Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

"Who Dat" Bounty Games...

Re: "Who Dat" Bounty Games...
« Reply #160 on: April 26, 2012, 01:52:03 PM »
Who the fuck really cares about the NFL or any paid sports anyways.  They are all waaaaaaaay overpaid, to play a fucking game.

I'd hope that the people that pay exorbitant amounts of money to see/watch/support their sport care. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #161 on: April 26, 2012, 01:54:54 PM »
Who the fuck really cares about the NFL or any paid sports anyways.  They are all waaaaaaaay overpaid, to play a fucking game.

Operations people think I am WAAAAAY over paid to sell our company's shit. My company doesn't think so because I am making the company a ton of money. If the money didn't justify paying players, owners wouldn't pay them. If the players weren't making the money, the owners would be. There is a TON of money being made and I don't see people buying tickets to go watch the owners or the GM's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #162 on: April 26, 2012, 02:02:40 PM »

However, they get paid because the money is there to pay them with.  It's going to go in someone's pocket.  It can go to the owners or players or distributed evenly among them.  But the bottom line is, it's entertainment and hundreds of skwazillions of $$$ floating around out there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #163 on: April 26, 2012, 02:03:45 PM »
Don't get me wrong I watch the NFL, and other paid sports but if this had happened to the Dolphins I wouldn't really care all that much.  I just don't understand the total vesting in pro-sports.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #164 on: April 26, 2012, 02:05:26 PM »
Don't get me wrong I watch the NFL, and other paid sports but if this had happened to the Dolphins I wouldn't really care all that much.  I just don't understand the total vesting in pro-sports.

Do you think non-alumni should care less about college teams than alumni? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #165 on: April 26, 2012, 02:06:54 PM »
and I  am also not saying these athletes should be making minimum wage.  They work hard at what they do.  I just think the salaries have gotten ridiculous.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2012, 02:09:44 PM »
Do you think non-alumni should care less about college teams than alumni?

Not my point.  I said I didn't understand the vesting in PRO-sports.  Not that it doesn't happen or I don't agree with it.  One of my best friends is about as passionate for the Dolphins as I am for Auburn.  I am just not that way, these guys are getting paid to do a job.  I just don't find myself caring that much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #167 on: April 26, 2012, 02:13:48 PM »
and I  am also not saying these athletes should be making minimum wage.  They work hard at what they do.  I just think the salaries have gotten ridiculous.

Revenue and prices to attend these games have gotten ridiculous. Until the public stops showing up, the money will be there to pay the players. As snaggle said...someone has to get the money...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #168 on: April 26, 2012, 02:15:33 PM »
Revenue and prices to attend these games have gotten ridiculous. Until the public stops showing up, the money will be there to pay the players. As snaggle said...someone has to get the money...

I think that is some of my disdain.  Presently I couldn't afford to attend a Dolphins game with my family, it is way too expensive.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #169 on: April 26, 2012, 02:28:59 PM »
I think that is some of my disdain.  Presently I couldn't afford to attend a Dolphins game with my family, it is way too expensive.

Take advantage of the low rates and finance the tickets.  Your first payment won't be due for 90 days.  You do have to give them your first born as collateral but hey...you probably needed a break anyway, right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #170 on: April 26, 2012, 02:42:17 PM »
Take advantage of the low rates and finance the tickets.  Your first payment won't be due for 90 days.  You do have to give them your first born as collateral but hey...you probably needed a break anyway, right?

I mean I'm rich, but lord knows I'm not Snaggle Rich.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #171 on: April 26, 2012, 03:05:17 PM »
I mean I'm rich, but lord knows I'm not Snaggle Rich.

I am rich in ways that money can't buy.  I'm blessed with stunning good looks, a hot wife, great kids and a huge cock. 

Okay fine...I have a small penis but I do have enough money to buy the other things.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #172 on: April 26, 2012, 03:15:54 PM »
I am rich in ways that money can't buy.  I'm blessed with stunning good looks, a hot wife, great kids and a huge cock. 

Okay fine...I have a small penis but I do have enough money to buy the other things.
You buy children?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #173 on: April 26, 2012, 03:18:55 PM »
You buy children?

Only hot, young ones.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #174 on: April 26, 2012, 06:17:12 PM »
Not my point.  I said I didn't understand the vesting in PRO-sports.  Not that it doesn't happen or I don't agree with it.  One of my best friends is about as passionate for the Dolphins as I am for Auburn.  I am just not that way, these guys are getting paid to do a job.  I just don't find myself caring that much.
I feel the same way. I'm painting with a pretty broad brush here, but there's no heart for the game in the pros. It's all about the paycheck and most of the big name players could not care less as to whether their team wins or loses a game as long as they gets their stats.

The last pro football game I attended was the 1998 Falcons-Dolphins game in Atlanta. I just have no desire to go anymore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #175 on: May 02, 2012, 02:35:20 PM »
Vilma suspended for the season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #176 on: May 02, 2012, 02:37:58 PM »
Vilma suspended for the season.
Anthony Hargrove, 8 games; Will Smith, 4; and Scott Fujita, 3.

It wouldn't be Goodell if it wasn't excessive.

At this point, nothing surprises me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #177 on: May 02, 2012, 02:46:43 PM »

You don't remember the NFL pre-Goodell do you? Out. Of. Control. He is doing exactly what he was hired to do. I agree this is very punitive, but it happens all day every day in this country to convey a message.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #178 on: May 03, 2012, 01:53:25 AM »

The funny thing is, how does the PA try to appeal this? They are going to appeal a sentence of players trying to intentionally hurt other players, while trying to play the other side of the fence about looking out for players safety and not allowing a 18 game season or 2 a days...

This should be interesting...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #179 on: May 03, 2012, 09:21:09 AM »
The funny thing is, how does the PA try to appeal this? They are going to appeal a sentence of players trying to intentionally hurt other players, while trying to play the other side of the fence about looking out for players safety and not allowing a 18 game season or 2 a days...

This should be interesting...

Excellent point. Never really thought about it that way. Also, since they are saying Seau shot himself in the chest, he may have also had some concussion syndrome thing going on. Many NFL players have done this so that their brains can be studied post mortem. A high profile player like Seau killing himself would bring even more scrutiny to the issue (if his death can be tied to concussions post career) even further bolstering Goodell's case.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE