Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Customized desktops

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Customized desktops
« on: February 22, 2012, 10:40:08 AM »
I've been tinkering around with this free software for a while now called rainmeter (http://rainmeter.net/cms/). Its pretty much a site where you can download the software with links to others where the "skins" are. The skins are actually what you would download to customize the looks of your cpu or laptop backgrounds (which are sometimes included in the zip file or just pick one off the googles that you like). These skins include things like weather, RSS feeds, docks for utilities and a number of other things; even a cool little "Hal 9000" skin. To really get into deeper customization, you may be required to understand programming code just a wee bit. I'm sure some of you have seen this or something like it already but for those that have not, its sort of addicting. I'm thinking when I have time I will create an Auburn theme and post it for those who uses rainmeter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Customized desktops
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 10:43:42 AM »
I see the Developer Kit includes C# and even uses APIs. Pretty slick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Customized desktops
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 10:47:36 AM »
I see the Developer Kit includes C# and even uses APIs. Pretty slick.

Yeah, some of the ones that others have created that you can download uses some Plug-ins. The cool thing is that if one just doesn't give a shit about writing any code, you can just download tons already created and also mix-n-match. Of course, like any other program, it will take a minute to grasp but its pretty nifty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions