Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Is it just me?

JR4AU

Is it just me?
« on: January 17, 2012, 03:32:31 PM »
Do the bammers seem to be making a bigger deal of this NC than 2009, and does it seem so because of the way they won it?  Because, even though there was a big argument for them not to be in the game, and the fact that they really backed in to it via all the right losses by other teams, to them seems to confirm in their minds that it is their rightful place no matter what?  Any of y'all hearing it that way?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Is it just me?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 03:34:12 PM »
Do the bammers seem to be making a bigger deal of this NC than 2009, and does it seem so because of the way they won it?  Because, even though there was a big argument for them not to be in the game, and the fact that they really backed in to it via all the right losses by other teams, to them seems to confirm in their minds that it is their rightful place no matter what?  Any of y'all hearing it that way?

I think they are playing it up more than 09 just b/c we won it all last year.  Last year chapped their asses pretty bad. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 03:34:32 PM »

I have been avoiding bammers like goats avoid RWS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 03:37:05 PM »
I think they are playing it up more than 09 just b/c we won it all last year.  Last year chapped STILL CHAPS their asses pretty bad.

FTFY
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

JR4AU

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 03:39:24 PM »
I think they are playing it up more than 09 just b/c we won it all last year.  Last year chapped their asses pretty bad.

I think that's got a lot to do with it too.  I just detect an attitude that they won it because they're entitled to it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 03:41:49 PM »
Honestly haven't heard much about it.  Luckily I work with all engineers so I am well insulated with fellow Auburn fans.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 03:44:34 PM »
Honestly haven't heard much about it.  Luckily I work...

That's what keeps you insulated from Bammers. Having a job, life, etc.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

JR4AU

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 03:44:38 PM »
Honestly haven't heard much about it.  Luckily I work with all engineers so I am well insulated with fellow Auburn fans.

Lucky you, quite the opposite among the bench and bar.  I'm well in the minority among my work peers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 03:46:46 PM »
Lucky you, quite the opposite among the bench and bar.  I'm well in the minority among my work peers.

Well bama = assholes = lawy....   I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 03:47:55 PM »

I've got my eye on you, Mister
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 03:56:28 PM »

I left a hangin' curve ball waist high over the fat part of the plate didn't I?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 03:57:23 PM »
I left a hangin' curve ball waist high over the fat part of the plate didn't I?

On a 2-1 count.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 03:59:34 PM »
I can imagine it's totally different for everyone else, but this is my first football season living outside the state of Alabama since I was in the 5th grade.

It's been pretty damn nice, I must say.

Yeah, I have to deal with corndogs, but it isn't even remotely close to the same universe as working with bammers.

LSU was never the main topic of discussion, but after they lost, it was full focus on the Saints, and now that they lost, it's Mardi Gras time.

Plus I finally broke my Finebaum habit, so it's like I don't even know bammers exist except in the context of making fun of them either here or from the people I choose to follow on Twitter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012, 04:01:26 PM »
I can imagine it's totally different for everyone else, but this is my first football season living outside the state of Alabama since I was in the 5th grade.

Yeah, I have to deal with corndogs, but it isn't even remotely close to the same universe as working with bammers.

LSU was never the main topic of discussion, but after they lost, it was full focus on the Saints, and now that they lost, it's Mardi Gras time.

Plus I finally broke my Finebaum habit, so it's like I don't even know bammers exist except in the context of making fun of them either here or from the people I choose to follow on Twitter.

Fine, just continue to gloat and rub salt in the wounds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 04:16:00 PM »

Keep speaking.  I need all the momentum I can muster when my wife watches me put up the for sale sign come September. 

It has been worse this year.  I've heard the following:

1. This team is easily in the top 3 best BCS champions because the defense is the greatest of all time. 
2. This proves that Auburn only won a BCS championship because they had to keep up with the #1 program in college football.
3. Nick Saban is the second best coach of all time - this latest BCSCG sealed it.
4. They were finally able to claim the following with veracity: You never actually beat Alabama; they merely had a bad game and would always win the rematch.
5. The voters were willing to put 2011 one-loss Alabama into the BCSCG but not 2004 Auburn thus establishing the fact that no one respects Auburn. 

I have to leave this state.  Being Finebaum free (Since December 28th!) hasn't been enough.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 04:20:25 PM »
I have to leave this state.  Being Finebaum free (Since December 28th!) hasn't been enough.

But then the terrorists win, Brock!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions