Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn at the SAG Awards: Entertainment Weekly

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Auburn at the SAG Awards: Entertainment Weekly
« on: January 30, 2012, 09:53:53 PM »
http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/01/30/octavia-spencer-and-josh-hopkins-at-sag-awards/

Octavia Spencer and Josh Hopkins are BFFs. Awesome!
by Michelle Profis
Categories: Screen Actors Guild Awards, Things That Are Awesome!

Last night’s SAG Awards doled out more than a few shockers (Edie Falco used to act as Cookie Monster at children’s parties?!), but one of the most pleasant surprises of the night was seeing Best Supporting Actress winner Octavia Spencer bring Cougar Town‘s Josh Hopkins as her date.

The seemingly random friendship, however, isn’t so random. In an pre-SAG interview with Extra, the pair revealed that they both call Auburn their alma mater and have been friends for more than a decade since being introduced by The Help director, Tate Taylor.

“There’s really nothing better than to see your friend’s dreams come true,” Hopkins proudly said of The Help star. “I know people are just starting to discover her, but she’s been working for this for a long time.”

From the Rat Pack, to Courtney Cox and Jennifer Aniston, to Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake, it’s fun for us to see our favorite stars sharing more than just a screen. It not only humanizes big screen celebs, it also makes it easier for us to relate to these seemingly untouchable people.

So Popwatchers, let’s play BFF matchmaker. I’ll start by throwing Nick Offerman and George Clooney into the ring.

Don’t you think they could bond over woodworking? What off-the-wall celeb pairings would you like to see?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 09:54:43 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Auburn at the SAG Awards: Entertainment Weekly
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 09:45:55 AM »
My dad taught her in Jr. High.

He says she always used to say, "I am going to be famous one day. I know no one believes me, but I am going to prove everyone wrong."

That was back in jr. high school. Good for her.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 11:24:36 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 02:47:39 PM »
I just saw her last night in Dinner for Schmucks.  Good for her. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions