Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I Highly Recommend...

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
I Highly Recommend...
« on: December 19, 2011, 01:48:36 PM »
the following marinade for beef tenderloin. This past Saturday was our Christmas get together for my side of the fambly in Montgomery.  Only day we could get everyone together. My brother is always the main cook and we center all activities around drinking, snacking and eventually the main course.  This year's main dish was beef tenderloin and I was blown away.  Maybe I was drunk and thought it was so good but seriously, it was teh best I've ever had.

First, the cut of meat makes a huge difference, obviously.  Have gotten several tenderloins from Derk's Filet & Vine in Monkeytown and you can't go wrong.  You can spend a buttload of money, but the meat is guaranteed to be top shelf.  I've had them marinated up several ways but this one was off teh chainz.  We left out the cilantro because that's one thing that people are either in love with or hate.  Here's the marinade, which was later reduced down to a dipping sauce.  Trust me...you will thank me latah.  I guess you can cook it the way you choose, but we just put it on a gas grill, off the heat for a little less than an hour.  Medium rare.

Ingredients
•1 cup bourbon
•1 cup brown sugar
•2/3 cup soy sauce
•1 bunch cilantro, leaves chopped
•1/2 cup lemon juice
•1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
•2 cups water
•3 to 4 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves chopped
•1 (5-pound) beef tenderloin, silver connective tissue removed
•Oil, to brush grill
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: I Highly Recommend...
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 01:49:56 PM »
I don't see any fine coke product.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 01:52:22 PM »
I don't see any fine coke product.

Funny you say that because when I got there, the marinade was already mixed up and the beef soaking in it.  I asked about the marinade and when he said he used 2 cups of bourbon...Maker's Mark...I almost flipped.  WAIT...you poured two cups of MM on the meat?  What were you thinking?  I was spooning out the marinade and searching for delicious coke product.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 10:35:05 AM »
Did a lot of grilling over the last few days, including the beef tenderloin above.  I used that marinade less the cilantro.  It turned out great but the biggest hit of the night was the dipping sauce.  I took the marinade and reduced it down....then added blue cheese. That was it.  Unreal.  Blue cheese is something most people either love or hate.  I was worried it would dominate the sauce but it didn't at all.  That was the one thing everyone kept commenting on. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 12:28:49 PM »
The grill got a workout this weekend.  Last night was just the titz.  Took some tilapia filets and a pound of peeled skrimps and marinated them for about an hour in orange juice, lemon juice, pineapple juice and a sprinkle of creole seasoning.  Took a grilling pan and covered it in foil.  Basically sautee'd the fish and shrimp in a mixture of orange/lemon juice, butter and garlic.  Steamed some broccoli to go with it.  Very simple but darn delicious. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions