Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hey! That's MY Excuse, RIAA

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Hey! That's MY Excuse, RIAA
« Reply #120 on: January 17, 2012, 09:41:52 AM »
Those dumbass whiny punks at Wikipedia will be taking the site offline on Wednesday.
THE WORLD WILL CRUMBLEEEEE!!!! OH NOOOOEEEEESSSSS!!!!

Just think of the stories we will be able to tell our grandchildren. "Oh Johnny, it was a terrible day. Wikipedia was down. The world stood still."

Again, you fail to see exactly WHY these companies are more than likely against this. For some reason, you can't even begin to fathom the concept. It's all about the $$$, and what it may cost they to enforce the law where they would not be held liable for any possible infractions. While Wikipedia is a non-profit, it will cost them money to implement some sort of system to verify content; whether that be technology, manpower, or whatever. The bill isn't that insane. It is basically a modification to existing laws to help combat the foreign based sites that serve up content to users that infringes upon copyrights here in the US. And for that to happen, an order has to be obtained through a court to take any action on blocking the resolution of a site. The same thing happens with existing laws. There is a due process.

The whole "THE INTERNET AS WE KNOW IT IS OOOVVVEEERRRRRR!!!" shit is a bunch of hyperbole.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #121 on: January 17, 2012, 09:44:22 AM »
You don't see Encyclopedia Britannica doing this cause they are a source.
It doesn't matter what Encyclopedia Britannica thinks. They're not a popular website. Only people who run popular websites are smart and can see that this new bill is clearly evil, and the end of the internet. Except the people who run GoDaddy. They're not smart.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2012, 10:54:55 AM »
THE WORLD WILL CRUMBLEEEEE!!!! OH NOOOOEEEEESSSSS!!!!

Just think of the stories we will be able to tell our grandchildren. "Oh Johnny, it was a terrible day. Wikipedia was down. The world stood still."

Again, you fail to see exactly WHY these companies are more than likely against this. For some reason, you can't even begin to fathom the concept. It's all about the $$$, and what it may cost they to enforce the law where they would not be held liable for any possible infractions. While Wikipedia is a non-profit, it will cost them money to implement some sort of system to verify content; whether that be technology, manpower, or whatever. The bill isn't that insane. It is basically a modification to existing laws to help combat the foreign based sites that serve up content to users that infringes upon copyrights here in the US. And for that to happen, an order has to be obtained through a court to take any action on blocking the resolution of a site. The same thing happens with existing laws. There is a due process.

The whole "THE INTERNET AS WE KNOW IT IS OOOVVVEEERRRRRR!!!" shit is a bunch of hyperbole.
You're a dumbass...

So a nonprofit is against it for reasons of greed, but the multibillion dollar entertainment industry is altruistic in its cause. Got it.  :taunt:

It doesn't matter what Encyclopedia Britannica thinks. They're not a popular website. Only people who run popular websites are smart and can see that this new bill is clearly evil, and the end of the internet. Except the people who run GoDaddy. They're not smart.
You're a dumbass...

Saniflush was joking. But now that I'm forced to address it, as I've mentioned numerous times, trying to argue that Wikipedia is inferior to the Encyclopedia Britannica is like trying to argue that an 8-track player is better than a top of the line iPod. Whatever you wanna believe, fuddy duddy.

It's been over six years since Wikipedia was proven to be equally as accurate as Encyclopedia Britannica, and since then, has only become more accurate, and most professional researchers agree that Wikipedia is the most accurate encyclopedia available. Let alone the obvious fact that it is infinitely more complete and current. Is there an Encyclopedia Britannica entry about the 1978 Washington State Cougars football team or the 1977 EP from The Buzzcocks? Does it list your new OC Doug Nussmeier as your OC? Of course not.

Now, with all that said...you're a dumbass...

I bet Encyclopedia Britannica would love to break the internet. Free flow of knowledge has put a damper on sales of those $700 sets. Not that even they have vocally come out in support of SOPA. It was meant as a joke.

Also...you're a dumbass...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 10:56:54 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2012, 12:07:57 PM »
You're a dumbass...

So a nonprofit is against it for reasons of greed, but the multibillion dollar entertainment industry is altruistic in its cause. Got it.  :taunt:
You're a dumbass...
At least the entertainment industry is being truthful in why they support it. They wish to protect the property that they own. That's what all of this boils down to. The basic rights of ownership over something. Just because something is wildly popular doesn't mean that it is OK to trample all over rights of ownership. Just because the people, or corporation, that owns something has money doesn't make them less entitled to it. It doesn't matter if they are doing it to be dicks, doing it to protect their profit, or whatever. It doesn't matter. They own certain things, and have rights to it.

Don't get me wrong, I have MP3s, I've watched videos online, etc etc. But I can still understand the basic rights of ownership.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2012, 09:36:34 AM »
In case you haven't noticed there will be no wikipedia today. My facts will be 2/3s or roughly 28% more wrong than normal.

Also Google, Firefox, and several other sites have blacked out logos as anti-sopa reminders.

People are finally taking notice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2012, 09:41:40 AM »
In case you haven't noticed there will be no wikipedia today. My facts will be 2/3s or roughly 28% more wrong than normal.

Also Google, Firefox, and several other sites have blacked out logos as anti-sopa reminders.

People are finally taking notice.

Because of their insolence I started using Yahoo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2012, 09:43:44 AM »
I was going to look this stuff up today to get informed, but for some reason wikipedia is down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2012, 09:52:14 AM »
Anyone tried to get on the Wiki's today?  I'm having trouble.  Probably the server here at work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2012, 09:53:19 AM »
Because of their insolence I started using Yahoo.
How are you going to expect the members of this board to know what "insolence" means if they can't look it up?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2012, 09:55:20 AM »
How are you going to expect the members of this board to know what "insolence" means if they can't look it up?

http://dictionary.reference.com/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2012, 09:56:13 AM »
Yeah but just how reliable is that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #131 on: January 18, 2012, 09:57:54 AM »
I was going to look this stuff up today to get informed, but for some reason wikipedia is down.

Vandy must be extraordinarily useless today... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #132 on: January 18, 2012, 09:58:08 AM »
Yeah but just how reliable is that?

bastante fiables, siempre y cuando usted no quiere otro idioma.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #133 on: January 18, 2012, 09:58:35 AM »
http://dictionary.reference.com/

We would have also accepted all non-wiki sources but yes we will accept dictionary.

Sani, you have the board.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #134 on: January 18, 2012, 10:03:55 AM »
We would have also accepted all non-wiki sources but yes we will accept dictionary.

Sani, you have the board.

What is donkey punch Alex.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #135 on: January 18, 2012, 11:07:57 AM »
In a pinch?

When you go to a wikipedia page, hit ESC right as the blackout page is coming up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #136 on: January 18, 2012, 11:09:39 AM »
Do they have Auburns new OC listed yet?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #137 on: January 18, 2012, 12:32:00 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #138 on: January 18, 2012, 01:03:59 PM »
Vandy must be extraordinarily useless today...

You are correct; I am completely useless.  Meanwhile, I'm sure you're busy fixing laptops with LEDs from the 1960's...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

GH2001

« Reply #139 on: January 18, 2012, 01:05:45 PM »
In a pinch?

When you go to a wikipedia page, hit ESC right as the blackout page is coming up.

Or you can just go to the cache site.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE