Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Miami Marlins

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Miami Marlins
« on: December 06, 2011, 12:05:59 PM »
So apparently they have offered Pujols a Ten Year Contract.

The Marlins were just renamed the Miami Marlins.

2015 is just around the corner...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Miami Marlins
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 12:35:28 PM »
So apparently they have offered Pujols a Ten Year Contract.

The Marlins were just renamed the Miami Marlins.

2015 is just around the corner...

This is bullshit. Miami and CHicago are in the same league. No way they could play in the world series. Fake ass shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 05:08:24 PM »
This is bullshit. Miami and CHicago are in the same league. No way they could play in the world series. Fake ass shit.
Little do you know, in 2014, the Marlins will be moved to the American League...

Seriously if that happens, Buzz will climax.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 05:09:10 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 05:20:08 PM »

He'll do that anyway if Pujols leaves the Central.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 06:51:38 PM »
Little do you know, in 2014, the Marlins will be moved to the American League...

Just like Randy Marsh...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 09:29:22 PM »
Just to get AUT1 going about the O's...

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2011/12/albert-pujols-marlins-cardinals-mystery-team/1

Basically, a third team offering a 10 year deal has come forward, but won't be identified.  USAToday makes some speculations...

The unidentified team in the bidding must have both the wherewithal to pay Pujols, a need to upgrade at first base and, perhaps, the ability to spin off players to create payroll room for him. Some clubs who could fit the profile:

Mariners. Trading Justin Smoak could bring back another part. General manager Jack Zduriencik has been coy about the club's plans, only acknowledging that they are in on fellow first baseman Prince Fielder and trying to stay under the radar.
    Rangers. Texas would likely need to clear some payroll room to accommodate Pujols, but they also have veterans with decent trade value, such as Michael Young.
    Nationals. They have money to spend, a long-term need at first and young players in Ryan Zimmerman and Bryce Harper who could use an anchor like Pujols.

Orioles. This would be a true shocker, given that they're years from contending, but it would jolt a franchise in need of one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 11:40:26 PM »

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2011/12/albert-pujols-marlins-cardinals-mystery-team/1

Basically, a third team offering a 10 year deal has come forward, but won't be identified.  USAToday makes some speculations...
This would suck for the Jays.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 10:43:30 AM »
It wouldn't be the Rangers. They have done that shit before with A-Rod.

Anyone that gives Pujols 10 years $200M will be trying to dump him in 5 years...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 10:49:21 AM »
It wouldn't be the Rangers. They have done that shit before with A-Rod.

Anyone that gives Pujols 10 years $200M will be trying to dump him in 5 years...

Totally agree.  The only team that I can imagine giving him a 10 year deal are the Cardinals (not that I like a 10 year deal, but it's basically a "Cardinal for life" type contract).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 03:51:44 PM »

I mean, if we are going to spend big money on sticks then I   this and we get a pitcher such as CJ Wilson, but it looks like he will be going to the Marlins.  Koji Uehara is rumored to be coming back to the bullpen, which is cool with me.  He was solid with the O's.   We need a damn good pitcher, a soild pitcher and Hopefully someone like the Oliver guy and Erbe guy in the farm league are as good as adevertised.  Pitching, pitching, pitching.  We need it badly, we have decent sticks, but Jesus, it sucks losing games 5-4 or 7-5.  9 out of ten games, 3 runs is enough.

This would suck for the Jays.

I told you to get your brother to Baltimore on the quick. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 03:53:34 PM »

Oh, and I see what you are doing there, so let me oblige. 

Fuck you Peter Angelos, you rotten cocksucker!  Fuck you for trading off Mussina to the Yankees for him to only win 18!  Fuck you for buying shitloads of bats but never investing in any pitching!  I hope you get the Goat Aids!

EDIT:  I am still to pumped up about the Roof news to be mad at the O's right now.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 04:00:46 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 04:03:51 PM »
I mean, if we are going to spend big money on sticks then I   this and we get a pitcher such as CJ Wilson, but it looks like he will be going to the Marlins.  Koji Uehara is rumored to be coming back to the bullpen, which is cool with me.  He was solid with the O's.   We need a damn good pitcher, a soild pitcher and Hopefully someone like the Oliver guy and Erbe guy in the farm league are as good as adevertised.  Pitching, pitching, pitching.  We need it badly, we have decent sticks, but Jesus, it sucks losing games 5-4 or 7-5.  9 out of ten games, 3 runs is enough.

I told you to get your brother to Baltimore on the quick.

CJ Wilson is a weird cat...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 04:12:34 PM »
CJ Wilson is a weird cat...

Most pitchers are, but yeah, I know what you mean.  He seems like is off his rocker, but the man can pitch.  I would have loved for Baltimore to grabbed him up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 05:15:41 PM »
Oh, and I see what you are doing there, so let me oblige. 

Fuck you Peter Angelos, you rotten cocksucker!  Fuck you for trading off Mussina to the Yankees for him to only win 18!  Fuck you for buying shitloads of bats but never investing in any pitching!  I hope you get the Goat Aids!

EDIT:  I am still to pumped up about the Roof news to be mad at the O's right now.

Hey AUT1, wanted to tell you something......

The O's suck camel cock.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 05:22:16 PM »
Hey AUT1, wanted to tell you something......

The O's suck camel cock.

You are not telling me anything that I don't know already.  But historically we aren't as bad as you'd like to believe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2011, 10:14:57 AM »
Pujols signs with the Angels.  10 years, at 250-260M.

Fuck that.  I don't blame the Cards for upping their offer.  When he's 38 years old, and batting .260 with 15 home runs, they are going to be kicking themselves.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2011, 10:19:23 AM »
Pujols signs with the Angels.  10 years, at 250-260M.

Fuck that.  I don't blame the Cards for upping their offer.  When he's 38 years old, and batting .260 with 15 home runs, they are going to be kicking themselves.

WOW!

Meanwhile, the Cubs just lost Pena and Ramirez...both wanted a long term deal, and Theo said no.  Maybe Mark Grace will come out of retirement, and they can prop Santo up at the other corner.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2011, 10:37:12 AM »
WOW!

Meanwhile, the Cubs just lost Pena and Ramirez...both wanted a long term deal, and Theo said no.  Maybe Mark Grace will come out of retirement, and they can prop Santo up at the other corner.

Prop me up beside the jukebox

Meanwhile, the Braves aren't doing shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2011, 10:39:20 AM »
Speculation is that Theo offered Pujols a 5 year deal.  Pujols wanted a 10, and he got it.

Cards offered 9yr/220M, Angels a 10 yr/250-260.

Angels made themselves a lot better for 3-4 years, and then after that..
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2011, 10:52:53 AM »
Speculation is that Theo offered Pujols a 5 year deal.  Pujols wanted a 10, and he got it.

Cards offered 9yr/220M, Angels a 10 yr/250-260.

Angels made themselves a lot better for 3-4 years, and then after that..

IDK, he probably lasts longer in Los Angeles Anaheim, or would have in Miami than in St. Louis or anywhere else in the midwest or northeast.  Maybe 6 or 7 years...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions