Buzz Killington

• Bofa
He really did stop loving her today...
« on: April 26, 2013, 10:36:21 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/george-jones-country-superstar-died-82-141703663.html

RIP, Possum

George Jones, country superstar, has died at 81
Associated Press – 15 mins ago

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — George Jones, the peerless, hard-living country singer who recorded dozens of hits about good times and regrets and peaked with the heartbreaking classic "He Stopped Loving Her Today," has died. He was 81.
Publicist Kirt Webster says Jones died Friday at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville after being hospitalized with fever and irregular blood pressure.
Known for his clenched, precise baritone, Jones had No. 1 songs in five separate decades, 1950s to 1990s, and was idolized not just by fellow country singers, but by Frank Sinatra, Pete Townshend, Elvis Costello, James Taylor and countless others.
In a career that lasted more than 50 years, "Possum" recorded more than 150 albums and became the champion and symbol of traditional country music, a well-lined link to his hero, Hank Williams.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: He really did stop loving her today...
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 10:47:23 AM »
The Opossum is not playing this time.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 10:52:36 AM »
The guy looked dead 5 years ago.  But, he was a hard partying country legend.  No doubt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 10:55:00 AM »
edsbs ‏@edsbs 4m
BONUS POSSUM FACT: challenged Johnny Paycheck to a fight on tour bus. Stopped bus in nowhere. Paycheck got off to fight. Jones drove off.

edsbs ‏@edsbs 19m
5. Waylon Jennings once had to tie him to a chair with a telephone cord after Jones assaulted him and a friend with a guitar.
Expand
 edsbs ‏@edsbs 22m
4. He once came to after a bender and found himself laughing and flushing hundred dollar bills down a hotel toilet.
Expand
 edsbs ‏@edsbs 25m
3. Jones parked his car on the curb at the Nashville airport, and left it there with a note listing his address as "The Grand Ole Opry."
Expand
 edsbs ‏@edsbs 28m
2. Jones claimed he was kidnapped by thugs who took out a life insurance policy on him. Tried to OD him on coke. THEY COULDN'T.
Expand
 edsbs ‏@edsbs 30m
1. George Jones once got so drunk he woke up in a car in a river in water up to his chest.
Expand
 edsbs ‏@edsbs 32m
The next five tweets are going to be George Jones facts, all learned from reading his autobiography. #PossumFacts
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 12:18:07 PM »
I guess that's the end of the Country Crossing bingo project. Was that too soon?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 01:51:10 PM »
I had tickets to see him tomorrow night in Huntsville.  Got an email that the show was postponed until July yesterday.  Guess it will be postponed a littler longer now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 05:14:36 PM »
There was a time I'd have said "Wow, 81.  He lived a full life." 

Now I say, "Wow, 81. That was pretty young."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.