Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Has the SEC ever taken away a "Coach of The Year" Award?

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Has the SEC ever taken away a "Coach of The Year" Award?
« on: February 26, 2012, 07:36:53 AM »
Then give it to the Coach that actually deserved the award?

2010 Auburn wins the SEC Championship and the National Championship with an unscathed record of 14-0...but yet, Coach Chizik is passed over for SEC Coach of The Year, because the voters thought Auburn had cheated in their recruitment of Cam Newton. So, the award went to Coach Spurrier, eventhough it had been reported that there was some shady things going on in South Carolina. Coach Spurrier now hopes that people will remember when his teams won without cheating, instead of the other way around.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/02/16/3019626/spurrier-university-officials.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Has the SEC ever taken away a "Coach of The Year" Award?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 08:05:09 AM »
It's evident to me that everyone outside of "us" (the Auburn fanbase) acts like 2010 NEVER HAPPENED in spite of all clearing evidence.

Many rival fanbases and beat reports (not just the Bammers) have seen to it that Auburn nor anyone connected to Auburn can mention the 2010 season without some snide remark or mention of "cheating."

I hope in 20 years people look back and see how ridiculous this was while they reminisce over all the other schools found in violation of major NCAA infractions while the guns were leveled at Auburn.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 09:32:20 AM by J. Newcastle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

JR4AU

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 10:19:17 AM »
It's evident to me that everyone outside of "us" (the Auburn fanbase) acts like 2010 NEVER HAPPENED in spite of all clearing evidence.

Many rival fanbases and beat reports (not just the Bammers) have seen to it that Auburn nor anyone connected to Auburn can mention the 2010 season without some snide remark or mention of "cheating."

I hope in 20 years people look back and see how ridiculous this was while they reminisce over all the other schools found in violation of major NCAA infractions while the guns were leveled at Auburn.

Many believe the NCAA simply buried the real evidence.  But make no mistake about it, much of the public perception is/was governed by what emanated out of the local press, which was passed on to the masses via the national outlets.  The email from the NCAA essentially saying the only evidence against Auburn was internet rumor, innuendo, and damned lies is meaningless.  And, if anybody outside of Auburn ever attempts to legitimize 2010, the innuendo and snickering will begin in earnest again. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 10:39:37 AM »
We should make a list of all the things that turned out to be the opposite of what was asserted in 2010.

- Cam Newton bought for $200k?  Nope.  Cam Newton never got a cent and has no clue what you are talking about.

- Chizik covered it all up?  Nope.  Chizik did everything exactly right.

- Spurrier was really coach of the year because he did things cleanly?  Nope.  Chizik was clean.  Spurrier was busted for recruiting practices.

- A rogue LSU fan knows the truth of how deep the Auburn story goes, and LSU is clean?  Nope.  LSU has multiple violations and is on probation.

- Florida is clean and Cam didn't start taking benefits until mean ole Auburn got to him?  Nope.  Sharrif Floyd was busted for taking money.

- Cam Newton is a thug POS?  Nope.  Cam still to this day goes to Wright Elementary school to see the kids he personally worked with.

- Cam Newton actually sucks because he's so dumb and he'll flop in the NFL?  Nope.  Rookie of the year.  Sets numerous records.  Makes pro bowl.

- The bagman exists and will reveal the true information about the Newtons?  Nope.  Just a Finebaum stunt. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 06:42:49 PM »
We should make a list of all the things that turned out to be the opposite of what was asserted in 2010.

- Cam Newton bought for $200k?  Nope.  Cam Newton never got a cent and has no clue what you are talking about.

- Chizik covered it all up?  Nope.  Chizik did everything exactly right.

- Spurrier was really coach of the year because he did things cleanly?  Nope.  Chizik was clean.  Spurrier was busted for recruiting practices.

- A rogue LSU fan knows the truth of how deep the Auburn story goes, and LSU is clean?  Nope.  LSU has multiple violations and is on probation.

- Florida is clean and Cam didn't start taking benefits until mean ole Auburn got to him?  Nope.  Sharrif Floyd was busted for taking money.

- Cam Newton is a thug POS?  Nope.  Cam still to this day goes to Wright Elementary school to see the kids he personally worked with.

- Cam Newton actually sucks because he's so dumb and he'll flop in the NFL?  Nope.  Rookie of the year.  Sets numerous records.  Makes pro bowl.

- The bagman exists and will reveal the true information about the Newtons?  Nope.  Just a Finebaum stunt.
I'd definitely forward that to the NtYF, eventhough people might say, "they're whiners, blah, blah, blah."

Those that want to get the truth out there and in doing so have to correct others, when they're wrong with their ideas, will be considered whiners, because people can't handle the truth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs