Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Kaos can count on XBL

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Kaos can count on XBL
« on: January 24, 2012, 12:16:07 PM »
by the end of the year.

Over the years, the use of Microsoft Points has spread beyond Xbox LIVE to other Microsoft services, including Zune Marketplace, Games for Windows, and Windows Phone. The system is engrained in just about every section of Microsoft's online purchasing presence, but that might not be the case for much longer.

It appears that Microsoft might be phasing out the system in favor of straight up money transactions. Inside Mobile Apps is reporting that by the end of 2012, real world money will be used for all transations moving forward. Any outstanding balances will be switched over to the account's local currency. The site cites publishing agreements between mobile developers and Microsoft, warning devs to plan accordingly for the upcoming change.

While this is lodged firmly into the rumor camp (Microsoft has given the standard "we do not comment on rumors or speculation" response), we can't imagine too many Xbox 360 gamers would be bummed out of Microsoft got rid of Microsoft Points.

i wouldn't miss them at all..it was really only done that way to deceive the regular folk how much they were spending, except we all know how much they translate out to these days
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 07:54:56 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Kaos can coiunt on XBL
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 12:39:54 PM »
I have never messed with it, but listening to Kaos it does seem pretty stupid.  Why not just tell you the amount.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 07:53:33 AM »
I have never messed with it, but listening to Kaos it does seem pretty stupid.  Why not just tell you the amount.

So when you see a shitty game for 400 points, you think, well, that's not a lot, I'll give it a try.  As opposed to seeing the shitty game for $5, and you think, no thanks, I'll pass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 11:47:12 PM »
So when you see a shitty game for 400 points, you think, well, that's not a lot, I'll give it a try.  As opposed to seeing the shitty game for $5, and you think, no thanks, I'll pass.

Fool me once strike one. But fool me twice?  Strike three.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 01:44:30 AM »

I'd see a shitty game and think, "Gee, I wonder how much 400 points is."

Then I'd get on Google and figure that shit out before selecting "Purchase."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 08:22:43 AM »

And that's ridiculous. 

I speak, they listen.  We could have gotten rid of this silly points shit years ago if I'd gotten an XBox then. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 08:56:21 AM »

Why? l.a.m.e.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 05:11:03 PM »
And that's ridiculous. 

I speak, they listen.  We could have gotten rid of this silly points shit years ago if I'd gotten an XBox then.

E F muthafuckin Hutton
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 05:29:13 PM »
Why? l.a.m.e.

I don't know...maybe because I don't click a button that says I'm going to spend money before knowing how much money I'm going to spend?

We can't all be ballers.  When are you buying my next drink (roofie)?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin