Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Iowa and Now NH too!

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Iowa and Now NH too!
« on: January 04, 2012, 10:12:13 AM »
Discuss!

Rick fucking Santorum, you allow him to even be competitive?  Really Iowa?  Really?   :facepalm:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 04:04:22 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Iowa
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 10:16:50 AM »
Discuss!

Rick fucking Santorum, you allow him to even be competitive?  Really Iowa?  Really?   :facepalm:

I am at the point now where I am for anyone not named Mitt Romney. I am sick of him. He's a New England liberal to the core. Was nice to see Santorum and Paul do well (even though I don't support them). I think Newt will show better in the upcoming 3 states. He is pissed now and rightfully so. Romney spent a ton of money to squash him like he has done to everyone else who has gotten close to him in the polls (Bachmann in June, Perry, Cain). Romney's ads have also been deemed not true by most reputable fact checkers, but it didn't matter. The message had gotten across to voters. Rick Santorum - you are next.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 10:42:24 AM »
I am at the point now where I am for anyone not named Mitt Romney. I am sick of him. He's a New England liberal to the core. Was nice to see Santorum and Paul do well (even though I don't support them). I think Newt will show better in the upcoming 3 states. He is pissed now and rightfully so. Romney spent a ton of money to squash him like he has done to everyone else who has gotten close to him in the polls (Bachmann in June, Perry, Cain). Romney's ads have also been deemed not true by most reputable fact checkers, but it didn't matter. The message had gotten across to voters. Rick Santorum - you are next.

Given the choice between Santorum and Romney, I am writing in someone.  Fuck them both in da mouf.  Seriously, this field of candidates sucks.  Ron Paul is my favorite one of them all and that is bad.  (You know how I feel about Paul, love him, but foreign policy scares me a little).   I don't know enough about Huntsman, but the rest of them ppppppppfffffffffttttttttttttt................

I weep for our future.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 11:15:39 AM »
Republican Party election strategy:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 11:39:51 AM »
Actually since I have stepped away from the ledge and thought about it, Santorum was the perfect candidate for Iowa.  I read that 13% of the voters said "abortion" is the biggest issue in the US right now. ABORTION! And 55% of those people voted for Santorum.

Being that there are many Christian valued voters in the Mid-West, he is everything they want if they don't rank economy and foreign policy above social issues.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 11:51:05 AM »
Actually since I have stepped away from the ledge and thought about it, Santorum was the perfect candidate for Iowa.  I read that 13% of the voters said "abortion" is the biggest issue in the US right now. ABORTION! And 55% of those people voted for Santorum.

Being that there are many Christian valued voters in the Mid-West, he is everything they want if they don't rank economy and foreign policy above social issues.

Iowa is also over a quarter Catholic (Santorum is too). I can get past Paul's looney foreign stances if he can fix this shitmess we're in. Newt's personal past also doesn't bother me like most. I know what his track record is as the Speaker. Economically, both get it if you can get past many of their peripheral issues. I am starting to get past those issues. Romney has proven with his POLICY in OFFICE that he is worthless. I am still pissed at the neocon establishment for railroading Herman Cain. Fuck Karl Rove, Bill Kristol and Mitt Romney in the mouth x 100.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 11:51:38 AM »
Republican Party election strategy:

I knew this when they started eating their own starting with Cain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 12:08:03 PM »
Iowa is also over a quarter Catholic (Santorum is too). I can get past Paul's looney foreign stances if he can fix this shitmess we're in. Newt's personal past also doesn't bother me like most. I know what his track record is as the Speaker. Economically, both get it if you can get past many of their peripheral issues. I am starting to get past those issues. Romney has proven with his POLICY in OFFICE that he is worthless. I am still pissed at the neocon establishment for railroading Herman Cain. Fuck Karl Rove, Bill Kristol and Mitt Romney in the mouth x 100.

The great architect strikes again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 12:20:03 PM »
The great architect strikes again.

Watch Foxnews for more than 5 mins and you'll see how obvious it is. Bill Kristol, Karl Rove and Brit Hume are all neocon cheerleaders with Foxnews as their puppet master. They all want another Bush. Screw that shit. I like the fact that anyone besides Romney makes them shit their pants on the air.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 12:31:53 PM »
Watch Foxnews for more than 5 mins and you'll see how obvious it is. Bill Kristol, Karl Rove and Brit Hume are all neocon cheerleaders with Foxnews as their puppet master. They all want another Bush. Screw that shit. I like the fact that anyone besides Romney makes them shit their pants on the air.

Agree.

I watched a debate in 07.  Paul and I forgot who polled better than anyone according to their online poll and I thought Shawn Hannity was going to have a breakdown on the air.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 02:43:36 PM »
Agree.

I watched a debate in 07.  Paul and I forgot who polled better than anyone according to their online poll and I thought Shawn Hannity was going to have a breakdown on the air.

May have been Tancredo (who I liked) or Fred Thompson. But yeah, I remember that. Hannity seems to have toned that down more now since most of what Paul said in 07,08 has came true. He doesn't seem too keen on Romney.

I did just see a news blurb that Bachmann just ended her campaign. Perry is also rumored to be thinking of doing the same thing, especially if he can't finish top 2 in SC next week. I think Huntsman will exit if he doesn't win NH.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 03:21:09 PM »
Regarding the results, you have to remember that unemployment in Iowa is less than 6% right now.  In their eyes, the economy is not as bad, so a social Conservative would do well and obviously did. 

Romney is just coasting with the Repuklickin Establishment right now, and the Master Neo-Con, John McCain, has surfaced to bestow his blessings on the candy-assed soft-belly.  I don't trust the guy.  He's held every position on every major issue over the last 20 years. 

Huntsman was Obama's China boy-toy...  He pretends to be Conservative with his statements, but swings Libertarian.  He'll never overcome the Obama appointment, and he'll never be trusted by true Conservatives...  He doesn't have a chance, and the polls have always shown that.

Paul is a moonbat.  He has a lot of good positions regarding the economy, but he doesn't maintain a reasonable foreign policy.  Just imagine a nuclear capable Iran...  'nuff said. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 03:34:00 PM »
Regarding the results, you have to remember that unemployment in Iowa is less than 6% right now.  In their eyes, the economy is not as bad, so a social Conservative would do well and obviously did. 

Romney is just coasting with the Repuklickin Establishment right now, and the Master Neo-Con, John McCain, has surfaced to bestow his blessings on the candy-assed soft-belly.  I don't trust the guy.  He's held every position on every major issue over the last 20 years. 

Huntsman was Obama's China boy-toy...  He pretends to be Conservative with his statements, but swings Libertarian.  He'll never overcome the Obama appointment, and he'll never be trusted by true Conservatives...  He doesn't have a chance, and the polls have always shown that.

Paul is a moonbat.  He has a lot of good positions regarding the economy, but he doesn't maintain a reasonable foreign policy.  Just imagine a nuclear capable Iran...  'nuff said.

Agree with all of that on Huntsman, Paul and Romney.  I didn't realize that employment was under 6% there.  That would explain why the voters were thinking like that and Santorum did so well.  I don't think Santorum has done enough in NH, SC and FL to stay in it for long.  Newt not making the ballot in Va is looking bad and I think he is out of it before too long. 

I said I agree with that on Huntsman, what I should have said is I agree that he will never shake the appointment to be trusted.   I have read a few things that yes, swing Libertarian and with me, that is ok, b/c I am more Libertarian than I am anything.

I don't trust Romney and I don't like him.  To me, it's business as usual and he is just a watered down version of what we got.   

I said earlier, this should have been a slam dunk for the Republicans, but they are going to run a Kerry'esque candidate and hand the keys right back to Obama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 03:57:42 PM »
The Master Neo-Con, John McCain, has surfaced to bestow his blessings on the candy-assed soft-belly.  I don't trust the guy.  He's held every position on every major issue over the last 20 years. 
This video pretty much shows how he has done what you are saying on positions. Its an ad crafted by the DNC but I try to ignore that because it is dead on.

Quote from: AUTiger1
I said earlier, this should have been a slam dunk for the Republicans, but they are going to run a Kerry'esque candidate and hand the keys right back to Obama.

Pretty much. The GOP has concentrated on eating its on and winning, RATHER than coming up with decent ideas. I think Newt was trying to and the water got very muddied.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 04:29:50 PM »
Gingrich....."He comin!"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Iowa and Now NH too!
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 04:07:46 PM »
What did everyone think about NH last night?  I figured Roms would win in a landslide.  Paul finished strong all things considered and it looks like Huntsman made a good effort.  Interesting and I didn't realize it, but apparently Roms is the first person to win both Iowa and NH.

Just glad that Santorum got his ass beat.  I also had to snicker at Bachmann and Perry.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2012, 04:37:59 PM »
What did everyone think about NH last night?  I figured Roms would win in a landslide.  Paul finished strong all things considered and it looks like Huntsman made a good effort.  Interesting and I didn't realize it, but apparently Roms is the first person to win both Iowa and NH.

Just glad that Santorum got his ass beat.  I also had to snicker at Bachmann and Perry.

No offense to Perry and Hunstman, but this is a 4 man race now. I dont think Santorum has the money or power to challenge Romney anywhere other than Evangelical states. Which leaves us Paul, Romney and Newt. I was kind of hoping Paul and Newt would tag team the liberal from Massestupids.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 04:47:52 PM »
So, hypothetically spekaing, let's say Romney wins the nomination.  Does he choose a running mate from the current bunch?  Does he already have someone picked out?  He wouldn't try to pull a McCain and pick someone like Palin, would he?  And on that note, do you politcal gurus think Palin was picked because McCain knew he would get beat and tried to get that wow factor going?  I doubt he knew she'd be as polarizing as she was.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 05:42:12 PM »
So, hypothetically spekaing, let's say Romney wins the nomination.  Does he choose a running mate from the current bunch?  Does he already have someone picked out?  He wouldn't try to pull a McCain and pick someone like Palin, would he?  And on that note, do you politcal gurus think Palin was picked because McCain knew he would get beat and tried to get that wow factor going?  I doubt he knew she'd be as polarizing as she was.

I hear a lot of talk about Rubio, but I would be shocked if Romney actually picks him.  Although, he would add an interesting dynamic to the ticket. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand