No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Any News?
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2012, 09:08:21 AM »
That's the first piece of good news I have heard regarding him in over a week.  Hopefully it is a sign of good things ahead...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2012, 09:30:59 AM »
skeet skeet skeet
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2012, 09:44:20 AM »
That's the first piece of good news I have heard regarding him in over a week.  Hopefully it is a sign of good things ahead...

Not to be a stickler but his finalists are

Finalists (alphabetical): Alabama, Auburn, Florida State

Aren't those all down south in relation to DC?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2012, 09:46:07 AM »
Not to be a stickler but his finalists are

Aren't those all down south in relation to DC?

Yes, but his dad was raving about Chizik and the coaching staff.  I was really referring more to the writer's predictions though.  Everyone else is saying he's almost a lock to FSU, and this guy says most likely Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2012, 09:47:49 AM »
Yes, but his dad was raving about Chizik and the coaching staff.  I was really referring more to the writer's predictions though.  Everyone else is saying he's almost a lock to FSU, and this guy says most likely Auburn.
That's what I get for only reading the headline.

:bird:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2012, 10:24:11 AM »
Here, lets make it easier.

Uncommitted: No. 17 Eddie Goldman wants to play down south
Defensive tackle will end up in the state of Alabama or Florida.
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
By: Jon Buzby | MaxPreps.com

Uncommitted: Eddie Goldman
High school: Friendship Collegiate Academy (Washington, D.C.)
Position: Defensive tackle
Size: 6-foot-4, 315 pounds
Tom Lemming's Top 100: No. 17 (No. 2 DT)

Eddie Goldman is the first to admit he doesn't like talking to reporters. And who can blame him? After all, he does all his talking on the field. And not with his mouth.

Goldman is a ferocious defensive tackle who has a first step that would impress Michael Jordan.

"His first step is very explosive," Friendship Collegiate coach Aazaar Abdul-Rahim told MaxPreps. "He has great ‘twitches' as they say. Even at the college level he'll be one of the quicker guys for his size and explosiveness."

To what college those twitches take him to remains to be seen. Goldman, who recorded 42 tackles and 15 sacks his senior season (33 career sacks), was in no rush to commit to any of the more than 50 scholarship offers he received. Instead, he wanted to be thorough during the recruiting experience.

"It is fun, but it gets repetitive at times," Goldman told MaxPreps shortly after returning from an official visit to Florida State. "You hear the same things and coaches ask the same questions. It can get annoying, but that comes with the territory. You can't just pick a school randomly; you have to take the time to pick out the pros and cons."

Goldman made an official visit to Auburn — where he also earlier made an unofficial visit — and had the opportunity to attend the Auburn vs. Alabama game. Despite seeing up close one of the greatest rivalries in college football on the field, Goldman's father, Eddie Muhammad, was more impressed with what he felt off it.

"You feel like it's part of the family," Muhammad told the Washington Post. "It is a business trip, don't get me wrong, but it feels like a family. It felt like much more of a warm reception. Gene Chizik is a straight shooter and telling you how it is. .?.?. You can't say enough positive things about the coaching staff."

Goldman's first scholarship offer came from his home-state Terrapins. But in the end, the University of Maryland did not make the final cut.

"Eddie has always had his nose toward the south," Abdul-Rahim said. "I don't think it was anything Maryland did wrong, it was more just where he wants to go."

Abdul-Rahim said Goldman will announce his final choice on Feb. 1, and that his star player has not yet reached a final decision.

"He is taking into consideration the coaching pedigree of the defensive line coach, potential playing time, the depth chart, and an overall feel for the school," Abdul-Rahim said.

Here's what we are thinking:

Florida State (doubtful): Compared to his other two more-likely choices, Florida State is like a minor league team.

Alabama (possibility): Goldman raved about Sal Sunseri during the recruiting process, but the former Tide assistant coach recently rolled to the defensive coordinator position at Tennessee.

Auburn (bank on it): The defensive linemen on the depth chart are young and not entrenched into the starting lineup, which means Goldman has a shot to make an impact quickly.

He made two visits to Auburn, and his father publicly raved about the Tigers' coaching staff. Goldman turned down opportunities to play for several high school football powerhouses and instead chose to play at a school that didn't have its own football field and used traffic barrels as practice dummies. Why? "Because I trusted the coaches," he said. His family clearly trusts the coaching staff at Auburn.

Final take: MaxPreps recruiting expert Tom Lemming says of Goldman: "I'm convinced he'll become an impact player at the next level. This guy gets off the ball like no one's business, is quick as a cat, has super strong hands, and dominates the point of attack."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2012, 10:50:08 AM »
Will everything stay quite until NSD, or are we expecting a commitment or two to be annouced before then? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2012, 10:57:11 AM »
Will everything stay quite until NSD, or are we expecting a commitment or two to be annouced before then?

Pretty much gonna be quiet I think.

By the way, dat ass in your avatar is HAWT! Who be dat?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 10:58:05 AM by djsimp »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2012, 11:02:42 AM »
Pretty much gonna be quiet I think.

By the way, dat ass in your avatar is HAWT! Who be dat?

I have no clue.  Just some random hot ass pic I googled.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2012, 11:24:56 AM »
For any of these other top prospects to land at bammer, some of their current class will have to get processed, or not qualify.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2012, 11:30:31 AM »
For any of these other top prospects to land at bammer, some of their current class will have to get processed, or not qualify.
Oh I am afraid that the recruits will be quite operational...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2012, 11:48:00 AM »
Oh I am afraid that the recruits will be quite operational...

Lets test this theory on your home planet recruit named TJ Yeldon...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

djsimp

« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2012, 12:20:17 PM »
Lets test this theory on your home planet recruit named TJ Yeldon...

Next in line is Reuben Foster.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2012, 01:05:53 PM »
That's what I get for only reading the headline.

:bird:

The headline draws 'em in, but they stay around for the bird.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2012, 10:45:15 AM »
Could see a commit flip to Auburn from G Tech come Monday along with his buddy Jaquay Williams

Will Adams OL
http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Will-Adams-105640;_ylt=AiGitdA1DISCXAAV9Q7ivtpIPZB4

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2012, 03:01:26 PM »
My guess is we get a CB, S, DE, two OL, one more LB and one to two WRs along with former commit Jeremy Richardson to close the class from the names below.

DT  E.Goldman                      WR  Diggs, Patterson or Louis
DE  LWilliams                        OL  Kozan, Adams or Young
LB  K.Alexander, B. Brown
S   J. Moore
CB  R. Darby

That probably lands us top 15, maybe a little higher and of course any combination with Goldman and or Diggs could really make a difference. 

« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 03:07:40 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions