Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The 1973 Delta-Chi Miss Hot Pants Pageant...

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
The 1973 Delta-Chi Miss Hot Pants Pageant...
« on: January 15, 2012, 05:28:13 PM »

http://www.thewareaglereader.com/2011/12/the-1973-delta-chi-miss-hot-pants-pageant/
When The Legendary (and lovely) Beverly Bradford (TLBB) dumped the Auburn Plainsman’s weekly Loveliest of the Plains feature, her first act of defiance as 1970-71 editor, she preemptively (and of course sarcastically) countered objections to the decision by listing the titles still available for Auburn coeds to compete for—Miss Rat Hat, Miss Fall Rush, Glomerata Beauties, Miss A-Day, Miss Ad Infinitum. But she left off one of the most important and, in terms of pure lechery, the most similar to what The Loveliest had by that point become: MISS HOT PANTS.

We at TWER have profound respect for TLBB’s fiery brand of feminism. We present this gallery of never-before-see photos from the 1973 Delta Chi Miss Hot Pants pageant merely for posterity and to show how far we’ve come. Our conscious is clean.

Click the photos to enlarge them, then click them again to enlarge them some more.
My money was on Nancy Cammack (No. 44), but Mollie Hall definitely deserved to win—and Laura Lewis definitely had a shot. (That I can actually put names to some of these faces is merely indicative of my level of immersion in 1970s Auburn culture and should by no means be cause for alarm to any of the contestants.)

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: The 1973 Delta-Chi Miss Hot Pants Pageant...
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 10:25:47 PM »
Nice find Jumbo, nice find!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: The 1973 Delta-Chi Miss Hot Pants Pageant...
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 05:35:28 PM »

That's somebody's grandma.  Crazy.  She's probably pushing 60 now.  Glad she has this to look back on.  And feel a bit creepy that I'm digging it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.