Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

WSJ article on Rivals

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
WSJ article on Rivals
« on: February 02, 2012, 12:05:22 AM »
From elsewhere:

From the Wall Street Journal today...

According to this analysis, Rivals does nail it on occasion. In the last five NFL drafts, 28 of the 159 first-round draftees were five-star Rivals picks. But the overall numbers are less impressive. More than half (54%) of the five-star players identified by Rivals over those three seasons weren't taken in the NFL draft at all. About 81% of the four-star players and 91% of three-star players weren't drafted.

In a four-year period between 2004 and 2007, for example, the University of Miami landed six five-star recruits. But only one of them was drafted in the NFL. Only one other even managed to make an NFL team.

Also, the Honey Badger was a 2 star, as well as Ed Reid for the Ravens. And, he will be in the NFL Hall of Fame.

I was too lazy to go look up the article, but I think that GF, JR4AU, myself and several other were having a conversation about stars and what they mean not long ago and thought this to be interesting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan