Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I swear to God

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
I swear to God
« on: October 13, 2007, 11:05:12 PM »
Tuberville should put one of his feet in Al Borges' big fat ass. That ultra-conservative horseshit play calling on the next to last drive almost cost us the fucking ball game. Why do they do that shit? A 6 point lead isn't big enough to put the ball away, especially against a team with 2 big time playmakers in the backfield.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Ogre

Re: I swear to God
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 10:12:51 AM »
I'm not so sure it's Borges.  I think it's Tommy telling Borges to play it close to the vest.  That's always been his style, and it almost got us beat.

BUT, how about that defense?  I can only imagine how awesome our defense would be with all our starters back from injury. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 03:10:38 PM »
Muschamp has them playing their asses off! To hold McFadden and the other guy to under 100 yards combined is unbelievable. Easily one of the top 5 defensive efforts since the Wayne Hall units of the mid-late 80's. If we play like that Saturday night at Red Stick, we'll win!

The thing that frustrates me though is when the opposing defense is up against the ropes and wobbling around like Ric Flair at Wrestlemania, we always seem to help them back onto their feet instead of bodyslamming them and putting the game away. I'm a huge proponent of a Genghis Khan type of offensive mentality. Take no prisoners, demoralize them, and leave them with nothing at all to feel good about. Let them wake up the following morning knowing they had their asses kicked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Aubie16

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 07:59:43 PM »
Quote from the O-A News...

Head coach Tommy Tuberville admitted he kept the wraps on his offense in the second half, gambling that a conservative approach would pay off.
   "We'd been knocking on the door all night", Tuberville said. "We didn't open it up. We kept it simple because we felt like we could stop them."

I wonder if Borges ever gets frustrated with this approach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 10:07:35 PM »
Best way to combat that running attack is to keep it off the field and to hog-tie it's ability to control the clock.  It might have been boring to watch, but that conservative approach won, kept the clock running and running, and we ended up with an 11 minute plus advantage in time of possession.

I got what they were doing, and enjoyed watching Arkansas' defense on the field more than their offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Raven_tiger

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 10:58:59 PM »
I thought that the overall game plan was excellent. Play for field position, keep the ball and let Muschamp's D take over the game. I was scratching my head over the call to go for it on 4th down in our own territory. Up to that point Arky couldn't sustain a drive, why give them the ball on the AU 31? Seemed like na unneccesary risk. I do think that Borges was told play conservative, run the ball and grind the clock. Mission accomplished. Next week's game against the corndogs should be an old fashion SEC slugfest. I don't expect a high scoring game.

A BIG :thumbsup: to the AU defense! Wow! Darren McFadden had 43yds on 17 carries. Chris Evans and Eric Brock are beasts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 08:44:45 AM »
Well coming back to work after being in Fayetteville all weekend sucks.  Good trip and all that though.

I have to admit I was not displeased with our game plan.  I was disappointed that we seemed to shoot ourselves in the foot every time when it looked like we were ready to blow the score out.  I hope we have that remedied this week!

Defense.  What can be said that has not been already said.  They were absolutely knocking the chocolate out of folks! 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 02:17:25 PM »
You Glenn I actually think it was on purpose, that we played the way we did. (At least I hope so)

I kinda think that Tubbs thought we pretty much had them in check all night, that he didn't want to get into a score-a-thon with them. So he kept the gameplan ultra conservative, I think he also knew that we could open up scoring if need be, but why show our hand with the upcoming game against LSWho. This is what I like to believe anyways. (Though I am probably giving him waaaay to much credit)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 02:20:30 PM »
So he kept the gameplan ultra conservative, I think he also knew that we could open up scoring if need be, but why show our hand with the upcoming game against LSWho. This is what I like to believe anyways. (Though I am probably giving him waaaay to much credit)

I think we will be able to answer this in five days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."