Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hey! That's MY Excuse, RIAA

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Hey! That's MY Excuse, RIAA
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2011, 07:28:53 AM »
I had to go with something that required coke product.

Ah yes, the hooker's ass.......That's the requirement of my coke product.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2011, 08:35:16 AM »
Ah yes, the hooker's ass.......That's the requirement of my coke product.

Aint nuttin better than snort'n a line of coke off a hookers ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2011, 10:55:36 AM »
Aint nuttin better than snort'n a line of coke off a hookers ass.

Except eating it out of your brother's ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2011, 11:02:17 AM »
Except eating it out of your brother's ass.

Affliction's sons are brothers in distress; A brother to relieve, how exquisite the bliss!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2011, 11:22:57 AM »
Affliction's sons are brothers in distress; A brother to relieve, how exquisite the bliss!

U use yor tung purtyer than a $20 whore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2011, 11:26:20 AM »
U use yor tung purtyer than a $20 whore.

DITTO!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2011, 09:56:54 AM »
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20111229/03234617223/shouldnt-there-be-significant-punishment-bogus-copyright-claims-that-kill-companies.shtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

We wrote a detailed post about the latest Veoh ruling, in which Universal Music lost (again) in claiming that Veoh violated copyright law with its YouTube-like service. Of course, as we pointed out, the "victory" for Veoh is pretty meaningless because Veoh is dead. The cost of the lawsuit itself killed it. I've been thinking about this a lot lately, when you see stories like the federal government shutting down Dajaz1 for over a year, without having an actual case for infringement, and the similar case in Japan, in which the developer of a software program, Winny, had to battle in courts for more than five years, before the court declared that he was totally innocent.

The harm done to legitimate businesses by totally bogus copyright claims seems like it should be a big deal. If the government is really concerned about jobs, rather than passing something like SOPA, shouldn't it be ramping up the punishment for bogus copyright claims that cause so much real harm to businesses? Eric Goldman, in discussing the Veoh ruling makes a similar point and puts forth an interesting suggestion for SOPA, to force companies filing such claims to put up a bond to pay, if they turn out to be wrong:

A partial fix to SOPA/PROTECT-IP would make rightsowners bear the cost of their overclaiming. Make them put up a $1 billion bond for the privilege of sending cutoff notices; and pay liberally out of that bond if the rightsowners get the law or facts wrong. Write checks to the investors and employees whose economic expectations are disrupted when rightsowners get it wrong. Write checks to the payment service providers and ad networks who turn down money from legally legit businesses based solely on rightsowner accusations. Heck, write checks to the users of those legit services who are treated as inconsequential pawns in this chess match. Sure, a $1B bond obligation with liberal payouts would turn cutoff notices into a sport of kings that only the richest rightsowners could afford, but perhaps that’s the way it should be. A rightsowner's decision to send a cutoff notice should be a Big Deal, the equivalent of going to Defcon 5, and not like sending holiday cards to distant relatives you last saw at Ethan's bar mitzvah.

The supporters of the bill, of course, would reject such a suggestion out of hand, noting that it would be unfair and would make it harder for them to "enforce their rights." But that ignores the other side of the equation. If enforcing their rights involves completely destroying someone else's company, then, as Goldman notes, shouldn't it be difficult?

Of course, the chances of this happening are nil. During the SOPA markup, Rep. Jason Chaffetz actually put forth an amendment that didn't even go as far as Goldman's suggestion. It merely said that if you file a lawsuit under SOPA and it turns out that the site was legal, then the plaintiff should pay the legal fees of the defendant. This seems quite reasonable. And it was quickly shot down by SOPA supporters who complained that this was somehow unfair. I still can't figure out why only the copyright holders get to talk about "fairness," while the companies and websites completely destroyed by bogus claims apparently have no "fairness" on their behalf.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2011, 11:00:02 AM »
The harm done to legitimate businesses by totally bogus copyright claims seems like it should be a big deal. If the government is really concerned about jobs, rather than passing something like SOPA, shouldn't it be ramping up the punishment for bogus copyright claims that cause so much real harm to businesses? Eric Goldman, in discussing the Veoh ruling makes a similar point and puts forth an interesting suggestion for SOPA, to force companies filing such claims to put up a bond to pay, if they turn out to be wrong.

This isn't just a copyright issue; this is a general issue with the entire judicial system.

I am at fault in a car wreck.  There are no witnesses and no cameras.  I sue you, claiming you were at fault.  What do you have to do?  Defend yourself.  What does this mean?  You have to pay for attorneys and experts to prove that you are innocent.

One way in which the system attempts to fix this is to have the opposing counsel pay for attorney's fees if they lose.  More often than not, a successful plaintiff will get this luxury, but a successful defendant may not due to stricter requirements for the defendant.  In order for a defendant to have their attorney's fees paid by the plaintiff, they must show that the claim was "vexatious, frivolous, or brought to harass or embarrass the defendant."

If a claim is truly "bogus," then the defendant can have their attorney's fees reimbursed under rules that we already have.  Granted, this is often left up to the discretion of the judge, but the rule is there.

I don't think that requiring a plaintiff to pay X amount of money in order to simply bring a suit is the correct solution.  Access to the judicial system is already costly enough, and this deters many people from being able to bring suits when they have the right to do so; adding additional costs to bring a suit is just going to make it worse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2011, 11:50:29 AM »
We wrote a detailed post about the latest Veoh ruling, in which Universal Music lost (again) in claiming that Veoh violated copyright law with its YouTube-like service. Of course, as we pointed out, the "victory" for Veoh is pretty meaningless because Veoh is dead. The cost of the lawsuit itself killed it. I've been thinking about this a lot lately, when you see stories like the federal government shutting down Dajaz1 for over a year, without having an actual case for infringement, and the similar case in Japan, in which the developer of a software program, Winny, had to battle in courts for more than five years, before the court declared that he was totally innocent.
As far as Veoh is concerned, the main issue in that suit, and the reason Universal took them to court was because Universal had supposedly sent repeated notices for Veoh to remove copyrighted content, and they did not fully comply (according to Universal). Universal contended that Veoh was akin to services like the original Napster, that encouraged copyright infingement by lacking the proper checks and balances to verify content is not otherwise copyrighted by a 3rd party. They also argued whether or not Veoh was protected under certain statutes.

And with Winny, well, we don't live in Japan. You're talking about a suit filed in Japan by the Recording Industry Association of Japan, which is not a branch or division of our RIAA. For that matter, we're talking about statutes that already exist and are not part of the new proposed law. Anybody can take anybody to court. I can take you to small claims court right now over whatever bullshit I make up, and you have to show up and defend yourself, or I win by default. What you pasted above doesn't really have anything to do with what is proposed, since it already exists.

The harm done to legitimate businesses by totally bogus copyright claims seems like it should be a big deal. If the government is really concerned about jobs, rather than passing something like SOPA, shouldn't it be ramping up the punishment for bogus copyright claims that cause so much real harm to businesses? Eric Goldman, in discussing the Veoh ruling makes a similar point and puts forth an interesting suggestion for SOPA, to force companies filing such claims to put up a bond to pay, if they turn out to be wrong:
Veoh could have sued Universal, or could have been awarded damages, if a court found it to be a totally frivolous lawsuit that had no basis or merit whatsoever. But it wasn't that type of lawsuit. It was like alot of lawsuits of this nature, where it is a matter of interpretation.

A partial fix to SOPA/PROTECT-IP would make rightsowners bear the cost of their overclaiming. Make them put up a $1 billion bond for the privilege of sending cutoff notices; and pay liberally out of that bond if the rightsowners get the law or facts wrong. Write checks to the investors and employees whose economic expectations are disrupted when rightsowners get it wrong. Write checks to the payment service providers and ad networks who turn down money from legally legit businesses based solely on rightsowner accusations. Heck, write checks to the users of those legit services who are treated as inconsequential pawns in this chess match. Sure, a $1B bond obligation with liberal payouts would turn cutoff notices into a sport of kings that only the richest rightsowners could afford, but perhaps that’s the way it should be. A rightsowner's decision to send a cutoff notice should be a Big Deal, the equivalent of going to Defcon 5, and not like sending holiday cards to distant relatives you last saw at Ethan's bar mitzvah.
Total bullshit. This is like saying only people who make $200,000 or more a year are allowed to file police reports for theft. It doesn't matter who you are; if somebody stole your property, whether tangible or intellectual, there should be reasonable recourse for that. Here you are complaining about how some innocent sites might get shut down in a dragnet of blocking IP resolution, but you seem to support the notion that it's just tough luck that "the little guy" won't have reasonable access to protect a copyright.

The supporters of the bill, of course, would reject such a suggestion out of hand, noting that it would be unfair and would make it harder for them to "enforce their rights." But that ignores the other side of the equation. If enforcing their rights involves completely destroying someone else's company, then, as Goldman notes, shouldn't it be difficult?
When YouTube decided to do what they do, they knew there were risks involved. As time went by and more and more laws were passed in regards to copyright, pirating, etc, they knew the risks they continued to take. You live by the sword, and you die by the sword. It is no different than all of the businesses in Alabama that are based solely on the hispanic population. It was great before the immigration laws came about. But now that there is law and there customer bases are moving away, well now it's not fair. They're the ones that chose the business model that they did. When you create a business geared towards a super specific customer, or where you can be held liable for the actions of others, well, that's your problem. If I open a bar and my bartender served this guy way past when he should have been cut off, and that drunk goes and plows down a family of 5 and kills them, then that's my ass as the owner of that bar. Etc, etc, etc.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 11:54:11 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2011, 11:55:51 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2011, 12:01:47 PM »

I assume you are posting that about yourself. Because if you think what I'm saying is unreasonable, then you live in an alternate universe and don't understand how the world works.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2011, 12:42:33 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/12/30/will-google-amazon-and-facebook-blackout-net/

I just read the article linked above, where basically Facebook, Google, etc are mulling the option of blacking out their domains for a day and posting information about contacting politicians to voice your displeasure over the bill. Honestly, all this amounts to is using people who are pissed off about not being able to access Facebook that day to try to help you with a cause. The majority of them probably won't know what the hell is what. It will more than likely be a Chicken Little message such as the one conveyed by Chizad, that the internet will come to an end, the world is done, etc.

I mean, they can do what they want with their domains. In my opinion, I just personally don't agree with scare tactics and Chicken Little tactics to misinform people to support a specific cause. Especially when Facebook, etc aren't concerned because of the user; they're concerned about their bottom line. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2011, 12:44:46 PM »
I assume you are posting that about yourself. Because if you think what I'm saying is unreasonable, then you live in an alternate universe and don't understand how the world works.
You're a dumbass...

First of all, you realize I didn't write that article, right? I'm not proposing anything. Nor did I suggest it is directly related to the SOPA/PIPA legislation.

It was posted to illustrate that what you suggested earlier in this thread is fallacious. That these poor victimized copyright owners would never arbitrarily bully a someone that isn't actually in violation of copyright laws. To hear you say it, these copyright owners are only concerned about massive file sharing servers, right? And to further illustrate the harm that even the current copyright laws can do to thwart upstarts before they can even get started. Cause that's what we need. Less tech jobs.

No one in their right mind, outside of Big Hollywood could possibly support this bill. You're just doing what you do. Arguing with a brick wall. I'm becoming a brick wall now. Kthxbye.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2011, 12:46:26 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/12/30/will-google-amazon-and-facebook-blackout-net/

I just read the article linked above, where basically Facebook, Google, etc are mulling the option of blacking out their domains for a day and posting information about contacting politicians to voice your displeasure over the bill. Honestly, all this amounts to is using people who are pissed off about not being able to access Facebook that day to try to help you with a cause. The majority of them probably won't know what the hell is what. It will more than likely be a Chicken Little message such as the one conveyed by Chizad, that the internet will come to an end, the world is done, etc.

I mean, they can do what they want with their domains. In my opinion, I just personally don't agree with scare tactics and Chicken Little tactics to misinform people to support a specific cause. Especially when Facebook, etc aren't concerned because of the user; they're concerned about their bottom line.
You're a dumbass.

You disagree with it because I brought it up on TigersX.com.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 01:14:32 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2011, 12:53:46 PM »
And regarding that article, you're probably right.

Every one of the most popular internet destinations from Amazon to Google to Facebook to Wikipedia to YouTube to eBay to AOL, etc. are probably just being babies. They probably just want to literally black out the entire internet, losing tons of profits, just to be drama queens. They probably don't understand quite like you do when they say things like "these bills so fundamentally change the way the Internet works." Just a bunch of ruffiant thugs trying to destroy the livelihoods of these poor copyright owners. The cofounder of Google's probably just talking out his ass when he says "While I support their goal of reducing copyright infringement (which I don't believe these acts would accomplish), I am shocked that our lawmakers would contemplate such measures that would put us on a par with the most oppressive nations in the world."

How much more obtuse can you possibly be? I'm sure I'll find out.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2011, 12:58:09 PM »

Fuck Facebook. That is all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2011, 01:01:30 PM »
Fuck Facebook. That is all.

And Drew Brees.

And LED lighting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #97 on: December 30, 2011, 01:04:17 PM »
And Drew Brees.

And LED lighting.

And Denise Milani....

No seriously. I would like to. Now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2011, 01:05:16 PM »
You're a dumbass...

First of all, you realize I didn't write that article, right? I'm not proposing anything. Nor did I suggest it is directly related to the SOPA/PIPA legislation.

It was posted to illustrate that what you suggested earlier in this thread is fallacious. That these poor victimized copyright owners would never arbitrarily bully a someone that isn't actually in violation of copyright laws. To hear you say it, these copyright owners are only concerned about massive file sharing servers, right? And to further illustrate the harm that even the current copyright laws can do to thwart upstarts before they can even get started. Cause that's what we need. Less tech jobs.

No one in their right mind, outside of Big Hollywood could possibly support this bill. You're just doing what you do. Arguing with a brick wall. I'm becoming a brick wall now. Kthxbye.
I realize you didn't write it. But apparently you agree with it in it's entirety, because you posted it to support your point, and I didn't see where you put that you disagreed with any particular part of it. Generally when I'm trying to make a point, I would post something that supports my point. Which is what I assume you intended.

If you actually checked into the Veoh lawsuit, you would find that Veoh actually DID contain some content owned by Universal. The majority of the lawsuit was based on Universal saying that while Veoh actually did remove some of the content requested, that they didn't delete other content requested. Universal contended that since Veoh, in Universal's eyes did not properly respond to their requests to remove the other content, and based upon the argument that they were not eligible for certain protections that were created for sites such as YouTube, etc, that respond to requests to remove content. And for that matter, it wasn't the government that sued Veoh. If anything, the government FOUND IN FAVOR OF Veoh because they were considered protected under a 2005 Supreme Court decision. A decision that would not be magically undone due to the new law.

This wasn't even a case of a company going after a million posters on the internet, or even the people that supposedly posted the copyrighted content to Veoh. It was a company suing another company in civil court.

You're the one that posted this for debate. My points are fairly on target and on topic, it's just a matter of you don't agree with it so you're going to get all pissed off and pull the "you're just doing this because it's an AU message board" card. You're entitled to your opinion, but I wouldn't have said anything different if we were on an Alabama, LSU, Baylor, or Oregon board. I don't care what team you like. I just don't agree with your position on the matter. You don't agree with my position. You're the only one that seems to have a problem with that.

If you don't like debate, don't post things in a political forum.   
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 01:24:45 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2011, 01:11:34 PM »
I realize you didn't write it. But apparently you agree with it in it's entirety, because you posted it to support your point, and I didn't see where you put that you disagreed with any particular part of it. Generally when I'm trying to make a point, I would post something that supports my point. Which is what I assume you intended.

If you actually checked into the Veoh lawsuit, you would find that Veoh actually DID contain some content owned by Universal. The majority of the lawsuit was based on Universal saying that while Veoh actually did remove some of the content requested, that they didn't delete other content requested. Universal contended that since Veoh, in Universal's eyes did not properly respond to their requests to remove the other content, that based upon that they were not eligible for certain protections that were created for sites such as YouTube, etc, that respond to requests to remove content. And for that matter, it wasn't the government that sued Veoh. If anything, the government FOUND IN FAVOR OF Veoh because they were considered protected under a 2005 Supreme Court decision. A decision that would not be magically undone due to the new law.

This wasn't even a case of a company going after a million posters on the internet, or even the people that supposedly posted the copyrighted content to Veoh. It was a company suing another company in civil court.

You're the one that posted this for debate. My points are fairly on target and on topic, it's just a matter of you don't agree with it so you're going to get all pissed off and pull the "you're just doing this because it's an AU message board" card. You're entitled to your opinion, but I wouldn't have said anything different if we were on an Alabama, LSU, Baylor, or Oregon board. I don't care what team you like. I just don't agree with your position on the matter. You don't agree with my position. You're the only one that seems to have a problem with that.

If you don't like debate, don't post things in a political forum.   

Seriously, though. We are now discussing LEDs, Football and having sex with Denise Milani and her delicious jugs. No more arguing about the recording industry unless you are just full homo. Got it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE