Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

"Who Dat" Bounty Games...

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: "Who Dat" Bounty Games...
« Reply #200 on: May 09, 2012, 04:14:15 PM »
Sorry but 44+54+66 < 34 and it isn't  even close.  Not by a mile. 

Does 1 = 34 yet???
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #201 on: May 09, 2012, 04:55:12 PM »
Does 1 = 34 yet???

Imo no, not for me. As great as Cam was in an Auburn jersey, Bo was the main reason I took to Auburn as a young lad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #202 on: May 09, 2012, 05:53:50 PM »
Does 1 = 34 yet???

2 doesn't quite, but it does move me in a different way. 

I was scared of Bo and was and am in complete awe of him.  He was a man, built of the greatest man things on the planet.  He was platinum and titanium all in one surly ball.  And he loved Auburn (thanks Coach Dye) in a way I'm not sure any of us ever have or will as much as we love.  He has a greater capacity for it.  I ran into him at the hotel in Auburn at graduation a couple of years ago and despite my best grown-ass-man effort could not squeak out a single word.  I just stared at him like some kind of fool. 

Cam?  He's adorable.  I wouldn't be intimidated and would have no qualms about tackling him in the lobby.  He'd easily dodge me, but I would at least try.  Only time will tell what his commitment to Auburn really is. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #203 on: May 10, 2012, 10:04:47 AM »
Watched a long segment last night with Chris Carter, Jerry Rice and I believe Tim Hasselback..beck..maybe it wasn't him.  They also let Bill Romanowski respond to Carter's claims that he said he was going to end his career just before a game.  A few observations.

If the biggest issue for New Orleans concerning the penalties handed down was lying, then I get it.  If they singled them out to make an example, then Goodell needs to go back and rethink this whole thing.  These are some of the biggest stars in the game saying "Bounties", however you want to define them, have always been a part of the game and will always be a part of it. 

Romanowski is/was a mean son of a bitch.  Despite the fact that he's about brain dead from taking and giving way too many blows to the head, he made some good points.  He made no bones about admitting to telling Carter and others, "I'm taking you out today".  He said it didn't mean he was going to try and injure you...despite the fact that he has a long history of doing just that...dirty ass player...it meant he was going to try and hit you as hard as humanly possible.  He played that way on every play. 

They all made a big distinction between "hurt" and "injured".  There's a big difference in trying to take somebody's knee out and trying to make the huge hit and ring their bell.  Carter and Rice both said they'd go into the huddle and tell them whoever was looking to take them out and the linemen or the other receivers, in Rice's case, John Taylor, would make sure they handled that player.  Both said they absolutely would pay their linemen money or dinners....whatever.

Carter made an excellent point with regards to Vilma.  He said Goodell has made it crystal clear that they hold coaches and management to a far higher standard than players.  His thinking is that Vilma's year off is much more of a penalty than a coach getting suspended a year because a player only has so many years he can actually play football while Payton will come back and can coach as long as he's able.

Just some interesting back and forth that put at least some of it it in a different light for me. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #204 on: May 10, 2012, 11:35:23 AM »

Romanowski is/was a mean son of a bitch.  Despite the fact that he's about brain dead from taking and giving way too many blows to the head and lots and lots of roids, he made some good points.

They all made a big distinction between "hurt" and "injured".  There's a big difference in trying to take somebody's knee out and trying to make the huge hit and ring their bell. 

I think the biggest thing that needs to be changed in the culture of the locker room is the last statement.  Player's need to understand that going after somebody's head is just as much trying to injure someone as taking out there knee.  Probably worse, a knee injury might take you out of football but apparently enough head injuries will take away your will to live.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #205 on: May 10, 2012, 12:05:49 PM »
I think the biggest thing that needs to be changed in the culture of the locker room is the last statement.  Player's need to understand that going after somebody's head is just as much trying to injure someone as taking out there knee.  Probably worse, a knee injury might take you out of football but apparently enough head injuries will take away your will to live.

Good point and I really believe that both the NFL and college football are making huge strides in the area of minimizing head shots.  There's a part of me and many other fans that have been complaining about how the rule changes and the way referees have been calling blows to the head, have somehow pussified the game we've all grown up watching and loving.  But with all the evidence coming out in recent years about the long term effects of concussions...and after watching Romanowski slur through his talk last night, I'm starting to come around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #206 on: May 10, 2012, 12:35:41 PM »
Does 1 = 34 yet???

Wouldn't it be 2?  Or are we using his NFL number? 

IMHO, physically, yes.  As an Auburn man, and counting all their contributions to Auburn, not just Auburn football?  No, at least not yet.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #207 on: May 11, 2012, 02:24:49 PM »
Trumped:

Was a Raiders fan in the 80s.  Right before and right after Bo.   Still got a little nostalgia for the hard asses who played the game back then.  Stork, Sticky, Howie, Tuze, Lyle, etc.   Also liked the Steelers of that era. 

Doesn't change the fact that the Saints are the Bammers of the NFL and the entire franchise needs to float out in the gulf and drown.
I listen to the Adam Carolla podcast regularly.

They rarely take outside callers, but a guy called in today that reminded me of this thread.

The guy was a cop from Alabama who called to tell Adam he was right about how 90% of cops are dicks looking for any reason to get into a fight, or write tickets like crazy just because they can, etc.

Caller: "I used to work at the Sheriff's office, if you remember, the news story several months ago where they set up the child support sting with the football tickets."

Adam: "Oh yes, I always loved those. It works best with Raiders fans, but whatever."

Caller: "Well, Alabama fans, Raiders fans. About the same."

Adam: "Mmmm hmmm."

Had to be an Auburn guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #208 on: May 18, 2012, 09:30:52 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #209 on: May 18, 2012, 09:34:37 AM »
Vilma is suing Roger Goodell. 

http://www.webwiseforradio.com/site_files/244/File/Vilma%20-%20Complaint%20-%20Filed.pdf
Was going to post about this, but figured I'd save my breath.

But we all know that he would file a lawsuit like this knowing full well that he's guilty, and that if there was any evidence of it, it will be brought out into the public, further damaging his career and reputation.

Will be interesting to see if they can't produce enough evidence to not get sued for defamation of character how that factors into the other players' suspensions, and for that matter, Payton's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #210 on: May 18, 2012, 09:59:06 AM »

But we all know that he would file a lawsuit like this knowing full well that he's guilty, and that if there was any evidence of it, it will be brought out into the public, further damaging his career and reputation.

Will be interesting to see if they can't produce enough evidence to not get sued for defamation of character how that factors into the other players' suspensions, and for that matter, Payton's.
ugh :facepalm:

Here Chadskins, does this make you feel better?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #211 on: May 18, 2012, 11:56:12 AM »
ugh :facepalm:

Here Chadskins, does this make you feel better?

Yes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #212 on: May 18, 2012, 01:28:43 PM »

He will lose and the Bamaleans Saints will be shut down. 

Looking forward to it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #213 on: May 18, 2012, 02:00:10 PM »
Yes.
Well great Chad thanks a lot...Goodell just contacted me I have been suspended from this website.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #214 on: June 18, 2012, 12:58:54 PM »
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8065820/appeal-new-orleans-saints-bounty-suspensions-claim-email-was-joke-sources-say

Appeal fodder likely to include text
Updated: June 18, 2012, 11:40 AM ET
By Adam Schefter | ESPN

Saints Appeals Heard Today
Bill Polian discusses the chances the Saints players will have their suspenions overturned.Tags: Saints Appeals, Bill Polian, Roger Goodell, SportsCenter

The NFL's evidence against the suspended New Orleans Saints coaches, players and former players included emails that Sean Payton's close friend and confidant, Mike Ornstein, sent from prison, offering up bounties for hits.

According to two sources, Sean Payton's friend Mike Ornstein gave the NFL and the NFLPA a text he said came from Gregg Williams.

Yet according to multiple sources familiar with the situation, Ornstein insisted his emails were jokes, and he unsuccessfully attempted to convince NFL commissioner Roger Goodell of this during their conversations.

Ornstein received support from former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, who now is suspended indefinitely.

According to two sources who have seen it, Ornstein gave the NFL and the NFL Players Association a text that he said came from Williams, saying, "I stood up for you & told them just that. I told them we never took that (stuff) serious. I never ever saw you ever give $ and that's just the truth."

The text is expected to be used as evidence Monday, when the suspended players appeal their case to Goodell at the league's offices in New York.

Williams could not be reached to confirm that he sent the text, but the NFL, NFLPA and lawyers each have gotten a copy of it, and two people who saw it said he did.

Meanwhile, three of the players disciplined by the league released a statement announcing they were attending Monday's hearing, while defending themselves against "alleged activities that the National Football League has grossly misrepresented to the public."

"We are in attendance today not because we recognize the Commissioner's jurisdiction to adjudicate regarding these specious allegations, but because we believe the League would attempt to publicly mischaracterize our refusal to attend," Cleveland Browns linebacker Scott Fujita, Green Bay Packers defensive end Anthony Hargrove and Saints defensive end Will Smith said in the statement. "We will not address the substance of the NFL's case because this is not the proper venue for adjudication, and there has been no semblance of due process afforded to us.

"As veteran players of 11, 9 and 9 years in this League, we are profoundly disappointed with the NFL's conduct in this matter. We know what the NFL has publicly said we did, and the Commissioner has chosen to try to punish us and disparage our characters based on semantics, not facts. Words are cheap and power is fleeting.

"Shame on the National Football League and Commissioner Goodell for being more concerned about 'convicting' us publicly than being honorable and fair to men who have dedicated their professional lives to playing this game with honor."

Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma, who is suspended for the 2012 season, also was at the NFL's headquarters for the hearing, but left shortly after 11 a.m. ET. Fujita is suspended for three games, Hargrove is banned for eight games and Smith for four.

Vilma's lawyer, Peter Ginsberg, called Monday's hearing a "sham." Ginsberg said the NFL requested an adjournment to Monday afternoon, but he and Vilma refused. Ginsberg said Goodell failed to present the evidence on which he based his decision to impose the player's suspension.

Vilma said he doesn't know how he can get a fair hearing when Goodell is "judge, jury and executioner."

All four players were on the Saints roster when Williams, by his own admission, ran a pay-for-pain operation that handed out cash bonuses for big hits on targeted opponents.

Lawyers for the players and the NFL Players Association also attended Monday's hearing. The union recently lost two grievances challenging Goodell's authority to hand out discipline for the bounty system.

The NFL turned over evidence to the four players and the union on Friday, as required by the collective bargaining agreement. That information included some 200 pages of documents, with emails, PowerPoint presentations, even handwritten notes, plus one video recording. But a ledger that reportedly documents payments of $1,000 for plays called "cart-offs" and $400 for "whacks," as well as $100 fines for mental errors, was not in the material.

The NFL's investigation of the Saints found Williams ran a system for three years under which bounties were set on targeted opponents, including Brett Favre and Kurt Warner. The program was in effect from 2009, when New Orleans won the Super Bowl, until last season.

Previously, Goodell suspended Saints coach Sean Payton for the season and assistant coach Joe Vitt for six games. Saints general manager Mickey Loomis got eight games, and Williams was suspended indefinitely. The Saints were also fined $500,000 and forfeited two second-round draft picks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #215 on: June 18, 2012, 12:59:52 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #216 on: June 18, 2012, 01:05:37 PM »
Sports Illustrated's Peter King who has been vocal in slandering the Saints:
Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing
I say: Time to see the evidence.

https://twitter.com/A95Hargrove/status/214741731973922816
James Varney ‏@jvarneyTP
NFL says players requested adjournment for more time to review Friday's evidence. Set for 1:45 pm EST
Anthony Hargrove ‏@A95Hargrove
@jvarneyTP not true

NFL Insider at CBSSports.com reviewed the exhibits given from the NFL to the Player Union.
mike freeman ‏@realfreemancbs
There is no smoking gun that I can see. But there are still interesting terms...
mike freeman ‏@realfreemancbs
To me, from what I've read with my own two eyes, this isn't proof. That doesn't mean the NFL doesn't have it, it just means this isn't it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #217 on: June 18, 2012, 03:58:48 PM »
Here is the 200 page "evidence".

https://www.nflplayers.com/Articles/Public-News/NFLPA-Makes-Exhibits-Available-for-Review/

The media is scratching their heads trying to figure out WTF in here is such devastating evidence the NFL claimed to have that warranted these severe punishments.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #219 on: June 18, 2012, 07:07:31 PM »
Here is the 200 page "evidence".

https://www.nflplayers.com/Articles/Public-News/NFLPA-Makes-Exhibits-Available-for-Review/

The media is scratching their heads trying to figure out WTF in here is such devastating evidence the NFL claimed to have that warranted these severe punishments.

GUILTY!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions