Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Tennesse home burns as Firefighters watch

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Tennesse home burns as Firefighters watch
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2011, 08:37:11 AM »
I'm filing a lawsuit right now, and I'm naming all of you as defendants.

I'm also suing penis pump companies, transvaginal mesh manufacturers, Ron Jeremy, Ron Paul, Ron Livingston, the WWF (the World Widlife Fund, not the wrestling business), Larry Langford, and OSHA.

Tis my nature.

Larry Langford don't give a shit.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2011, 09:01:28 AM »
we may have an oral agreement

He's all about the BJ's folks
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2011, 01:22:30 PM »
So if he totals the car and forgot to pay his insurance, should we fix it for him?  maybe charge him a fine that is a little more than the insurance?

Not comparable.

I'm not suggesting that anyone rebuild the burned house, only that the fire (which can pose danger to surrounding property owners) be extinguished in the manner that the subscribers receive. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2011, 01:27:10 PM »
Not comparable.

I'm not suggesting that anyone rebuild the burned house, only that the fire (which can pose danger to surrounding property owners) be extinguished in the manner that the subscribers receive.

And THIS is the whole point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2011, 02:15:15 PM »
Uh. Why do you think the fire department was there? Just to watch. No. They were there to make sure that the paying customers' homes did not get in any danger.

Bottom line is that incompetent people should not be propped up at the public's expense. Like someone said before, if they weren't gonna ay $75. then what makes you think they will pay anything else? Yes I heard your lien bullshit theory. But if a person has nothing to put a lien against, what is your recourse then?
There are those in this world who put forth ZERO effort in being responsible, BECAUSE they know that they can play off people's emotion.

If any of you are concerned with this, find out where these things are happening and donate a year's worth of fees. But don't put the burden on society for those people who aren't responsible enough to take care of what they have.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2011, 02:36:56 PM »
The fire, and police service really, are both based upon the idea that people are going to do stupid shit. More often than not (probably more so in the fire service than police), we are responding to fix your fuckup.

The scenario here is that a city's fire department basically contracts with homeowners outside of the city's corporate limits to provide them with fire service, because those homeowners live in an unincorporated area that does not have it's own fire protection. In the most technical sense of the scenario, it's not really their problem. It is not in their jurisdiction, and they do not receive tax money in the form of property tax from that residence.

In the me being a volunteer firefighter for 12 years sense, don't be a dick. While this was a mobile home and was more than likely totaled when you got there, show a little compassion. I agree they should pay for fire protection just like the guy down the road. But look, you bothered going out there in the first place to watch it burn and possibly to prevent any exposure to a paying customer's residence. So, if you took the time to go out there and be dicks, I'm sure the homeowner would be more than willing to then pay the $75 to have you put the fire out, as futile as it may be. Granted, he should have paid the $75 at the beginning of the year, but you went out there anyway, so let's come away from this looking good and not like a bunch of dicks on the news.

The only problem there is it opens the door for everybody to say "Fuck, I'm not going to pay at the beginning of the year. I will just wait to see if I need them first." The whole point of it from the city's perspective is to bring in revenue on the wager that they won't have to provide services to you. Then you have to worry about billing after services have been provided, the city is more than likely carrying a few more firefighters on payroll in anticipation of running calls in that area without money coming in to balance that out, etc etc. I can see it both ways.

But I also believe in the human side of what we do. I just couldn't imagine telling somebody "I'm not going to help you." For that matter, we don't even bill a resident's insurance company when we run a structure fire. If it's a commercial building, we will bill their insurance though. We bill them for apparatus, equipment, and personnel according to the rate schedule FEMA uses for fire service during natural disasters, but we cap it at $1,000 max.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2011, 02:56:54 PM »
The fire, and police service really, are both based upon the idea that people are going to do stupid shit. More often than not (probably more so in the fire service than police), we are responding to fix your fuckup.

The scenario here is that a city's fire department basically contracts with homeowners outside of the city's corporate limits to provide them with fire service, because those homeowners live in an unincorporated area that does not have it's own fire protection. In the most technical sense of the scenario, it's not really their problem. It is not in their jurisdiction, and they do not receive tax money in the form of property tax from that residence.

In the me being a volunteer firefighter for 12 years sense, don't be a dick. While this was a mobile home and was more than likely totaled when you got there, show a little compassion. I agree they should pay for fire protection just like the guy down the road. But look, you bothered going out there in the first place to watch it burn and possibly to prevent any exposure to a paying customer's residence. So, if you took the time to go out there and be dicks, I'm sure the homeowner would be more than willing to then pay the $75 to have you put the fire out, as futile as it may be. Granted, he should have paid the $75 at the beginning of the year, but you went out there anyway, so let's come away from this looking good and not like a bunch of dicks on the news.

The only problem there is it opens the door for everybody to say "Fuck, I'm not going to pay at the beginning of the year. I will just wait to see if I need them first." The whole point of it from the city's perspective is to bring in revenue on the wager that they won't have to provide services to you. Then you have to worry about billing after services have been provided, the city is more than likely carrying a few more firefighters on payroll in anticipation of running calls in that area without money coming in to balance that out, etc etc. I can see it both ways.

But I also believe in the human side of what we do. I just couldn't imagine telling somebody "I'm not going to help you." For that matter, we don't even bill a resident's insurance company when we run a structure fire. If it's a commercial building, we will bill their insurance though. We bill them for apparatus, equipment, and personnel according to the rate schedule FEMA uses for fire service during natural disasters, but we cap it at $1,000 max.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2011, 04:54:47 PM »
But I also believe in the human side of what we do. I just couldn't imagine telling somebody "I'm not going to help you."

And we have a whole generation being taught to take advantage of that. At some point, there has to be a line drawn. It seems this city has drawn that line. The people know where the line is and some still cross it. Responsibility for ones actions is a lost characteristic in today's librul fueled world.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2011, 05:01:41 PM »
And we have a whole generation being taught to take advantage of that. At some point, there has to be a line drawn. It seems this city has drawn that line. The people know where the line is and some still cross it. Responsibility for ones actions is a lost characteristic in today's librul fueled world.
I understand that, but we know when we get into the game that, to some extent, our existance is based on people being irresponsible and doing stupid shit. That's the whole point. In a way, we're here to help save stupid people from themselves by default. I guess it's just less of a shock to me since I have to deal with them. It's a tough call, because each side has a strong point. I'm just saying, if you're going to take the time to go out there anyway, then do something. You're already there, and normally fighting a mobile home fire doesn't take that much manpower, fuel, time, etc. Surround and drown, overhaul, and you're out of there in like 2 hours or less. And the fire department probably sat around out there that long anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2011, 05:10:45 PM »

[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/Z_s-Qk07KxA[/embed]
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2011, 05:42:01 PM »
So how do you tell which ones of us aren't paying taxes while you are eating dognuts at your speed trap location?

Simple. 

Sorry, I understand your door was kicked in last night and your daughter was raped before they took everything of value that you own, but because you have no proof of citizenship, I'm not going to be able to help you.  Nothing personal.  But next time someone is robbing you at gun point, call me so I can come out and make sure your neighbors aren't harmed by the criminal. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2011, 12:38:53 AM »
Simple. 

Sorry, I understand your door was kicked in last night and your daughter was raped before they took everything of value that you own, but because you have no proof of citizenship, I'm not going to be able to help you.  Nothing personal.  But next time someone is robbing you at gun point, call me so I can come out and make sure your neighbors aren't harmed by the criminal.

If one is a good citizen, then you just have to show up to help support the coroner.

Sorry. No dognuts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2011, 01:05:46 AM »
If one is a good citizen, then you just have to show up to help support the coroner.

Sorry. No dognuts.

How bout them dognuts?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2011, 03:22:09 PM »

How bout them dognuts?
He likes them powdered!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions