added one of the Habenero one's to the salsa, and it was pretty damn good.  The Cholula, I can't even figure out what that's for...it reminds me of the crap in the packets at Taco Bell.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions