Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Gingrich watch

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Gingrich watch
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2012, 02:36:05 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/cnn-rick-perry-end-campaign-141912141.html

Its a two man race really at this point. Anyone else seen the poll numbers for all the major states left?

Santorum and Paul are flashes in the pan. They are the Rudy and Huckabee of this election. Santorum doesnt have a ton of money left to go very far and Paul will only have his 12-20% moonbat loon base in every state. Move the majority of Perry and Santorum's votes to Newt and you have yourself a new ballgame.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2012, 02:54:10 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-gingrich-lacks-moral-character-president-ex-wife-135852543--abc-news.html

Gingrich Lacks Moral Character to Be President, Ex-Wife Says
By BRIAN ROSS and RHONDA SCHWARTZ | ABC News

Newt Gingrich lacks the moral character to serve as President, his second ex-wife Marianne told ABC News, saying his campaign positions on the sanctity of marriage and the importance of family values do not square with what she saw during their 18 years of marriage.
In her first television interview since the 1999 divorce, to be broadcast tonight on Nightline, Marianne Gingrich, a self-described conservative Republican, said she is coming forward now so voters can know what she knows about Gingrich.
Catch the full interview tonight on ABC News' Nightline at 11:35 p.m. ET.

In her most provocative comments, the ex-Mrs. Gingrich said Newt sought an "open marriage" arrangement so he could have a mistress and a wife.

She said when Gingrich admitted to a six-year affair with a Congressional aide, he asked her if she would share him with the other woman, Callista, who is now married to Gingrich.

"And I just stared at him and he said, 'Callista doesn't care what I do,'" Marianne Gingrich told ABC News. "He wanted an open marriage and I refused."

Marianne described her "shock" at Gingrich's behavior, including how she says she learned he conducted his affair with Callista "in my bedroom in our apartment in Washington."

"He always called me at night," she recalled, "and always ended with 'I love you.' Well, she was listening."

All this happened, she said, during the same time Gingrich condemned President Bill Clinton for his lack of moral leadership.

She said Newt moved for the divorce just months after she had been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, with her then-husband present.

"He also was advised by the doctor when I was sitting there that I was not to be under stress. He knew," she said.

Gingrich divorced his first wife, Jackie, as she was being treated for cancer. His relationship with Marianne began while he was still married to Jackie but in divorce proceedings, Marianne said.

There was no immediate comment from Gingrich on his ex-wife's allegations. Gingrich has said during the campaign he has "no relationship" with Marianne.

While she had been quoted earlier as saying she could end his career, Marianne Gingrich defended Newt's ethics while he served in Congress and came under several ethics investigations.

"At the time, I believed him to be ethical," she said in the interview.

The former Mrs. Gingrich says Newt began to plan a run for President at the time of the divorce and told her that Callista "was going to help him become President."

In a statement to ABC News provided by the campaign, Gingrich's two daughters from his first marriage said, "The failure of a marriage is a terrible and emotional experience for everyone involved."

The daughters, Kathy Lubbers and Jackie Cushman said they would not say anything negative about Marianne and said their father "regrets any pain he may have caused in the past to people he loves."

Marianne Gingrich said Newt has never expressed any such regrets or apologized to her.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2012, 03:05:08 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2012, 03:20:01 PM »
The timing with the debate tonight and election 48 hours away is not suspicious at all.

If Newt plays his cards right, he can use this to his advantage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2012, 05:50:27 PM »
Hell hath no fury....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2012, 05:59:45 PM »
Hell hath no fury....

To hell with that skank...  We don't even know if what she's claiming is true.  Wasn't this the same woman who cheated with Newt, while he was still married to his first wife?  She's a reliable source of information.  Nothing more than sour grapes, even if what she's claiming were true.   
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 06:00:50 PM by GarMan »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2012, 06:10:58 PM »
To hell with that skank...  We don't even know if what she's claiming is true.  Wasn't this the same woman who cheated with Newt, while he was still married to his first wife?  She's a reliable source of information.  Nothing more than sour grapes, even if what she's claiming were true.

It's been over 11 years since he rolled over and patted that thang. She is one mo bitter chick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

djsimp

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2012, 08:19:58 AM »
It's been over 11 years since he rolled over and patted that thang. She is one mo bitter chick.

True but like I said if Newt plays this right, he can use it to his advantage. I believe he is smart man, and if he is as smart as I think he is, he will use not hide behind the political curtains. The American people are tired of the fake ass Presidents. I truly believe if Newt hits this thing head on, the American people will see a real candidate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2012, 09:31:56 AM »
True but like I said if Newt plays this right, he can use it to his advantage. I believe he is smart man, and if he is as smart as I think he is, he will use not hide behind the political curtains. The American people are tired of the fake ass Presidents. I truly believe if Newt hits this thing head on, the American people will see a real candidate.

Although I hated that opening question last night by John King, it might have won Newt SC. Dude went off on CNN.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2012, 12:48:55 PM »
Although I hated that opening question last night by John King, it might have won Newt SC. Dude went off on CNN.

I hate that I missed it.  I head  a snippet on the way into work this morning but wasn't really paying attention.  Cliffs?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2012, 02:45:00 PM »
I hate that I missed it.  I head  a snippet on the way into work this morning but wasn't really paying attention.  Cliffs?
In bold really happened. The rest is just me funning because Santorum gets on my last nerve.

CNN Moderator John King: So, were gonna start the debate off by asking, Newt what he thinks about his ex wife spilling the beans about him on ABC right before the SC election. Mr Speaker, what do you think about that? Would you like to talk about that with us?

Newt: NO.....But I will. How dare you open this debate with that kind of crap. CNN is a real piece of shit for doing it. It doesn't get any more low down than that. And don't try to blame ABC. You chose to ask the question and it had nothing to do with the issues. You are a real piece of shit John and your network should be ashamed for doing, and so should you - little cocksucker. FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU!

CNN Mod:  Umm ok, thanks Mr Speaker. I will ask the other candidates what they think about it as well.

Mitt Romney: Let's talk about the real issues, can we please?

Ron Paul: The media's always trying to make us look bad. That is what is happening here. Corporations own the media so they are to blame as well.

Rick Santorum: I'm a Christian. I'm going to heaven. I never cheated like Newt. He will have to answer to God one day. Did I mention I am a Christian? Ya know, we should really bring back family values. My father came from Italy and....

CNN Mod: Umm Mr Santorum, we didn't ask you about your father.

Santorum: Oh, right. Gotcha. Sorry, its just such a good story to tell. Makes me look like a regular Joe American.

NEWT: Yes we know Rick - you tell this story every 4 mins.

Santorum: Newt, are you going to heaven? Because I am pretty sure I am the only one on the stage who is. I am a Christian. I have values.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 02:45:57 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2012, 05:45:53 PM »
See I would have whole heatedly believed all of that.  Why?  B/c Santorum is a dumbass and would say something like that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2012, 09:51:08 PM »
Newt tore that ass up tonight. Huge win. Blew Romney out of the water.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2012, 10:26:32 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

GH2001

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2012, 09:30:38 AM »

The Romney camp is really desperate now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2012, 12:14:59 AM »
That debate won it for him.  He went from 8 to 10% down to a 13.5% victory.  If he had lost SC, he was out of it for the most part.  Now he may just be in the catbird seat looking towards FL.  FL conservatives are pretty conservative and would more than likely support Newt over Romney, it's the other so called Repubs from there will be interesting. 

Dis gone be good!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2012, 08:41:03 AM »
That debate won it for him.  He went from 8 to 10% down to a 13.5% victory.  If he had lost SC, he was out of it for the most part.  Now he may just be in the catbird seat looking towards FL.  FL conservatives are pretty conservative and would more than likely support Newt over Romney, it's the other so called Repubs from there will be interesting. 

Dis gone be good!

I agree. Romney has a better chance in the Northern areas where the fluff Repubs are. I certainly expect to see Newt to sweep Dixie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2012, 10:50:57 AM »

Dis gone be good!

If Santorum would drop out, it would be over. Newt pulled 41% splitting the vote with him! Imagine if he gets 90% of Santorum's voters. That would have put him around 55-60%. Santorum staying in helps Romney.

And Ron Paul......I shake my head at this guy. I 100% agree with his economic train of thought. But he does a total brain fart on foreign policy and loses me. He will still have his 9-18% moonbat core, but he is NOT a threat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2012, 10:43:14 AM »
So, is Romneys bs adds starting to bite him in the ass?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/power-players-abc-news/truth-squadding-romney-anti-gingrich-ads-020753202.html
............Truth squadding Romney’s anti-Gingrich ads
By Jonathan Karl, Richard Coolidge and Sherisse Pham
Spinners & Winners with Jonathan Karl

As we get closer to the critical Florida primary on Jan. 31, the rhetoric and spin among the Republican hopefuls Florida is just plain vicious. Take the anti-Newt Gingrich ad from Mitt Romney's supporters meant to blunt the former Speaker's momentum. The pro-Romney Super PAC is spending $5 million on ads in Florida. But is the ad fair?

The ad has some elements of truth — the former Speaker was indeed fined for ethics violations and he did earn a large sum of money from the troubled mortgage giant Freddie Mac. Fair enough. But the ad goes way over the line when it says that Gingrich co-sponsored a bill in Congress with Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi that would give $60 million a year to a UN program supporting China's brutal one-child policy.

That's a lot of spin, but it's just not true.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2012, 11:38:03 AM »
So, is Romneys bs adds starting to bite him in the ass?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/power-players-abc-news/truth-squadding-romney-anti-gingrich-ads-020753202.html

Iowa's evangelicals and hicks bought that crap from Romney and Santorum. It will not be as effective in most other states.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE