Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

"Am I Sick? Are We All Sick?"

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
"Am I Sick? Are We All Sick?"
« on: January 18, 2012, 03:08:00 PM »
http://deadspin.com/5855433

Just do the link. Confiscated emails between ESPN and Kirk Samson, Auburn's PR guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: "Am I Sick? Are We All Sick?"
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 03:57:29 PM »
Good to know a lot of these guys' personal emails. Funny that most of them are still at aol.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 04:08:53 PM »
1.  I should have been a reporter, "OK guys, can we set up an interview?  I'm gonna ask if you are proud of the team, and you can answer very.  Will that work for you?"

2. I know e-mail is a very informal means of communication, and Auburn PR and some of the media members might have ongoing relationships, but if I sent a request to an outside vendor about being "jacked" or using u instead of you I would get a serious ass chewing.

3.  I would hate to have a job in PR for a major college football team.  "Our LB just bit a guy in a bar and then tested positive for Herpes, Marijuana, Steroids, Nasonex, Hepatitis ABC and rabies?  Can you call my wife and kids and tell them that daddy won't be around for a while?"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

JR4AU

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 04:24:58 PM »
The deadspin take, from what I gather reading in between the emails, was that this writer thought the media backed away from the Cam story.  Did I read that right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 04:32:29 PM »
The deadspin take, from what I gather reading in between the emails, was that this writer thought the media backed away from the Cam story.  Did I read that right?
I couldn't really tell to be honest.  It seemed like it played both sides.  I thought it (deadspin article) was pretty stupid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 04:43:02 PM »
It was interesting reading the actual emails, but I didn't see the point of releasing that article at this time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 04:48:58 PM »
I couldn't really tell to be honest.  It seemed like it played both sides.  I thought it (deadspin article) was pretty stupid.

I wasn't sure either, but I agree, completely pointless at this time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 04:56:55 PM »
I think it was just chronicling the craziness and fickleness of the current media.  That is all. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 05:03:36 PM »
I think it was just chronicling the craziness and fickleness of the current media.  That is all.
Thats what I though only there are some comments in there that seem to poke fun at how Auburn handled the situation
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 05:07:43 PM »
Thats what I though only there are some comments in there that seem to poke fun at how Auburn handled the situation
It's deadspin, every article is written by cynical hipsters.   It's in their blood.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 11:15:03 PM »
I kind of gathered that ESPN made it a story, then positioned themselves to unmake it when they realized they had milked it as far as it would go/damaged Cam beyond redemption.  Like they are the arbiter of what constitutes sports news and what doesn't.  Like a fickle god toying with mortals for fun until he gets bored and moves on to the next thing.

Note that while Gayer Evans get mentioned once, there was not a single email released where he himself actually did something responsible and contacted Auburn.  Fucktard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 09:44:50 AM »
Finebaum, and some of his idiot callers said it was an indictment of the sports reporting profession.  That all the "reporters" involved were sucking up to Auburn's PR guy for info.  I guess you get info from the source by being an ass if you're a real reporter. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions