Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

*Word on da skreet regarding DC search...

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: *Word on da skreet regarding DC search...
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2011, 09:57:27 AM »
This is incorrect
This is correct
this is correct.

http://www.sextonsports.com/ssp/our_clients?id=20

tl;dr....you verbose bastard
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2011, 10:03:33 AM »
Sexton notoriously floats his clients names around for every big job out there whether they have interest or not so that he can rework the contract for more money. He is Tubs agent and just look at the last 4 or 5 years he was at Auburn. I am sure there are more examples...

Research Houston Nutt Salary History for all you need to know about Jimmy Sexton and his success as an agent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2011, 10:06:42 AM »
Research Houston Nutt Salary History for all you need to know about Jimmy Sexton and his success as an agent.

We don't need to. Did you miss the part about Tubs? He was pretty much a candidate for every job that came open for 5 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2011, 10:08:38 AM »
Holy shit...how the mighty have fallen.

Tommy West is the DC at UAB now?!?!?!?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2011, 02:44:10 PM »
http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Chizik-seeks-right-fit-for-Auburn-52874
Chizik seeks 'right fit for Auburn'
Phillip Marshall

These are busy days for Gene Chizik. He's the defensive coordinator. He's the linebackers coach. He's the head coach. And he's searching for his replacement as defensive coordinator.

Chizik said he has managed to make time to identify some attractive candidates to replace Ted Roof, who resigned last week.

"Enough time to have a really good idea of some candidates," Chizik said. "There s a delicate balance here. I feel good about the knowledge of several different guys I feel like would be the right fits for Auburn."

Chizik said he won't insist that the new coordinator run a 4-3 scheme, which he has run for his entire college career, saying "That's not a deal -breaker."

" I think there has to be a similarity of philosophies, for sure," Chizik said. "You want to get somebody you know has done it successfully. You can't pigeonhole one particular thing you are looking for. You have to look at the whole thing, and it has to be the right fit for your staff as well.

"There has to be a right fit to mix in with the other guys. He has to be a great leader and all those things it takes to be a good coordinator. It's not as simple as saying I'm looking for one thing. There are a lot of things in the mix."

Chizik acknowledged he is also watching developments with offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn, who continues to be mentioned in speculation about head coaching jobs.

"Gus and I have a great relationship," Chizik said. "We've had several discussions about moving forward in his career and what his goals are. At the end of the day, the decisions he makes are going to be up to him. I'm sure he will make the best decision for him and his family. We are very open when we talk about it."

Chizik said he has a plan in case Malzahn lands a head coaching job before the bowl game.

Tuesday morning, Chizik was on the field for his second day of coaching linebackers, and he was enjoying it.

"It's a part you miss somewhat as a head coach unless you are a head coach and also a position coach, which some people do," Chizik said. "It's fun getting back in there with them. It's fun getting back in the meeting rooms and the grind of the film work and the practice film and things of that nature. The last two days have been really fun for me."

Chizik was asked if he would consider doing it permanently.

"I'll never say never," he said, "but right now that's not my aim."

NOTES AND QUOTES

Tiger players successful in the classroom

Chizik said there are no academic casualties for the Chick-fil-A Bowl.

"Academically, everybody is good to go," he said. "They did a real good job. I'm proud of how they finished the semester."

Chizik lauds Eltoro Freeman

Senior linebacker Eltoro Freeman, who graduated Monday, received high praise from Chizik.

"It's been an up and down journey," Chizik said. "I think he would tell you that. But he's grown up off the field. Unbelievable. And he's grown up on the field. That's the great satisfaction in coaching. They all have different journeys. When he leaves here in a month, you can say 'He came here as this and he left as a true Auburn man.'"

Second day of practice a good one

Chizik said the second day of bowl practice was a good one.

"We had a good day again, I felt like," Chizik said. "Our practice was upbeat. I think we got a lot accomplished. We stayed focused more on us getting better at the fundamentals of the game. Overall, we had a good day today."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2011, 02:56:59 PM »
Chizik said there are no academic casualties for the Chick-fil-A Bowl.

So does this mean that Dyer was not classroom related?  Or does not attending class not fall under academic problems?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

djsimp

« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2011, 02:58:56 PM »
So does this mean that Dyer was not classroom related?  Or does not attending class not fall under academic problems?

I thought the same thing and would seem to debunk any classroom issues with Dyer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2011, 03:04:04 PM »

Rampant internet speculation.  Nobody has said what Dyer's issue is, at least nobody that actually knows.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2011, 03:42:57 PM »
Rampant internet speculation.  Nobody has said what Dyer's issue is, at least nobody that actually knows.

It is interesting though. All signs pointed to that initially with the timing and prediction by JGT weeks ago. Finals were last week and grades were released the last 3-5 days. Maybe I am reading too much into Chizik's semantics. Maybe he meant of all the guys still "on the team" since Dyer is permanently off the team for a temporary amount of time.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 03:48:33 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2011, 03:45:23 PM »
It is interesting though. All signs pointed to that initially with the timing and prediction by JGT weeks ago. Finals were last week and grades were released the last 3-5 days. Maybe I am reading too much into Chizik's semantics. Maybe he meant of all the guys still "on the team" since Dyer is permenantly off the team for a temporary amount of time.

I see what you did there!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2011, 03:48:08 PM »
It is interesting though. All signs pointed to that initially with the timing and prediction by JGT weeks ago. Finals were last week and grades were released the last 3-5 days. Maybe I am reading too much into Chizik's semantics. Maybe he meant of all the guys still "on the team" since Dyer is permenantly off the team for a temporary amount of time.

I wonder if he'll be temporarily attending class next semester? And if so, how will he be allowed back at practice if practice is considered a class and you cannot join a class mid semester? And if this is so, is it really temporary?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2011, 03:50:40 PM »
I see what you did there!

You had to go highlight one of my fat fingered words.

Quote from: CCTAU
I wonder if he'll be temporarily attending class next semester? And if so, how will he be allowed back at practice if practice is considered a class and you cannot join a class mid semester? And if this is so, is it really temporary?

Now thats being facetious. THS, take notes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2011, 04:02:05 PM »
You had to go highlight one of my fat fingered words.

Now thats being facetious. THS, take notes.

Who the hell are you calling fellatious?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2011, 04:22:09 PM »
Who the hell are you calling fellatious?
Did you say fellatio? That would be Vandy Vol.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2011, 04:32:36 PM »
Probably semantics, but wouldn't it be better for Chizik to be coarching the DBs?  Especially if he has plans to hire a DC that will also do that?  Call it a preview of 2012 for Thigpen...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2011, 04:47:51 PM »
Did you say fellatio? That would be Vandy Vol.

This stupid whore stole my school science project from fifteen years ago:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

djsimp

« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2011, 04:57:01 PM »
Probably semantics, but wouldn't it be better for Chizik to be coarching the DBs?  Especially if he has plans to hire a DC that will also do that?  Call it a preview of 2012 for Thigpen...

Not sure. I guess since Roof coached the LB's, Chizik filled his shoes so there wasn't as much that changed in who the coaches are.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #97 on: December 13, 2011, 05:10:43 PM »

Come on we all know that only little Nicky Satan can coach DBs
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2011, 06:13:40 PM »
This stupid whore stole my school science project from fifteen years ago:

I thought you were on the other side of that hypothesis?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #99 on: December 13, 2011, 06:20:09 PM »
I thought you were on the other side of that hypothesis?

This is incorrect.

I enjoy spitting out the semen, storing it in jars, and re-using it as lip gloss.  My science project was about making recycling fun.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin