Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn's Coaches are finally getting through to the HS Prospects....

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
"Coach Leoffler was saying how if I hurt my foot or something, he wouldn't down us or leave us. We are still in the family and I want to be here with him.

Coach sabbin's "medical hardship" tactics are finally hitting him where it hurts....in recruiting. Because, it's one thing for a coach to tell that to a HS prospect, but it's even bigger for the prospect to say that in an interview.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 04:17:30 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Auburn's Coaches are finally getting through to the HS Prospects....
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 10:01:49 PM »
Also, Coach Chizik's decision to go with the four-year scholarship instead of the year-by-year is starting to make noise...especially when going against uat for some prospects like the #35 Overall prospect in the Country OJ Howard.

Four-year scholarships hasn't been the only thing on Howard's mind either. Howard watched as Vigor High School's Darius Philon was forced to switch his commitment from Alabama to Arkansas on signing day after the Crimson Tide ran out of room for the long-time pledge.

Philon wasn't alone, as Georgia running back Justin Taylor, also a long-time Alabama commitment, was offered the option to greyshirt. Taylor instead signed with Kentucky.

"I saw that, I don't know what really happened with it, but I looked at it and wondered could it happen with me?" Howard said. "It probably could, it probably couldn't, but I still take everything like that into consideration."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 10:15:06 PM »
Bammer don't want dem kids dat are afraid to compete for playing time, or skeerda losing their scholarship anyway. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 10:41:09 AM »
Coach sabbin's "medical hardship" tactics are finally hitting him where it hurts....in recruiting. Because, it's one thing for a coach to tell that to a HS prospect, but it's even bigger for the prospect to say that in an interview.

This is where you're going wrong. 

Just stick to how Coach Chizik's decisions are helping AU's recruiting.  Saban and Alabama are still going to have a top 3 class this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 11:04:26 AM »
This is where you're going wrong. 

Just stick to how Coach Chizik's decisions are helping AU's recruiting.  Saban and Alabama are still going to have a top 3 class this year.

Clearly, Saban's recruiting practices, and "processing" practices are not favored by every recruit or parent of same, just like Auburn doesn't feel like family to every recruit, but many do feel that and gravitate to it.  But it doesn't "hurt" him enough to really kill any recruiting class.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions