Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hindsight is 50-50...

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Hindsight is 50-50...
« on: January 03, 2012, 02:54:26 PM »
From Cleveland Heights, OH wide receiver Shelton Gibson:

@ramzyn Auburn it is! RT @JCozmo @ramzyn Shelton Gibson: "Auburn is on top right now. But OSU is neck-and-neck. I'd say it's 80% Auburn & 60% OSU."

So I guess we have an 80/60 chance of landing this guy?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Hindsight is 50-50...
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 02:56:42 PM »

Wait a minute.  maybe he's gonna major in statistics.  I have a formula that will make that work out just fine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 02:57:21 PM »

Maybe he should have said on a scale of 1-10,  AU is an 8 and tOSU is a 6. I'm gonna guess that's how he meant it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 02:57:55 PM »
Need Chizad and his math skills ITT immediately!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Tiger Wench

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 02:58:09 PM »
We have an offer in to this guy and yet I have not read anything about him, I don't think... when did we become his first pick?

Prowler is slipping...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 03:01:00 PM »
We have an offer in to this guy and yet I have not read anything about him, I don't think... when did we become his first pick?

Prowler is slipping...

Probably because he is slated for the 2013 class.  Just a guess though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 03:04:08 PM »
And when did 60 and 80 become neck and neck?

60=80?   #winning
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 03:08:36 PM »
Wait a minute.  maybe he's gonna major in statistics.  I have a formula that will make that work out just fine.

With a probability +/- 40%
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Tiger Wench

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 04:06:13 PM »
Apparently this guy was Urban Cryer's very first offer... top WR in the state of Ohio going into his Senior year next year.  Some of the Suckeye faithful seem to think that Cryer's godlike coaching prowess will win the day, but the guy who appears to be their Prowler equivalent says "Auburn is his dream school"...

So what is the connection? Anyone?  Bueller?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 05:01:59 PM »
So what is the connection? Anyone?  Bueller?

The connection is this staff recruits the top players from all over the country...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 05:21:29 PM »
The connection is this staff recruits the top players from all over the country...

And we've got a better than 2/3rd or 72% chance of landing him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 06:36:04 PM »

Yep, you can go look at the individual coach's pages on rivals, and the kid's they're targeting...we're going coast to coast, border to border.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 07:04:22 PM »
And we've got a better than 2/3rd or 72% chance of landing him.
60% of the time, it works every time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Tiger Wench

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 11:12:25 PM »
Ok, let me rephrase...

The Suckeyes posters say Auburn is his dream school.  He contacted Auburn before AU recruited him.  He came to camp at Auburn over the summer and posted the fastest 40 time all week.  He made an unofficial visit for the Iron Bowl this year, before he got an offer from AU. 

I am not saying that it can't or shouldn't happen - of all the things I love about Chiz, his emphasis on recruiting anyone from anywhere is at the top of the list.  But this guy wanted us before we wanted him.  That makes me wonder why.  What makes a kid from OH so hot for Auburn? A family member? Cam? Bo? A preference for mild winters?  Blue and Orange are his favorite colors? Chizik's chin?

Just a curiosity question...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 11:14:50 PM »
Ok, let me rephrase...

The Suckeyes posters say Auburn is his dream school.  He contacted Auburn before AU recruited him.  He came to camp at Auburn over the summer and posted the fastest 40 time all week.  He made an unofficial visit for the Iron Bowl this year, before he got an offer from AU. 

I am not saying that it can't or shouldn't happen - of all the things I love about Chiz, his emphasis on recruiting anyone from anywhere is at the top of the list.  But this guy wanted us before we wanted him.  That makes me wonder why.  What makes a kid from OH so hot for Auburn? A family member? Cam? Bo? A preference for mild winters?  Blue and Orange are his favorite colors? Chizik's chin?

One person,

Cam Newton.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

JR4AU

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 11:29:02 PM »
Ok, let me rephrase...

AWK may be on to something, but you probably hit a big key in your post.  We all like to think we can read the minds of 18 year old kids, but fact is, we can't.  Nobody but the kid, his parents, and some coaches close to him know what gets his tractor cranked.  Sometimes people simply come to Auburn and fall in love with AUBURN!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 06:18:11 AM »
Ok, let me rephrase...

"Right now Oregon, Auburn, and Florida are the schools that I like," Gibson said. "I really would like to go to a speed type school, so that's why I like those schools." - (09/02/2011)
- Florida has probably been replaced by Ohio   State now.

Shelton received the Auburn offer shortly after the camp. Then he set up his visit to Auburn for the Iron Bowl. His tie to Auburn is Coach Troop and the relationship that they've built.

His teammate this past season, OL Kyle Dodson, is committed to Wisconsin, but is looking around...Auburn is one of the schools he's looking at, along with Ohio State. Gibson has stated that "having a big brother, like Dodson, would be a plus."
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 06:23:42 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 08:25:08 AM »
10+ posts on the subject and the question still hasn't been asked?

How many starz grillz does this guy have?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 04:18:21 PM »

Lets just say he has a pimp cup.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 06:37:23 PM »

Next signing class, he'll have 6 for sure...maybe a pimp cup.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs