Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Van Der Sloot gets 28 years...

JR4AU

Van Der Sloot gets 28 years...
« on: January 13, 2012, 12:52:18 PM »
Peruvian lawyer guest on "In Sesson" says he can petition for parole after 9 years.  Says they give good time a 1 day reduction for 2 or 3 days "work" depending on the crime.  So, could be cut to 14 years with good time.  "Experts saying 10-12 years to serve most likely.  Say Peruvian prison aint too bad either.  They apparently have a very liberal policy that "you leave the crime behind, and remake yourself inside". 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Van Der Sloot gets 28 years...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 01:49:39 PM »
I am by no means an expert on foreign prisons. But something tells me he is going to smart off to a lifer and never see the light of freedom again.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

JR4AU

Re: Van Der Sloot gets 28 years...
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 02:40:51 PM »
I am by no means an expert on foreign prisons. But something tells me he is going to smart off to a lifer and never see the light of freedom again.

For one, they have him in solitary for now.  They showed one of the reporters getting a tour of the prison.  VERY low security, and guards are low paid, subject to bribing.  Visitors can bring inmates food, and it's rumored he has had a conjugal visit and the girl is preggo.  Also claim he's had a 42" Flat screen in his cell, but wasn't there when the reporter got access to it.  They also said if you can get money, you can buy pretty much anything you need/want.  Now it didn't look like a place I'd even want to spend the night, but they didn't paint it as place he'd be that uncomfortable relatively speaking.

Also, the Feds have charges waiting on him here for extorting Natalie Holloway's mom, and they believe they may extradite him, try him, and have a sentence waiting on him when/if he gets out there.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions