Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

"Rent" moves to the Big Stage

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: "Rent" moves to the Big Stage
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2012, 12:26:38 PM »
So, what's the deal with Smart?  I thought he was up for several openings.  I'd say he's accomplished about all you can as an assistant. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2012, 12:27:07 PM »
Apparently I thought wrong.

UT hired Sunseri with a 3 year contract worth about $2.4 million. For comparison sakes, that's right around where Kirby Smart is with Alabama right now. Although I bet Kirby sees a $50-100k raise this year.

Ruh-roh 

:hammer:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2012, 12:30:28 PM »
A lateral move to your rival?

Looks like the rats are jumping ship.

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Seriously, though, I would love to hear the rationale from Finebaum on this after declaring just that for Malzahn accepting a HEAD COACHING JOB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2012, 12:39:31 PM »
So, what's the deal with Smart?  I thought he was up for several openings.  I'd say he's accomplished about all you can as an assistant.
I'm sure Saban kneecapped him or something.

Seriously though, I have a theory. Call me crazy, but I think he might be next in line at Alabama. Either that, or he is waiting to get a job offer in somewhat of the same situation that Malzahn got an offer. Arkansas St, for example, is at a high point. Their coach didn't leave because the team is shitty; he left because he got offered a better job, because he did so well bringing Arkansas St. back. Their program is probably in relatively good shape. It's not in shambles, and there is probably relatively little "rebuilding" to do. He is walking into a decent situation, something manageable. The odds are higher that it will be a little easier to sustain, as opposed to say, rebuilding Ole Miss.

Same theory applies if he is waiting around for Alabama. Let's face it; Saban doesn't have another 5 years in him. He is 60, and is probably close to retiring. I give him another 2-3 years at the most. Saban constantly pimps Smart in the media, and has said on more than one occasion that he is ready to be a head coach now. As long as the program doesn't implode upon itself due to cheating, steroids, interstate sex trafficking, etc, then that would be the perfect situation for Smart to walk right in to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2012, 12:42:13 PM »

Seriously, though, I would love to hear the rationale from Finebaum on this after declaring just that for Malzahn accepting a HEAD COACHING JOB.
I know you're just being facetious, but for accuracy, it's not a lateral move. He was a linebackers coach at UA, and will be DC at Tennessee. A first year DC making Kirby Smart money, with a 3 year contract. I would say that's a good way to get your foot in the door for a HC position interview when Dooley finishes shitting the bed.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 12:50:36 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

JR4AU

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2012, 12:54:28 PM »

Ask him, he'll act like you're speaking Greek.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2012, 01:01:03 PM »
The chance to work with Derek Dooley, who has been around championships and knows what it takes to build an elite program, combined with the rich tradition of the University of Tennessee, makes this opportunity so exciting to me," Sunseri said in the official release. "

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Translation:  I was tired of working for an asshole midget.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2012, 01:25:00 PM »

Probably also true, but as RWS said, he is getting a coordinator position. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2012, 01:34:12 PM »
Probably also true, but as RWS said, he is getting a coordinator position.

And since UT is no longer a relevant rival. Skoo bro!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

RWS

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2012, 02:03:02 PM »

Sunseri worked for Saban at LSU, so not sure why he would work for Saban at Alabama if he was that difficult to work for.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2012, 02:10:50 PM »
Sunseri worked for Saban at LSU, so not sure why he would work for Saban at Alabama if he was that difficult to work for.

Because Lord Saybinz willed it to be so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2012, 02:24:15 PM »

I have it on the highest authority that that boy sold his soul to the devil!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

RWS

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2012, 03:09:16 PM »
Because Lord Saybinz willed it to be so.
Jedi mind tricks will get you every time.

For that matter, Kirby Smart (LSU, Miami, Alabama), Joe Pendry (former OL coach; retired), Bobby Williams (Michigan St., LSU, Miami, Alabama), and strength coach Scott Cochran (LSU, Alabama) all worked with him at some point or another.

That's alot of mindfucking to get these guys to come work for a guy that is a bastard to work for.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2012, 03:15:46 PM »
Jedi mind tricks will get you every time.

For that matter, Kirby Smart (LSU, Miami, Alabama), Joe Pendry (former OL coach; retired), Bobby Williams (Michigan St., LSU, Miami, Alabama), and strength coach Scott Cochran (LSU, Alabama) all worked with him at some point or another.

That's alot of mindfucking to get these guys to come work for a guy that is a bastard to work for.

That's why you don't take the wife anywhere near Tuxapalooza.  Lord Saybinz would telepathically will her to walk to his office and remove her clothes.  Let it be so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2012, 03:22:38 PM »
That's why you don't take the wife anywhere near Tuxapalooza.  Lord Saybinz would telepathically will her to walk to his office and remove her clothes.  Let it be so.
Wait....thats a bad?...aww fuck nevermind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2012, 03:34:29 PM »
I have it on the highest authority that that boy sold his soul to the devil!

Using a Confederate flag as a missile!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

RWS

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2012, 03:39:57 PM »
My wife would make so much fun of me if we went.

The afternoon of the BCSCG we ate lunch in Foley. My wife couldn't give two shits less about football, so she thinks anything to do with it is stupid anyway. Plus, she's ruthless in a comical, witty way. So, there were people with Alabama shit on left and right. The "Bama Chicken Club" was on sale. She knows how embarassed I am for the poor fuckers who are just obnoxious about Alabama football, etc. I'm not even wearing any Alabama gear because I know everybody will be out in force, and I don't like strangers coming up to me and saying stupid shit. We were sitting at the table and I looked outside and saw this one dumb bitch with like a huge Alabama hat that The Cat In The Hat would wear. I just kind of shook my head, so she looked over to see why, chuckled, and said "Roll damn tide baby!" as redneck as she could. She thinks this shit is hilarious.

I can't imagine how much ribbing I would have to take if I took her to a game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2012, 03:55:31 PM »
My wife would make so much fun of me if we went.

The afternoon of the BCSCG we ate lunch in Foley. My wife couldn't give two shits less about football, so she thinks anything to do with it is stupid anyway. Plus, she's ruthless in a comical, witty way. So, there were people with Alabama shit on left and right. The "Bama Chicken Club" was on sale. She knows how embarassed I am for the poor fuckers who are just obnoxious about Alabama football, etc. I'm not even wearing any Alabama gear because I know everybody will be out in force, and I don't like strangers coming up to me and saying stupid shit. We were sitting at the table and I looked outside and saw this one dumb bitch with like a huge Alabama hat that The Cat In The Hat would wear. I just kind of shook my head, so she looked over to see why, chuckled, and said "Roll damn tide baby!" as redneck as she could. She thinks this shit is hilarious.

I can't imagine how much ribbing I would have to take if I took her to a game.

It's funny because sometimes I envy people who don't give two farts in the wind about this stuff. My wife is into it but hell, she's gone shopping during the Iron Bowl before.  I'm like, have you lost your damn mind?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2012, 04:30:10 PM »
It's funny because sometimes I envy people who don't give two farts in the wind about this stuff. My wife is into it but hell, she's gone shopping during the Iron Bowl before.  I'm like, have you lost your damn mind?
Blasphemy!

My wife just likes to sit back, point, and laugh.

We went to a Christmas musical at the Beau Rivage like 4 days before Christmas, and I wore one of my Columbia shirts that happens to be crimson colored and has a small-to-medium size script A on it. I should have known better. I didn't really stop to think about the stupid fan factor of going to Mississippi, but I should have. I told my wife that if I got one more "War Eagle!", "Geaux Tigahs!", or "Roll Tide!", I was going to go apeshit on somebody. She thinks it is hilarious that people take football that seriously.

I mean, I love football. I come here and converse with you dickholes to fuck around and kill time. I love Alabama football. But why do random strangers feel the need to walk up to somebody they don't know and, in most cases, try to talk shit, or just say stupid shit? If I don't walk up to you and say something, that probably means I don't want you to walk up to me and say something.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 04:32:19 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SnaggleMomma

• Locked and loaded
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2012, 07:54:19 PM »
You know better than that
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions