Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

And Finebaum snickers...

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
And Finebaum snickers...
« on: March 05, 2012, 11:05:17 PM »
http://blog.al.com/wire/2012/03/rush_limbaugh_advertisers_keep.html

Nine advertisers and a radio station in Hawaii dropped Rush Limbaugh's show after he called a law student a "slut" and a "prostitute."

The Tigerettes didn't even get an apology from Finebaum.  His offense was worse, IMO.  Not only did he not apologize but he's kept up the snickering for almost a year now.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

Re: And Finebaum snickers...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 09:46:06 AM »
http://blog.al.com/wire/2012/03/rush_limbaugh_advertisers_keep.html

The Tigerettes didn't even get an apology from Finebaum.  His offense was worse, IMO.  Not only did he not apologize but he's kept up the snickering for almost a year now.   

The Tigerettes, nor Auburn put themselves out making a public statement.  They were simply attacked because it was a slow news day on the Cam situation.  A whole group was called prostitutes with zero evidence to support the accusation.

Rush was way out of line.  But yeah, Finefuck's schtick was far worse. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 09:51:20 AM »
Rush is almost an entertainer but I don't think he meant it as malice as it's being made out to be. He more than likely got caught up in the heat of the moment and crossed the line while getting upset about the entire contraception controversey. He let his emotions get the better of him. Honestly? He shouldn't have went there and he knew better than to get on the level of the libs with mud slinging. Rush knows better than to do this and I think he knows that now.  Finebaum though? I do believe there was malice intent and the Tigerettes were used by him and that shitbag Brooks Melon-fag to slander Auburn University.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 11:32:24 AM »
Rush is almost an entertainer but I don't think he meant it as malice as it's being made out to be. He more than likely got caught up in the heat of the moment and crossed the line while getting upset about the entire contraception controversey. He let his emotions get the better of him. Honestly? He shouldn't have went there and he knew better than to get on the level of the libs with mud slinging. Rush knows better than to do this and I think he knows that now.  Finebaum though? I do believe there was malice intent and the Tigerettes were used by him and that shitbag Brooks Melon-fag to slander Auburn University.

If you've actually heard or read a transcript of Fluke's testimony, Rush's comments were made out of complete ignorance as to the nature of it. 

Finebaum?  His assault, or allowing the assault to bear out on his show by his callers was intentional, and malicious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 11:37:35 AM »
After watching about 5 mins of Anderson Cooper cover this and play the video clips; I will say that Rush made himself look like an idiot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 02:30:48 PM »
After watching about 5 mins of Anderson Cooper cover this and play the video clips; I will say that Rush made himself look like an idiot.

But is this seriously more important than millions out of work, foreclosures, runaway inflation, the national debt and high gas prices? Not at all. The media is just having a field day with this.

Their message is: The GOP = Rush = Calling Women Sluts. The media is pushing this story to the front to because there are votes to be had from this incident. Rush teed this one up for them and I hate that he did. He knows better. Again, he's an emotional type of guy and I think he got caught up in the heat of the moment and said something dumb. Almost certain he regrets it too.

BTW, NBC host Ed Schultz called conservative woman Laura Ingram a slut......and......nothing. No coverage of it, no call from Obama to Laura....nothing.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 02:31:40 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 02:32:51 PM »
But is this seriously more important that millions out of work, foreclosures, runaway inflation, the national debt and high gas prices? Not at all. The media is just having a field day with this.

Their message is: The GOP = Rush = Calling Women Sluts. Rush teed this one up for them and I hate that he did. He knows better. Again, he's an emotional type of guy and I think he got caught up in the heat of the moment and said something dumb. Almost certain he regrets it too.

BTW, NBC host Ed Schultz called conservative woman Laura Ingram a slut......and......nothing. No coverage of it, no call from Obama to Laura....nothing.

Rush made her a martyr.  He's assisted in furthering their agenda by getting her tons of face time, when in reality, her testimony was largely meaningless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 02:40:53 PM »
Rush made her a martyr.  He's assisted in furthering their agenda by getting her tons of face time, when in reality, her testimony was largely meaningless.

If it were not for Rush, I would not know who the hell this slut is.

And no GH, its not more important but we all know how the media works, especially those that work in the media.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions