Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn in 2012

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Auburn in 2012
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2012, 02:21:29 PM »
I agree about Holland.  He's also undersized. 

But what's strange is that he got playing time in the BCSCG and was the starter last year.  Either Roof really had no clue what he was doing, or Holland does something right that we don't realize.

I am close to giving every guy on D a pass due to the fact that Roof didn't know wtf he was doing. While I don't think that Holland is a starter, I do think that he is very capable of making great plays. Hopefully VG will move him to OLB or something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2012, 02:24:20 PM »
Jake Holland will be an All-SEC LBer before he leaves Auburn...take that to the bank.

Colonial Bank?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

djsimp

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2012, 02:27:13 PM »
Colonial Bank?

I can tell you its not Regions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2012, 02:30:25 PM »
Jake Holland will be an All-SEC LBer before he leaves Auburn...take that to the bank.

I said when he came in that he'd set some records at Auburn.  He may be slower than expected but he's the type player that's in on everything.  I recall saying the same thing about Bynes.  The first tiime he started filling in for Blackmon, he seemed to be in on every tackle in one way or another.  Pretty soon, it became apparent that he just had the proverbial nose for the ball.  I think Holland is the same type player.  He just may not have the tools to satisfy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2012, 02:35:14 PM »
I think Holland is the same type player.  He just may not have the tools to satisfy.

I'm just not sure he is the guy to be making the D audibles at MLB. Then again, his confusion may have just been caused by others inabilities.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2012, 02:36:24 PM »

So the power bracelets do work?

I just don't see it.  I think he will be a decent LB, but All-SEC?  I hope I am wrong, but he has a lot of work to do in his last two years to get there imo. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2012, 02:40:57 PM »
So the power bracelets do work?

I just don't see it.  I think he will be a decent LB, but All-SEC?  I hope I am wrong, but he has a lot of work to do in his last two years to get there imo.

Agree.

Greg Carr he ain't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2012, 02:46:47 PM »
People...shit..have you so quickly forgotten...he has a fro.  Oh how you all got down on Trotter.  You pointed and laughed.  He was the object of your scorn.  But for some reason, you had all turned a blind eye to the power of the fro.  And you see what happened.

Anyone want to rethink they're take on Jake....Hmmm?  Yeah, I thought so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2012, 02:51:52 PM »
People...shit..have you so quickly forgotten...he has a fro.  Oh how you all got down on Trotter.  You pointed and laughed.  He was the object of your scorn.  But for some reason, you had all turned a blind eye to the power of the fro.  And you see what happened.

Anyone want to rethink they're take on Jake....Hmmm?  Yeah, I thought so.

You're right....

He ain't even Kurt Crain
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2012, 02:53:35 PM »
You're right....

He ain't even Kurt Crain

He can't even hold Kurt's dip cup.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2012, 02:55:01 PM »
You're right....

He ain't even Kurt Crain

Pay you'll for Loxley that
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2012, 02:59:49 PM »
All of y'all bashin' Jake...I got yo name, I'll have a plate of crow waiting for ya with your name on it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2012, 03:03:13 PM »
All of y'all bashin' Jake...I got yo name, I'll have a plate of crow waiting for ya with your name on it.

I will gladly take it if the time comes.  What I saw last year was a lost kid that would have made a better rodeo cowboy than linebacker.  I REALLY hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2012, 03:04:06 PM »

And again...lets wait and see what Van Gorder can do with these guys first before we say one way or the other.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2012, 03:07:26 PM »

I'll eat the fuck out of the crow and a hat if I'm wrong....
Unless I won't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2012, 03:09:51 PM »
Unless I won't.

The commitment is strong in this one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2012, 03:16:44 PM »
Unless I won't.

I don't think you have much to worry about.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2012, 03:19:52 PM »

Can't you see?  That's Mike Dyer that accidentally got left in on defense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2012, 03:21:57 PM »

Is that Neiko trying to find his man up in Section 43 back there?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2012, 03:27:15 PM »
I can't find his name. Who was the badass white linebacker that was a walk-on? He ended up playing for the 49'rs?

Mid to late 90's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum