Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Why the rest of college football hates Alabama

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Why the rest of college football hates Alabama
« on: January 11, 2012, 12:17:26 PM »
(This is NOT for the guys like Token and my buddy Rouse who are fun to be around. Not all of you are like what I'm about to describe. There's a small minority of you who know how to enjoy it, talk a little fun trash, and don't live and die with the Tide's every move. I feel sorry for you and wish you well. )

I've read on more than one board and heard on more than one radio station how the Alabama nation feels like the rest of the world hates them because they won.

Well, let me clear that up for you all right now.

To paraphrase the girl from "The Social Network" movie: 'Bama nation you are going to go through your life thinking others don’t like you because you are winners. But I want you to know from the very bottom of my heart that it won’t be because of that. It’s because you are a bunch of assholes.

You are assholes when you win. It's not because you win though; it's how you act when you do win. You sing that "beat the hell out of you" shit to the top of your Marlboro stained lungs. You tattoo your famous past on your back. You wear houndstooth as if you invented the pattern. You make a "championship" out of signing day t-shirts and all. Speaking of t-shirts, they all not only proclaim your achievements, but downplay the achievements of others. You are the worst winners in the history of winning. It's not enough to win. No, you have to grind people's face in the dirt about it. Your fanbase is the very definition of pathological narcissism. You are assholes when you win.

You are assholes when you lose. One need to look no further than your celebrated hero Harvey Updyke who admitted he just couldn't take seeing another team (in that case Auburn) win over his beloved Tide. So he took matters in his own hands and exacted justice for the Tide nation. Nevermind that it was illegal. Nevermind that it was extremely dangerous. Nevermind it was completely unwarranted. He's not the only example though. When Alabama does lose a game, read your own messages and threads. "The refs cheated." "Time just ran out." "We must write the SEC office and complain." Your fans never take a loss in stride. You are assholes when you lose.

So the next time you feel persecuted, picked on, or singled out, take a long look in the mirror and answer this question: "Is it because I root for the team that won or is it because I'm asshole about it all no matter what?"

Peace.

- J. Newcastle
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 12:21:15 PM by J. Newcastle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Why the rest of college football hates Alabama
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 12:22:41 PM »
Here here......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 12:29:28 PM »
Apparently that is the justification for the historically low tune in numbers on Monday night....everybody hates a winner.
Actually....
Everybody hates a rerun. Everybody hates the asshomes that cut to the front of the line just because they think there shouldn't be anyone in front of them.

Personally? I'm glad they are finally getting some backlash....better than the knobslobbing fest of two years ago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 12:35:54 PM »
Newcastle is exactly right.

Why the fuck do they feel the need to come up to me, a stranger in an Auburn hat or shirt, and tell me Roll Tide?  I could give a fuck about them or their team.  When Auburn won last year, I didn't say shit to anyone in an Alabama shirt.  Know why?  Because I give a damn about them.

Fuck them all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 12:36:41 PM »
What's this game you speak of?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 12:40:45 PM »
I see an addendum, a caveat, a quid pro quo coming from K.  He's an expert on this issue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 12:59:03 PM »
O'DOYLE RULES!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 01:00:47 PM »
Newcastle is exactly right.

Why the fuck do they feel the need to come up to me, a stranger in an Auburn hat or shirt, and tell me Roll Tide?  I could give a fuck about them or their team.  When Auburn won last year, I didn't say shit to anyone in an Alabama shirt.  Know why?  Because I give a damn about them.

Fuck them all.

Guess this is where we differ.  I DON'T give a damn about them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

JR4AU

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 01:13:08 PM »
Here's another fact...the vast majority of them WANT to be hated.  They want to win, and be assholes because they think if you're hated it's because your good.  Like Shane Corn, they live to be hated so they can say "you only hate us cuz we beat you".  Newcastle, spot on dude.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 01:15:32 PM »
I thought it was because they were inbred goat lovers.  (Bammer's inbred, not the goats, but they would probably screw inbred goats too).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

JR4AU

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 01:15:34 PM »
Apparently that is the justification for the historically low tune in numbers on Monday night....everybody hates a winner.
Actually....
Everybody hates a rerun. Everybody hates the asshomes that cut to the front of the line just because they think there shouldn't be anyone in front of them.

Personally? I'm glad they are finally getting some backlash....better than the knobslobbing fest of two years ago.

As GH predicted, Finebaum started rationalizing the low ratings with such things as all the bammers being in NO, and many people watching via the internet etc, so the ratings really weren't that low, it's all a figment of our imagination.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 01:16:45 PM »
As GH predicted, Finebaum started rationalizing the low ratings with such things as all the bammers being in NO, and many people watching via the internet etc, so the ratings really weren't that low, it's all a figment of our imagination.
...and the rest of the bama nation despises Updyke.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

JR4AU

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 01:17:17 PM »
...and the rest of the bama nation despises Updyke.

Uh huh
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 01:18:38 PM »
I'm sure Finebaum's right.  He was there.  He probably counted the four million Alabama fans that would have made the difference. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 01:26:02 PM »
Here's another fact...the vast majority of them WANT to be hated.  They want to win, and be assholes because they think if you're hated it's because your good.  Like Shane Corn, they live to be hated so they can say "you only hate us cuz we beat you".  Newcastle, spot on dude.
This quality is personified by Nicholas Saban.

They are matches made in hell.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 09:23:07 AM »
Guess this is where we differ.  I DON'T give a damn about them.

Sorry, sarcasm doesn't post well in the interwebz. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 09:34:02 AM »
Perfect summation. 

Will plagiarize. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2012, 01:48:13 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2012, 01:55:13 PM »
Sorry, sarcasm doesn't post well in the interwebz.

I catch typo's.  Since I make so many myself. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 03:33:55 PM »
I catch typo's.  Since I make so many myself.

Yes.  Yes you do. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.