Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Michael Buble

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Michael Buble
« on: December 06, 2011, 02:43:44 PM »
First off, I have no idea what he sings. From this clip it seems he may be British, but I have always just ignored him.
But someone posted this little video of him calling a kid up on stage to sing. And I am a sucker for surprise endings.

So take a look:

http://www.break.com/index/michael-buble-heckled-by-mom-2179373
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Michael Buble
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 03:19:24 PM »
He's a wanna be Sinatra.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 03:21:09 PM »
He will never be....

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 03:30:40 PM »
And I am a sucker for surprise endings.

Pickle surprises, even?

He will never be....

I'm a coat rack, baby!  Move on!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 03:36:11 PM »
I hate the guy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 05:06:16 PM »
I hate the guy.

This thread is good for a laugh:

http://woopig.net/board/index.php?topic=21794.0

Buble fans invade woopig and try to talk smack.  It's an old thread and they lost some of the archived stuff in the transition, so I can't vouch for the completeness of the lulz there...but once upon a time it was glorious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 02:11:18 AM »
He will never be....

I fully expect to be accused of being part of the generation that "just doesn't get it," but in all honesty, I don't get Sinatra.

Musically, at least.  Sure, the guy's persona was on par with the Most Interesting Man In The World.  But vocally?  People swoon over Sinatra as if he is the patron saint of baritones, and I just don't get it.  It's not bad to listen to, not at all...but I've heard far more talented vocalists and don't get all the hype from a vocal point of view.

Classic era, classic music, classy pimp of a guy.  Just don't know that he should be considered a vocal god amongst much better vocalists.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 08:35:48 AM »
I fully expect to be accused of being part of the generation that "just doesn't get it," but in all honesty, I don't get Sinatra.

Musically, at least.  Sure, the guy's persona was on par with the Most Interesting Man In The World.  But vocally?  People swoon over Sinatra as if he is the patron saint of baritones, and I just don't get it.  It's not bad to listen to, not at all...but I've heard far more talented vocalists and don't get all the hype from a vocal point of view.

Classic era, classic music, classy pimp of a guy.  Just don't know that he should be considered a vocal god amongst much better vocalists.

It's never about the actual talent. 

There are hundreds of thousands of teenage girls with better voices and better presentation than Taylor Swift.  My daughters sing better than she does.   But Swift stumbled on the right formula at the right time. 

Same with Sinatra, Martin, Davis Jr. and that crew. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 09:15:26 AM »

Others had silkier voices maybe - Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole or Andy Williams perhaps. But no one could put an inflection on it like Sinatra. Plus the guy had swagger. As Kaos said, Frank had the perfect formula. Elvis was very much the same. The inflecton and presentation was everything with those guys. They had IT.

And Buble is no Sinatra. Not even in the same galaxy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 09:54:58 AM »
Sinatra had an entourage, before anyone knew what the fuck an entourage was.  He was the king...he hung with everyone from presidents, sports figures, to mobsters.  I believe he was instrumental in getting Kennedy elected. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 10:40:02 AM »
Sinatra had an entourage, before anyone knew what the fuck an entourage was.  He was the king...he hung with everyone from presidents, sports figures, to mobsters.  I believe he was instrumental in getting Kennedy elected.

And killed?

It's all about conspiracies.......

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 10:45:07 AM »
My brother is a Buble fan.

My brother is gay.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 11:13:09 AM »
And killed?

That's what Kaos says anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 11:29:27 AM »
That's what Kaos says anyway.

Ask Sammy G.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 01:17:42 PM »
And Buble is no Sinatra. Not even in the same galaxy.

No, not at all.  I don't consider Bublé as being all that vocally talented either.  And I don't view him as being in the same genre as, or otherwise attempting to imitate, Sinatra.

Granted, my knowledge of Bublé is limited to his mainstream hits, so I may have the wrong impression of him as far as his genre and comparability to Sinatra.  But this just seems too poppy to compare:

« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 01:22:03 PM by Vandy Vol »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

GH2001

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2011, 02:31:07 PM »
No, not at all.  I don't consider Bublé as being all that vocally talented either.  And I don't view him as being in the same genre as, or otherwise attempting to imitate, Sinatra.

Granted, my knowledge of Bublé is limited to his mainstream hits, so I may have the wrong impression of him as far as his genre and comparability to Sinatra.  But this just seems too poppy to compare:

The entire music industry in general is too poppy now. Its because it is ran by marketing executive and marketing minded producers. The main objective isnt good music anymore, its money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 09:28:30 PM »
The entire music industry in general is too poppy now. Its because it is ran by marketing executive and marketing minded producers. The main objective isnt good music anymore, its money.

Cock of the walk, baby!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2011, 09:52:36 PM »
First off, I have no idea what he sings. From this clip it seems he may be British, but I have always just ignored him.
But someone posted this little video of him calling a kid up on stage to sing. And I am a sucker for surprise endings.

So take a look:

http://www.break.com/index/michael-buble-heckled-by-mom-2179373

He's Canadian.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions