Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

"Dissociated" According to Bama

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
"Dissociated" According to Bama
« on: February 06, 2012, 11:15:49 PM »
http://outkickthecoverage.com/trent-richardson-and-alabama-teammates-sign-autographs-for-disassociated-booster-tom-albetar.php

Trent Richardson and Alabama Teammates Sign Autographs for Disassociated Booster Tom Albetar

Published on: February 06, 2012 | Written by: Clay Travis

Now that Trent Richardson, Marquis Maze, Dre Kirkpatrick, Brad Smelley, Josh Chapman, Courtney Upshaw, and Mark Barron are all professionals guess where did they decide to sell their autographs?

Yep, you guessed it, at T-Town Menswear, the place of business of disassociated Alabama booster Tom Albetar.

You'll recall that back in the summer Alabama kindly notified OKTC they had disassociated Albetar from the university and that none of the players had known their autographs were being sold by the former booster.

So it's an amazing coincidence that seven members of Alabama's 2012 class happened to show right back up at T-Town Menswear and cash in barely a week after their eligibility ended.

I mean, how could they ever have known that there was money to be made off their signatures?

Now doing business on Facebook as T-Town Gallery, Albetar and crew advertised the signing just 11 days after the BCS title game in New Orleans.

"AUTOGRAPH SIGNING: Friday January 20, 2012: Mark Baron, Marquis Maze, Dont'a Hightower, Dre Kirkpatrick, Courtney Upshaw, Josh Chapman, and Brad Smelley from 5pm to 9pm. $200 for all signatures or $35 a piece.

Saturday, January 21, 2012: Trent Richardson with Roy Upchurch from 5pm to 7 pm. $50 for both signatures."

Here are the players signing on January 20th. You can check out the gallery here.

And here's our old chum Albetar, the disassociated Bama booster, posing with Big Al at the signing. (Hell, maybe it's a fake Big Al which would be perfect. Will the fake Big Al get a cease and desist letter from the university too? Will the fake Big Al also ignore it and keep thumbing its nose at the NCAA?)

But the most interesting thing about the galleries posted online which you can check out here is how downright similar the Trent Richardson pictures from 2011 look to the Trent Richardson pictures from 2012.

Here are the pictures from 2012 of Trent signing multiple jerseys:

Now these are from Richardson signing multiple jerseys in 2011, before his junior year with the Crimson Tide.

These objects were put up for sale and Alabama argued that Richardson had no knowledge of that fact and received no compensation.

Does anyone not wearing crimson colored glasses really believe that Trent Richardson didn't know Tom Albetar was selling his autographs back in 2011? If so, why did he go back to Albetar as soon as he could in 2012 to let him sell more autographs?

Because he knew that Albetar was damn good at selling his signed objects.

Think about this for a minute, of all the places in Tuscaloosa to sell their autographs seven Alabama players chose to go to the only disassociated booster running a store in town. The only one. And that's not shady as hell? Why did they do this?

Simple -- because they'd already sold their autographs before.

And if you're Alabama, why in the world does a disassociated booster still have the run of your team in Tuscaloosa?

I'll tell you, because if Tom Albetar ever decided to squeal, those two Bama national titles would disappear in a heartbeat. (Here's Julio Jones signing a stack of jerseys at the same store before the 2009 national title.)

Think that might be why Nick Saban still isn't even putting the store off limit to his players? Because he knows Tom Albetar has the goods to sink his program if he ever talked?

Yep.

Meanwhile how close are Albetar and Trent Richardson? He even travels with him to autograph events in other cities now. In Alabama polo shirts with Trent Richardson's name and jersey number on them.

Stylin'.

This picture was taken last weekend in Gadsden, Alabama.

Yeah, there's nothing shady going on here at all.

(Insert Alabama fan "your gay" insult here).

Regardless, I'm not going to lie, I like the guts here. These Bama players just shot the equivalent of two double birds at the NCAA. And Trent Richardson just drove over the top of them in one of his three luxury vehicles.

Roll Tide roll.

And Clay didn't even mention this picture.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: "Dissociated" According to Bama
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 11:39:15 PM »
Too bad only a two-bit website like Travis' is running with this.

If this were Auburn, Joe Schad would be embedded in Jay Jacobs' small intestine.

Nope. They are all drinking the Saban-Aid.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 11:39:48 PM by J. Newcastle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 12:43:03 AM »
What does that say about the AD? When you have a Disassociated Booster...associating himself with players along with having them signing jerseys just like before.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 12:44:52 AM »
What does that say about the AD? When you have a Disassociated Booster...associating himself with players along with having them signing jerseys just like before.

It says the president of the NCAA is scared to throw dirt because of his past association with the shrimpy scumbag now at UA.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 08:31:47 AM »
It says the president of the NCAA is scared to throw dirt because of his past association with the shrimpy scumbag now at UA.

If true, the NCAA would be left in rubble if this came to light.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 09:44:47 AM »
I hope Travis is posting from a bunker somewhere.  Prayers sent Clay.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 11:53:49 AM »
So Tom Albetar changed his name to Tom Sadow?

So I guess the cease & desist and "dissociation" no longer applies to this individual. That was Tom Albetar. This is Tom Sadow. God, these barners are pathetic!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 11:59:51 AM »
Current Bama players are at that event. 

Fucking blatant. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 12:00:43 PM »
How can a dis-associated booster have access to Big Al.  Does the university not own the rights to their own mascot?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 12:26:52 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 12:29:33 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 12:31:38 PM »
You know, bama football is seriously like crack to this dude.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 01:08:00 PM »
You know, bama football is seriously like crack to this dude.

If Alabama football was like 'Blue Chips' Al Whathisname would be this guy.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 01:14:49 PM »
So Tom Albetar changed his name to Tom Sadow?

So I guess the cease & desist and "dissociation" no longer applies to this individual. That was Tom Albetar. This is Tom Sadow. God, these barners are pathetic!

Them damn barners dun made a deecent gawd fearin' man like Tom change his name wif all tha death threats they dun made to him n Updyke.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 01:48:04 PM »
The pic in that article, you can tell it's not a real Big Al. Both look dumb, but ours is gooder than that one he has.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 02:04:47 PM »
The pic in that article, you can tell it's not a real Big Al. Both look dumb, but ours is gooder than that one he has.
You can't use the likeness.  The University would shut that shit down quicker than a gay rights parade...unless they condone the use.  Hmmm....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 02:43:53 PM »
You can't use the likeness.  The University would shut that shit down quicker than a gay rights parade...unless they condone the use.  Hmmm....

Daniel Moore says you're full of it.  Thah Unahversitee is very undahstandin' in these situations.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 04:52:29 PM »
You can't use the likeness.  The University would shut that shitake down quicker than a gay rights parade...unless they condone the use.  Hmmm....

So what you're saying is Big Al is really Big Gay Al Sadow and his lover is Saban?  Got it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 05:04:59 PM »

I guess being a bammer really does drop one's IQ by 100....Kenny Bell = kinny bill, Greg Gamble (the same one seen picking up a stack of Julio jerseys back in '10) = greag gambel
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2012, 08:34:34 PM »
Tom just needs to take a boat ride and fall off the earth.

It's still flat, right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!