Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Putcher Chicken Recipes...

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Putcher Chicken Recipes...
« on: February 21, 2012, 11:31:08 AM »
here.  Love me some chicken and I tried a little something different this weekend.  Took some boneless strips and wrapped half piece of bacon around each one.  Poured some Sesame-Ginger dressing over them and let them soak in that for a while.  Fire up the grill and just before putting them on, roll them in some brown sugar.

I cooked them on skewers to keep the bacon wrapped around them.  I'm always looking for different recipes because I grill a lot of chicken. This recipe was simple but made something as bland as a chicken strip taste restaurant quality. Any different grilling recipes?     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

Re: Putcher Chicken Recipes...
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 12:03:25 PM »
I love baked chicken.  Go to the Piggly Wiggly where they sell chickens that aren't the size of turkeys, and haven't been all roided up to the consistency of rubber.  After I coat the inside with olive oil, salt and pepper, I cut a lemon, or lime in half and plug the cavity at the front with one half, throw in onion, and celery, maybe some cilantro, then plug the rear with the other half of the citrus.  Citrus is key, it keeps it juicy.  Rub down with olive oil, salt, and pepper, then bake bake on baking rack at 375 until the thermomter in the thigh reads 160 161 or so, then pull it out and let it rest...the temp will come up to @165.  Deglaze pan with some white wine, make a little roux, add some chicken stock, and you got gravy.  Yum, yum. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 12:12:51 PM »
I love baked chicken.  Go to the Piggly Wiggly where they sell chickens that aren't the size of turkeys, and haven't been all roided up to the consistency of rubber.  After I coat the inside with olive oil, salt and pepper, I cut a lemon, or lime in half and plug the cavity at the front with one half, throw in onion, and celery, maybe some cilantro, then plug the rear with the other half of the citrus.  Citrus is key, it keeps it juicy.  Rub down with olive oil, salt, and pepper, then bake bake on baking rack at 375 until the thermomter in the thigh reads 160 161 or so, then pull it out and let it rest...the temp will come up to @165.  Deglaze pan with some white wine, make a little roux, add some chicken stock, and you got gravy.  Yum, yum.

That made me moist.  I believe I may have to give that a try.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 12:23:25 PM »
One from my good old college days.

1. Take the cheapest chicken you can find in the store that has bones in it.  Will usually be thighs or a whole fryer.

2. Put the chicken in a crock pot

3. Put in half a bottle of whatever bbq sauce you have in the fridge that hasn't gone out of date.

4. Use either water, chicken broth, or beer to finish just covering the chicken.

5. Cook in crock pot until chicken falls apart if whole or become impossible to take out of sauce in one piece if in pieces.

6. Serve over microwave rice with a Southpaw Light or Beast.

Actually this highly impressed my friends when we were in school.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 12:26:47 PM »
If you are a garlic fan my wife makes this recipe.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/40-cloves-and-a-chicken-recipe/index.html

Be sure to cook up some toasted French bread to go along with it to spread out the roasted garlic on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

JR4AU

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 12:50:57 PM »
That made me moist.  I believe I may have to give that a try.

Almost forgot, throw in a clove or 2 of garlic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 05:26:54 PM »
Simple is best:

Slice boneless chicken breast filets in half widthwise.
Use meat mallet to pound until 1/2 thick.
Dip in flour seasoned with creole seasoning.
Dip in egg/milk wash.
Dip in breadcrumbs seasoned with fresh thyme, oregano, and basil.
Pan fry in oil. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 05:31:15 PM »
Simple is best:

Slice boneless chicken breast filets in half widthwise.
Use meat mallet to pound until 1/2 thick.
Dip in flour seasoned with creole seasoning.
Dip in egg/milk wash.
Dip in breadcrumbs seasoned with fresh thyme, oregano, and basil.
Pan fry in oil.

Fatty McFatter. 

I say that kidding of course, after I posted a recipe wrapping it in bacon, pouring dressing all over it and dipping it in brown sugar.  No calories there at all.  But hey, I had a sweet potato to balance it out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 08:58:33 AM »
Isn't chicken that is not cooked all the way called Puker Chicken? Oh wait, you said Putcher.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions