Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

"Who Dat" Bounty Games...

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: "Who Dat" Bounty Games...
« Reply #180 on: May 03, 2012, 10:01:23 AM »
Excellent point. Never really thought about it that way. Also, since they are saying Seau shot himself in the chest, he may have also had some concussion syndrome thing going on. Many NFL players have done this so that their brains can be studied post mortem. A high profile player like Seau killing himself would bring even more scrutiny to the issue (if his death can be tied to concussions post career) even further bolstering Goodell's case.

Or maybe they can't handle just being a regular smo like the rest of them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #181 on: May 03, 2012, 10:34:11 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #182 on: May 09, 2012, 10:03:07 AM »
The evil Saints invented bounties, you guyz!

Full audio here

Matta fact, if I see any of them dudes that's tryin to cheap-shot me at ESPN, I'll put a bounty on them right now!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7907610/cris-carter-formerly-minnesota-vikings-admits-authorizing-bounties

Cris Carter admits to bounties
Updated: May 9, 2012, 9:22 AM ET
ESPN.com news services

Cris Carter Admits To Bounties

Former Minnesota Vikings All-Pro receiver Cris Carter says he put "bounties" on opposing players as a form of protection during his 16-year NFL career.

Carter, currently an ESPN NFL analyst, said Tuesday night on "Hill and Schlereth" on ESPN Radio that he would offer money to teammates to take out players he thought were trying to take him out.

Former NFL WR Cris Carter tells Mike Hill and Mark Schlereth that he put bounties on players like Bill Romanowski to protect himself and Randy Moss among others.

"I'm guilty of (bounties) -- I mean, first time I've ever admitted it -- but I put a bounty on guys before," Carter told the show. "I put bounties on guys. If a guy tries to take me out, a guy takes a cheap shot on me? I put a bounty on him right now!"

When asked whether the bounties were financial, Carter said: "Absolutely."

Carter, a Pro Football Hall of Fame finalist for the past five years, said it was a matter of protecting himself from players at a different position, such as linebacker.

"I'd tell one of them guards, 'Hey man, this dude is after me, man,'" Carter said.

The 46-year-old told of former Pro Bowl linebacker Bill Romanowski, then with the Denver Broncos, threatening to hurt him in pregame warm-ups.

"Bill Romanowski -- he told me he was going to take me out before the game, warm-ups. No problem. (He said,) 'I'm gonna end your career, Carter.' No problem. "I put a little change on his head before the game. Protect myself. Protect my family. That's the league that I grew up in," Carter said.

When asked whether he was the only one doing that, Carter responded: "Hell, no!

"Listen, on the football field, you only got certain protection, and your teammates are part of that protection. It's built in, and if I'm playing a certain position where I can't protect myself -- how can the quarterback protect himself? But for his teammates to stand up and do something," Carter said. "There are certain positions you can't protect yourself.

"The center? How can he protect himself? He's snapping the ball every time. Like if someone is taking a cheap shot on him? No problem. We've got a way to work that out."

Carter's comments came one day after New Orleans Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma and three others appealed league-mandated suspensions for their alleged roles in that team's three-year bounty program.

An NFL investigation determined the Saints ran a bounty system from 2009 to 2011 that offered thousands of dollars to players for big hits that knocked opponents out of games. In March, Goodell suspended Saints head coach Sean Payton for all of next season without pay, suspended former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams indefinitely and levied other penalties against the club.

But Carter told "Hill and Schlereth" that during his playing days, bounties weren't meant to purposefully injure other players.

"But you have to realize the league we grew up in, the bounty was based on protection, or a big hit, excitement or for helping your team win. It wasn't to maim or hurt the dude," said Carter, who retired from the NFL following the 2002 season. "When a guy said he was going to hurt me, my recourse was to put a bounty on him to make sure."

Expanding on his statements on Mike & Mike:
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7908398

Q: Do you feel a lot of this, CC, is the word bounty that's throwing a lot of different thoughts into it, just that word alone?

A: I think that maybe the American public is a little shocked. I think the initial shock is because some of the Intel that we know as just being regular information in the NFL is just getting out on the street. Normal people are a little stunned by this, but people that know more about the NFL, they kind of understand it. For me, I don't regret it. It's a part of the game. I have a clear conscience with God, I have a clear conscience with my family, and my teammates and the organization that paid me money, I feel like I did everything for us to win. These are parts of the game. If people want to talk about football, it's not gonna be all nice. It's not gonna be all pretty. If you want some insight into the NFL and what's really going on? Cause this is the real NFL. This is not the NFL that you see on Sundays on your 40 inch plasma. This is understanding of what's going on between the lines, between those hashmarks. And this is the truth.

Q: Do you know of other players, on offense, that would do something like you did?

A: I don't know. I mean, players are so reluctant to really tell the truth, and they always say that someone got their words out of context, but I'm sure if we as analysts, as we have athletes and former athletes: Ask them! I mean, I don't think that I'm the only person in the NFL in the last 20 years that was in these types of situations. All the star players have protection built in...Jonathon Vilma and those other players, they came into a culture, where this was ok. And that needs to be addressed.

Q: But just to make it clear, CC, cause what you're talking about and what our understanding of, let's just use the Vilma example, are two different things. Here's $10,000 for the first guy to take Brett Favre out of this game. That's not the same thing you're talking about. So, do you think that what you're hearing about the Saints, is that sort of thing common in NFL locker rooms? ($$$ESPN payroll bonus$$$)

A: This is the thing. The Saints took a model, that most teams have, and took a little extra on it. And I think that happened when they got to the playoffs. When they went to the playoffs, they decided that now was going to be pinpoint. "Ok guys, this is the bounty now. I got 10 grand if the quarterback don't come off the field." I believe during the regular season, it may have been more of a regular player performance type thing. But, as guys start making more money, things become accentuated, so to hear that $10,000 was thrown around, to me, after playing in the 80's, 90's and 2000's? I wasn't shocked at all.

I expect ESPN will be assigning him to reeducation camp promptly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #183 on: May 09, 2012, 10:06:36 AM »
Anthony Hargrove, 8 games; Will Smith, 4; and Scott Fujita, 3.

It wouldn't be Goodell if it wasn't excessive.

At this point, nothing surprises me.

Get jiggy with it
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #184 on: May 09, 2012, 10:09:52 AM »
The evil Saints invented bounties, you guyz!

I think you should poison Roger Goodell's trees.  That'll show him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #185 on: May 09, 2012, 10:11:42 AM »
Mark Schlereth in that audio interview:
Here's what my biggest thing about the Saints: Do I believe that guys in this league, at least in my experience, don't go out and maliciously try to end somebody's career. Even if a coach like Gregg Williams, or, like you said, Buddy Ryan, is talking nonsense, you're like "That's bravado, everybody's fired up, yeah", and then you go out and play this game the same way you would anyhow. You hit guys as hard as you can, cause that's the game, that's what you try to do. But I was never around players in my 12 years of playing this game that I thought were malicious in their intent to try to injure guys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #186 on: May 09, 2012, 10:14:03 AM »
I think you should poison Roger Goodell's trees.  That'll show him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #187 on: May 09, 2012, 11:29:44 AM »
Reason why I could give a shit if this franchise sinks into the ocean?  It's stupid and arrogant (just like Bammers) and it did this:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/05/new_orleans_saints_season_sink.html

The Saints also had no picks in the first two rounds of last month's draft, after trading away their first-rounder for the right to pick Mark Ingram last year and having their second-rounder stripped by the NFL as part of the bounty punishment.

Idiots. The Saints DESERVE to die a slow and agonizing death.  Forever. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #188 on: May 09, 2012, 11:49:16 AM »
Reason why I could give a shit if this franchise sinks into the ocean?  It's stupid and arrogant (just like Bammers) and it did this:

Idiots. The Saints DESERVE to die a slow and agonizing death.  Forever.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #189 on: May 09, 2012, 11:51:15 AM »

Hey now, the Snake may be a drunk Bammer, but he was a good QB in the NFL.

I can't say that about The Ewok yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #190 on: May 09, 2012, 02:27:01 PM »
desperate nonsense

Trumped:

Was a Raiders fan in the 80s.  Right before and right after Bo.   Still got a little nostalgia for the hard asses who played the game back then.  Stork, Sticky, Howie, Tuze, Lyle, etc.   Also liked the Steelers of that era. 

Doesn't change the fact that the Saints are the Bammers of the NFL and the entire franchise needs to float out in the gulf and drown. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #191 on: May 09, 2012, 02:32:42 PM »
Trumped:

Was a Raiders fan in the 80s.  Right before and right after Bo.   Still got a little nostalgia for the hard asses who played the game back then.  Stork, Sticky, Howie, Tuze, Lyle, etc.   Also liked the Steelers of that era. 

Doesn't change the fact that the Saints are the Bammers of the NFL and the entire franchise needs to float out in the gulf and drown.

I hear Dave Ramsay is doing a seminar in New Orleans this week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #192 on: May 09, 2012, 02:34:07 PM »
I hear Dave Ramsay is doing a seminar in New Orleans this week.

Will it be a tomato based seminar?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #193 on: May 09, 2012, 02:40:10 PM »
Will it be a tomato based seminar?

The Saints, Dave Ramsey, and Tomato based foods - whatever will Kaos do?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #194 on: May 09, 2012, 02:45:26 PM »
The Saints, Dave Ramsey, and Tomato based foods - whatever will Kaos do?

I hear Dave Mathews is gonna play a warm up set.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #195 on: May 09, 2012, 02:50:21 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #196 on: May 09, 2012, 03:03:56 PM »

So, are you two just gonna pull em out and post the pics already?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #197 on: May 09, 2012, 03:05:20 PM »

I hear Dave Mathews is gonna play a warm up set.

Just "Dave"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #198 on: May 09, 2012, 03:24:09 PM »
Just "Dave"

I think there is also gonna be a Kirby salesman on site.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #199 on: May 09, 2012, 03:48:47 PM »

Sorry but 44+54+66 < 34 and it isn't  even close.  Not by a mile. 

STILL trumped. 

You can go back and pull out photos of Wayne Gandy and Willie Whitehead, too. 

STILL trumped. 

You can dig all the way to Frank Warren (who I liked).

STILL trumped. 

The franchise sucks and I hate it.  They are the bammers of the NFL and this entire thread proves it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions