Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

"Who Dat" Bounty Games...

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: "Who Dat" Bounty Games...
« Reply #280 on: June 20, 2012, 02:35:22 PM »
Holy shit you love New Orleans. All we will agree on here is how great Tabasco sauce is. No sense it beating the dead horse's arse.

SaintsGrad03 - I'm still chortling
Again, sidestepping the question with a rehashed, stale insult.

Got it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #281 on: June 20, 2012, 02:41:46 PM »
Again, sidestepping the question with a rehashed, stale insult.

Got it.

I know when to quit when's there is no point. There's no sense in anymore back and forth in this thread. You aren't going to convince us and we're not going to convince you. Just one of those agree to disagree threads. And personally? The saints aren't even worth the typing I've done to this point. I don't like ANY professional team even half that much. In the end, the NFLPA, the coaches and the NFL Execs are all a bunch of the same egomaniacs with different stripes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #282 on: June 20, 2012, 02:55:38 PM »
I know when to quit when's there is no point. There's no sense in anymore back and forth in this thread. You aren't going to convince us and we're not going to convince you. Just one of those agree to disagree threads. And personally? The saints aren't even worth the typing I've done to this point. I don't like ANY professional team even half that much. In the end, the NFLPA, the coaches and the NFL Execs are all a bunch of the same egomaniacs with different stripes.

What do referees have to do with this?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #283 on: June 20, 2012, 03:01:10 PM »
I know when to quit when's there is no point. There's no sense in anymore back and forth in this thread. You aren't going to convince us and we're not going to convince you. Just one of those agree to disagree threads.
Especially when combined with flat out ignoring specific requests for you to elaborate on your vague condemnation, and your inability to refute anything that I've said, this is the biggest admission that you aren't even trying to educate yourself about the subject. You cast your die when the NFL told you what to believe and literally nothing can be said to change your mind. Goodell hath spoken, and he is beyond reproach.

But I'm stubborn.

In other words, "I cain't prove nuthin, but gal-darnit I KNOW Aubrin's guilty! Listen at that Cheez-Nit sayin whatnot about sleepin easy when his head hits the pillow...Makes me sick! Of course em barners gonna defend it. Where there's smoke there's obviously farr, Pawwwwl. We all knowd it from the begginin."

And by the way, this was the initial reports that the media ran amock with:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7638603/new-orleans-saints-defense-had-bounty-program-nfl-says
New Orleans Saints players and at least one assistant coach maintained a bounty pool of up to $50,000 the last three seasons to reward game-ending injuries inflicted on opposing players, including Brett Favre and Kurt Warner, the NFL said Friday. “Knockouts” were worth $1,500 and “cart-offs” $1,000, with payments doubled or tripled for the playoffs.

In retrospect, knowing the facts, doesn't this seem to be a gross misrepresentation of what took place, at best? Intentionally offering little information and being vague about what "knockouts" and "cart-offs" really mean and letting the media run wild with it for nearly two months before moving on with the case? Implying heavily that this was an ongoing and consistent "pay-for-injury" pool from 2009 through 2012?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #284 on: June 20, 2012, 03:12:25 PM »
Especially when combined with flat out ignoring specific requests for you to elaborate on your vague condemnation, and your inability to refute anything that I've said, this is the biggest admission that you aren't even trying to educate yourself about the subject. You cast your die when the NFL told you what to believe and literally nothing can be said to change your mind. Goodell hath spoken, and he is beyond reproach.

But I'm stubborn.

In other words, "I cain't prove nuthin, but gal-darnit I KNOW Aubrin's guilty! Listen at that Cheez-Nit sayin whatnot about sleepin easy when his head hits the pillow...Makes me sick! Of course em barners gonna defend it. Where there's smoke there's obviously farr, Pawwwwl. We all knowd it from the begginin."

And by the way, this was the initial reports that the media ran amock with:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7638603/new-orleans-saints-defense-had-bounty-program-nfl-says
In retrospect, knowing the facts, doesn't this seem to be a gross misrepresentation of what took place, at best? Intentionally offering little information and being vague about what "knockouts" and "cart-offs" really mean and letting the media run wild with it for nearly two months before moving on with the case? Implying heavily that this was an ongoing and consistent "pay-for-injury" pool from 2009 through 2012?

I don't think it's as bad as ESPN reported. I do think they sensationalize everything. Agree with you there. But I don't think they are innocent either. It's as simple as that. As everything stands right now from everything I've seen and heard, that's my stance. Could it change? Sure. I think a lot of the punishment is punitive and the Saints are paying for a lot of other teams' past sins. I think that's a fair assessment.

But most importantly, I just don't care that much about the NFL which is why I am being a little more nonchalant about it. I am interested in it, just not to the degree I would be if it were about Auburn. I like Dallas, but if they sat Jason Garrett down for a year and told our best defensive player to take a hike, I wouldn't lose one night's sleep.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #285 on: June 20, 2012, 04:05:51 PM »
And where in the report did the term "cart-off hits" come from? Purely the NFL's words. Not from any alleged "note", slide, or recorded "admission".

Exhibits 1-5.  Skim through them.  If you don't see the phrase "cart-off" on the notes that the Saints submitted to the NFL, along with monetary figures beside the phrase, then you haven't read the evidence presented.

So that was Sharper, not Harper who made the tackle. It was in the 2nd quarter, not the 3rd. And he returned to the game shortly after and finished the game. There was no play in which he was taken out of the game after a Harper tackle.

Again, how does this disprove the existence of a bounty program?  I understand that the NFL may have misquoted certain minute details, but the incorrect identification of a specific player doesn't mean that their whole case is thrown out the window.

So if according to that infallible "evidence", Harper got paid in that game for a "cart-off" on Brandon Jacobs, and yet Harper did not tackle anyone, let alone Jacobs, that removed them from the game. How can that be considered legitimate?

Yet again, you're focusing on the wrong facts.  Just because Harper did not get paid does not mean that a bounty system wasn't in place.

I ask yet again:  If I offer money to someone to do something, yet they don't do it, does that mean I never made the offer?

The charge is that a bounty system was in place.  Just because one particular player didn't get paid in one particular game for one particular hit doesn't mean that the team was not giving them an incentive to do so.  Even if you find ten different instances in which the NFL got it wrong regarding who was or was not paid for hitting specific players, there is still solid evidence that cash rewards were being offered for specific events, such as cart-off hits.  That is a bounty system.

Keep in mind that prior to the NFL's reports and media firestorm, the term "Bounty" had no connotations with a football pool. Its only meaning was its literal meaning of the reward money on a Wanted poster.

Umm, what?

Clearly you've never heard of the "Bounty Bowl."  Look it up.  Eagles and Cowboys, 1989.  The use of the term "bounty" in reference to offering cash rewards for injuring another player has been present in the NFL long before the current scandal with the Saints.  They did not make up this term just to slander your beloved team and fabricate evidence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #286 on: June 20, 2012, 04:12:15 PM »
Umm, what?

Clearly you've never heard of the "Bounty Bowl."  Look it up.  Eagles and Cowboys, 1989.  The use of the term "bounty" in reference to offering cash rewards for injuring another player has been present in the NFL long before the current scandal with the Saints.  They did not make up this term just to slander your beloved team and fabricate evidence.

Buddy Ryan loved some bounties.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #287 on: June 20, 2012, 04:37:34 PM »
What's all this fuss about paper towels?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #288 on: June 20, 2012, 04:53:53 PM »
I have never rushed through more pages of unread post in my entire life than just now.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 04:57:32 PM by djsimp »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #289 on: June 20, 2012, 04:57:21 PM »
I have never rushed through numerous pages of unread post in my entire life than just now.

Oh, we do that with your posts all the time.

+4 to Shug
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #290 on: June 20, 2012, 04:58:46 PM »
Oh, we do that with your posts all the time.

+4 to Shug

I deserved that with as many shots I've taken at Snaggle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #291 on: June 21, 2012, 05:05:51 AM »
Lemme say something real quick...Fuck Tabasco, Cholula is a lot better.

Continue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #292 on: June 21, 2012, 06:39:08 AM »

Continue.

Let me say something else....Fuck both of them.

We have one made locally here and it's beats both their asses.  Remind me and I'll bring some to the golf outing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #293 on: June 21, 2012, 09:14:42 AM »

Continue.

Cholula is for pussies that have only .98 in their pocket when it comes time to buy hot sauce. The shit isn't even HOT.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #294 on: June 21, 2012, 09:52:07 AM »
Cholula fills a specific niche. It is top notch, but only for Mexican foods. You don't want to put it on your oysters or your fried chicken.

Against weskie's better wisdom, I'm not particularly fond of Tabasco.

I prefer Crystal, Louisiana, and Texas Pete, in that order.

Tabasco is ok once in a while for a change-of-pace from those mentioned above. Particularly with oysters.

However, unbeknownst to Wes, this actually proves his point further since Crystal is the only one of the above hot sauces actually produced in New Orleans.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #295 on: June 21, 2012, 10:13:46 AM »
Frank's
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #296 on: June 21, 2012, 10:14:07 AM »
Let me say something else....Fuck both of them.

We have one made locally here and it's beats both their asses.  Remind me and I'll bring some to the golf outing.
Please to be sharing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #297 on: June 21, 2012, 10:16:57 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #298 on: June 21, 2012, 10:30:17 AM »
Cholula fills a specific niche. It is top notch, but only for Mexican foods. You don't want to put it on your oysters or your fried chicken.

Against weskie's better wisdom, I'm not particularly fond of Tabasco.

I prefer Crystal, Louisiana, and Texas Pete, in that order.

Tabasco is ok once in a while for a change-of-pace from those mentioned above. Particularly with oysters.

However, unbeknownst to Wes, this actually proves his point further since Crystal is the only one of the above hot sauces actually produced in New Orleans.

I like TP on SW/TexMex but as you said - on certain things Tabasco is a great change of pace. All things being equal its the hottest while still keeping a good taste. Also dig Crystal. Love it on teh Fried Chikinz. Cool thing I like about Tabasco is that their peppers are actually grown on Avery Island and have always been since the 1800's. I'm sure with how big they are as a company, they've had to expand their pepper growing to other areas.

TP also makes a "Hotter Hot" version that is scorching hot. Great in chili. I have every brand you listed as well in my pantry as well as a few others.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 10:31:57 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #299 on: June 21, 2012, 11:03:20 AM »
Crystal's is the best shit around. It's not all that hot, but has a great flavor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions