Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Not that I needed another reason.......but.......

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Not that I needed another reason.......but.......
« on: January 05, 2012, 10:07:47 PM »
If Rick Santorum fell off the face of the earth today, I would do a happy dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gwwmm-cQxU&feature=player_embedded#!

Thank you Republican Party for handing this election to Obama.  In a year it should be a landslide, you hand us a choice of shit tier candidates.  Thanks!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Not that I needed another reason.......but.......
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 09:08:11 AM »
Don't fear dude. GarMan nailed it in the other thread. Iowa is highly evangelical (50+ %) and the economy was not their top concern. They cared more about social issues obviously. Santorum will not do as good in NH. He's at 8% right now. Romney is at 47%. Given the choice, of course I would rather Paul win than either of those. NH has a track record of going against the grain and doing as they wish. This would seem to favor Paul. Gingrich will do well in the next two (SC and FL). The next 2 weeks will be a fun ride.

Remember, Mike Huckabee won Iowa (another Evangelical). He fizzled after that.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 09:08:46 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 09:59:48 AM »
Don't fear dude. GarMan nailed it in the other thread. Iowa is highly evangelical (50+ %) and the economy was not their top concern. They cared more about social issues obviously. Santorum will not do as good in NH. He's at 8% right now. Romney is at 47%. Given the choice, of course I would rather Paul win than either of those. NH has a track record of going against the grain and doing as they wish. This would seem to favor Paul. Gingrich will do well in the next two (SC and FL). The next 2 weeks will be a fun ride.

Remember, Mike Huckabee won Iowa (another Evangelical). He fizzled after that.

Oh, I agree with 100% of that.  I just hate Santorum  :)

I still can't believe this field.  I would really hate for one of these guys that is up there now to be our President for 8 years.  Whoever wins will get the nomination in 2016 and that is going to be sad b/c we have such good candidates like Rand Paul, Paul Ryan, Marco Rubio, Bobby Jindal, Duncan Hunter and a couple of others that would be better choices than any of that is in the field right now.  I just don't see any of them doing a good enough job to win in 16 or be popular enough in 2020 to have another shot with one of the younger guys. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 11:40:20 AM »
Oh, I agree with 100% of that.  I just hate Santorum  :)

I still can't believe this field.  I would really hate for one of these guys that is up there now to be our President for 8 years.  Whoever wins will get the nomination in 2016 and that is going to be sad b/c we have such good candidates like Rand Paul, Paul Ryan, Marco Rubio, Bobby Jindal, Duncan Hunter and a couple of others that would be better choices than any of that is in the field right now.  I just don't see any of them doing a good enough job to win in 16 or be popular enough in 2020 to have another shot with one of the younger guys.

Would love a Rand Paul/Paul Ryan ticket. Rubio as well.

Jindal is starting to expose himself somewhat like Christie as a slight neocon. Hunter is great. Also, don't forget Allen West.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 01:31:49 PM »
Santorum doesn't really bother me.  Even if he were elected as Prez, none of this stuff would really go anywhere because they're just not that popular.  These are just the controversial blurbs that the media and anti-Santorum crowd latch onto.  He would still be far better than Obama.  In fact, just about anyone would be better than Obama right now.  Even though I've grown to dislike Romney and I'm not too thrilled about Santorum, ABO (Anybody But Obama) will get my vote. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 03:09:42 PM »
Santorum doesn't really bother me.  Even if he were elected as Prez, none of this stuff would really go anywhere because they're just not that popular.  These are just the controversial blurbs that the media and anti-Santorum crowd latch onto.  He would still be far better than Obama.  In fact, just about anyone would be better than Obama right now.  Even though I've grown to dislike Romney and I'm not too thrilled about Santorum, ABO (Anybody But Obama) will get my vote.

Definitely ABO, and that includes Santorum.  I just don't like the guy and will bash him at every opportunity.  :)

Just wish they would have ran stronger candidates.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions