Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I Think Ron Paul Nails It

I Think Ron Paul Nails It
« on: November 09, 2012, 10:46:33 AM »
Mr. Paul, who is retiring after 12 terms in the House, said voters on Tuesday rejected Mitt Romney because he had opposed the government bailout of General Motors and Chrysler.

"The people in the Midwest voted against him: 'Oh, we have to be taken care of!' So that vote was sort of like what we are laughing at in Greece," Mr. Paul said.

"People do not want anything cut," he said. "They want all the bailouts to come. They want the Fed to keep printing the money. And they don't believe that we've gone off the cliff or are close to going off the cliff. They think we can patch it over, that we can somehow come up with some magic solution. But you can't have a budgetary solution if you don't change what the role of government should be. As long as you think we have to police the world and run this welfare state, all we are going to argue about is who will get the loot."

Read more: Ron Paul: Election shows U.S. 'far gone' - Washington Times http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2012/nov/8/ron-paul-election-shows-us-far-gone/#ixzz2BjzcBUtQ
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: I Think Ron Paul Nails It
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 10:51:19 AM »
So he is agreeing with Mitt on this? I'm with him.

Again how was mitt wrong here? He took the right stance. But the other guy was selling the free goods (in this case bailouts). Its hard to beat a guy giving away free shit. That's pretty much what Ron Paul is saying in the second part of the writeup.

And I'm not arguing with you THS. I'm asking the questions as a general statement.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 11:16:27 AM »
So he is agreeing with Mitt on this? I'm with him.

Again how was mitt wrong here? He took the right stance. But the other guy was selling the free goods (in this case bailouts). Its hard to beat a guy giving away free shit. That's pretty much what Ron Paul is saying in the second part of the writeup.

And I'm not arguing with you THS. I'm asking the questions as a general statement.

Mitt was wrong because his campaign didn't voice his stance loud enough or convince enough people to buy into it.

I do think we're done as a nation.  At least for a while.  I think we'll need another Great Depression to make people shut the fuck up about the blame game.  You really want blacks to stop supporting the "brotha" of the democrat party?  Wait until they literally don't eat because the welfare checks stop.

You really want northern states to stop voting Democrat automatically?  Really want southern states to stop voting Republican automatically?  Wait until social issues don't matter because unemployment is at 25%. 

But I don't know if it'll get that bad.  I think we'll continue to see handouts given and we'll pay for it by taxing the middle class, cutting defense, and weakening ourselves as a nation.  We don't really understand what it means to be a weak nation.  We think we're stong if we have iPhones, football, cable, text messaging, and clothes.  We think we're safe if countries aren't invading us, less police are there to send us to jail, and more freedom to intrude upon others. 

We think we're okay with education.  Seriously.  Most parents I deal with think public education is the key to success.  It's not.  Our education system is laughable.  Only the gifted kids are on a true path to success.  The rest - the majority - are struggling just to get out of here and move into their life with a chance to figure out how to be successful. 

We're going to do that with healthcare as well.  Give it to the government.  In twenty years, public healthcare will be total shit, but most people won't know better because it's cheap.  Some will go private, but those doctors, while happier, still won't make enough money to compensate their services. 

Ahhh fuck.  I'm rambling.  And this isn't limited to Obama or Democrats. 

Romney should have voiced that loud and clear.  He should have shown that bailouts were bad for the country overall.  Even if he lost on it, he should have been more honest. 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 11:24:19 AM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 11:29:49 AM »
They think we can patch it over, that we can somehow come up with some magic solution.
Because the government always comes up with some sort of "solution" to fix the problem.  The world continues spinning in the eyes of those folks. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 12:30:31 PM »
The bailouts should not have happened, none of them. That would have been the true free market. Everyone votes their pocket books. Moreover, if their livelihood is threatened, they're going to vote for the guy who bails them out. When the government defaults that's when it all will come crumbling down. The question isn't if but when? And will hyper-inflation have a chance to rear it's ugly head before the collapse?

Oh, BTW, one of Mitt's companies was indirectly bailed out by the government.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 12:33:18 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 12:38:34 PM »
The bailouts should not have happened, none of them. That would have been the true free market. Everyone votes their pocket books. Moreover, if their livelihood is threatened, they're going to vote for the guy who bails them out. When the government defaults that's when it all will come crumbling down. The question isn't if but when? And will hyper-inflation have a chance to rear it's ugly head before the collapse?

Oh, BTW, one of Mitt's companies was indirectly bailed out by the government.

I have a few investments. If one of those companies got a little money, would that be considered one of "MY" companies too?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 01:08:28 PM »
I have a few investments. If one of those companies got a little money, would that be considered one of "MY" companies too?

It depends on how much stock and what type. I own nothing valued in Federal Reserve Notes. Sorry dolla.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 03:54:02 PM »
It depends on how much stock and what type. I own nothing valued in Federal Reserve Notes. Sorry dolla.

Can I ask how you buy groceries? Pay your electric and water bills? Receive your paychecks? I've got to hear this......

Not that I disagree. Yes they are worthless. But they are the currency and it's almost impossible to go through daily life without using them. Just saying. Maybe you were just referring to investments but even then the only things not backed by currency are gold, silver etc, which I am a fan of.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 03:57:56 PM »
Mitt was wrong because his campaign didn't voice his stance loud enough or convince enough people to buy into it.

I do think we're done as a nation.  At least for a while.  I think we'll need another Great Depression to make people shut the fuck up about the blame game.  You really want blacks to stop supporting the "brotha" of the democrat party?  Wait until they literally don't eat because the welfare checks stop.

You really want northern states to stop voting Democrat automatically?  Really want southern states to stop voting Republican automatically?  Wait until social issues don't matter because unemployment is at 25%. 

But I don't know if it'll get that bad.  I think we'll continue to see handouts given and we'll pay for it by taxing the middle class, cutting defense, and weakening ourselves as a nation.  We don't really understand what it means to be a weak nation.  We think we're stong if we have iPhones, football, cable, text messaging, and clothes.  We think we're safe if countries aren't invading us, less police are there to send us to jail, and more freedom to intrude upon others. 

We think we're okay with education.  Seriously.  Most parents I deal with think public education is the key to success.  It's not.  Our education system is laughable.  Only the gifted kids are on a true path to success.  The rest - the majority - are struggling just to get out of here and move into their life with a chance to figure out how to be successful. 

We're going to do that with healthcare as well.  Give it to the government.  In twenty years, public healthcare will be total shit, but most people won't know better because it's cheap.  Some will go private, but those doctors, while happier, still won't make enough money to compensate their services. 

Ahhh fuck.  I'm rambling.  And this isn't limited to Obama or Democrats. 

Romney should have voiced that loud and clear.  He should have shown that bailouts were bad for the country overall.  Even if he lost on it, he should have been more honest.

I can agree with that. I just think its sad someone has to shout it from the rooftops for people to know it. The country is a fucking disaster. The debt, the deficits, gas prices and depending on Opec, govt healthcare intrusion, unemployment etc... Everyone should know that already. And they certainly know what caused it and who the incumbent is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 09:28:22 AM »
Can I ask how you buy groceries? Pay your electric and water bills? Receive your paychecks? I've got to hear this......

Not that I disagree. Yes they are worthless. But they are the currency and it's almost impossible to go through daily life without using them. Just saying. Maybe you were just referring to investments but even then the only things not backed by currency are gold, silver etc, which I am a fan of.

I guess I should have specified. My savings and investments are not in FRNs. I have to pay bills in FRNs because I have no choice. However, the money I don't spend exits the FRN stranglehold.

http://www.europacbank.com/index.php?page=silvercard
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 09:35:30 AM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2012, 12:15:53 PM »
I guess I should have specified. My savings and investments are not in FRNs. I have to pay bills in FRNs because I have no choice. However, the money I don't spend exits the FRN stranglehold.

http://www.europacbank.com/index.php?page=silvercard

So you're not an American citizen?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2012, 05:33:53 PM »
So you're not an American citizen?

I've nothing further to say on this subject.  :haha:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 07:58:46 AM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2012, 08:37:34 PM »
Sovereign!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.