Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The UN is so enlightened...

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
The UN is so enlightened...
« on: June 09, 2008, 11:35:48 AM »
The United Nations has a new president of the General Assembly. Migue d'Escoto Brockmann, born in Los Angeles, was the foreign minister of Nicaragua during the Communist Sandinista regime. He is also the winner of the 1985 Lenin Prize. And, he's a Catholic priest.  What a nut job... 

As they say, it's sometimes better to keep your mouth shut than to remove all doubt. 

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/04/world/main4155669.shtml 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: The UN is so enlightened...
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 02:21:05 PM »
As they say, it's sometimes better to keep your mouth shut than to remove all doubt. 

It's sometimes better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

i knew what you meant, but that was just a clarification for our less enlightened bretheren.   :)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 02:32:10 PM »
It's sometimes better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

i knew what you meant, but that was just a clarification for our less enlightened bretheren.   :)

Just abbreviating...  Missed the ellipsis...  In a hurry...  You got it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Tiger Six

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 10:04:39 AM »
Just abbreviating...  Missed the ellipsis...  In a hurry...  You got it. 

He yada yada'ed the cliche'.

Acceptable. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions