Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

14-14 and 4-10

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Tigahs Go ???? <-------------
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2011, 11:21:45 AM »
Hey thread master, how about a thread revision for the W/L column?

Axe and ye shall receive. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Tigahs Go To 7-1
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2011, 01:57:53 PM »
Well.....7-1 is the best start in eons for this program.  The shittiness of the schedule continues with a series of underwhelming wins.  Yes, I'm happy for the wins and yes, it's far better than losing to the Presbyterian Blue Hose.  But I think whenever you read Corch Barbee's comments lately, he too is underwhelmed at this point and knows this club can do more.  I like that.  He seems to really give a shit and has very real expectations for this program.  I'm just not sure the players are there yet, though.  Not sure if we can really expect that much more. 

Last night, a 76-69 win over what is now a 2-10 FAMU team.  The bright spot was obviously Rob I gotta Chubb with 21 points.  Frankie Sullivan had 16 and I think is one of the few natural scorers on this team.  Everyone else just looks so raw and seems to have to work that ass off to score the ball.  Kenney Gabriel had his normal Michael Jordan/Full-on Tard night.  8 points and 7 blocked shots....and 7 turnovers.  As I said in a prior post, they've been talking about how this club will change when Johnson, Langford and McAfee get back.  Langford, who I feel is the biggest addition, got 7 points in 12 minutes off the bench.  Good to see.  Noel Johnson did not see action while McAfee got 5 minutes of PT, launching 3 shots and making none.

Next up is Hawaii in the Diamondhead tourney.  I believe there are some good clubs in that draw so AU should get some real tests.  Just an aside, the only team Auburn lost to, Seton Hall, is now 9-1 and on a roll. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2011, 02:01:46 PM »
Seton Hall>Auburn>Duke
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2011, 02:12:04 PM »
Next up is Hawaii in the Diamondhead tourney.  I believe there are some good clubs in that draw so AU should get some real tests.
Clemson, Kansas State, Long Beach State, Southern Illinois, U-Tep, and Xavier. Definitely a quality tournament.

After that, it's Georgia Southern and some other shitty team, then things get interesting on January 4 with FSU, then it's SEC from there out starting with Vandy on the 7th.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2011, 03:11:00 PM »
Well.....7-1 is the best start in eons for this program.  The shittiness of the schedule continues with a series of underwhelming wins.  Yes, I'm happy for the wins and yes, it's far better than losing to the Presbyterian Blue Hose.  But I think whenever you read Corch Barbee's comments lately, he too is underwhelmed at this point and knows this club can do more.  I like that.  He seems to really give a shit and has very real expectations for this program.  I'm just not sure the players are there yet, though.  Not sure if we can really expect that much more. 

Last night, a 76-69 win over what is now a 2-10 FAMU team.  The bright spot was obviously Rob I gotta Chubb with 21 points.  Frankie Sullivan had 16 and I think is one of the few natural scorers on this team.  Everyone else just looks so raw and seems to have to work that ass off to score the ball.  Kenney Gabriel had his normal Michael Jordan/Full-on Tard night.  8 points and 7 blocked shots....and 7 turnovers.  As I said in a prior post, they've been talking about how this club will change when Johnson, Langford and McAfee get back.  Langford, who I feel is the biggest addition, got 7 points in 12 minutes off the bench.  Good to see.  Noel Johnson did not see action while McAfee got 5 minutes of PT, launching 3 shots and making none.

Next up is Hawaii in the Diamondhead tourney.  I believe there are some good clubs in that draw so AU should get some real tests.  Just an aside, the only team Auburn lost to, Seton Hall, is now 9-1 and on a roll.

I know WE!! hates this logic, but again - Lebo's last 2 squads would have lost 4 of those 7 wins. It's improvement, albeit small improvement. We can just hope Barbee keeps them heading in the right direction. The wins, if nothing else, can be a huge confidence booster for these guys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2011, 03:14:46 PM »
A W is a W.  Doesn't matter if it's against Bum Fuck University.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GH2001

« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2011, 03:16:17 PM »
A W is a W.  Doesn't matter if it's against Bum Fuck University.

Agree.

A win to Bum Fuck U is a whole lot better than a loss to Bum Fuck U.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2011, 03:26:17 PM »
I totally agree on beating Bum Fuck U.  We couldn't come within 15 points of BFU last year and don't even ask me about the year before under Leblow.  By the time they get to Hawaii, they should have their full compliment of players.  As Chad pointed out, the competition in that tourney is stout. I think we'll all know a lot more about this team after that.  If they come home with their asses being shipped separately, I think my fears that this team really doesn't have very much talent will be true.  If they can pick up a win and be competitive with any of those clubs, Barbee may be on to something.

Right now, 7 and 13 point wins at home against FAMU and North Florida ain't giving me any tingly sensations in my nether regions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2011, 04:16:54 PM »
Since we have defeated North Florida and South Florida can we just go ahead and declare ourselves champions of Florida and get UF to forfeit?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2011, 04:28:25 PM »
Since we have defeated North Florida and South Florida can we just go ahead and declare ourselves champions of Florida and get UF to forfeit?

Flahda Gaytah have no bearins on this.  Once we take down Central Florida, the trophy is ours.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2011, 04:34:16 PM »
Flahda Gaytah have no bearins on this.  Once we take down Central Florida, the trophy is ours.

gusty call
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2011, 05:35:30 PM »
Got to beat Florida State first. We're sweepin' the state of Florida until February 21st.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2011, 04:20:04 PM »
A look ahead to Hawaii, who Auburn opens with in the Diamondhead Classic.  Hawaii will come in at 5-4 and is led in scoring by two guards, 6'6" Zane Johnson at 14.1 ppg and 5'10" Shaquille Stokes at 12.3.  Vander Joakim is a 6'10" forward averaging a little over 11 a game.  They have a seven footer but he doesn't contribute much.  Their schedule thus far might rival Auburn's pathetic slate with only one, like Auburn, legit team played in Gonzaga.  The winner/loser of this game playes the winner/loser of Long Beach State and Xavier.  So far, Hawaii looks thusly please:

11/11/2011  Hawai`i Pacific (Exhibition) Honolulu, HI W 62-56   
11/14/2011  Cal State Northridge Honolulu, HI W 86-67   
BC Basketball Classic
11/19/2011  vs Gonzaga Vancouver, B.C. L 54-73   
11/22/2011  Eastern Washington Honolulu, HI L 72-89   
11/25/2011  Pacific Honolulu, HI W 75-70   
12/3/2011  at Pepperdine Malibu, Calif. L 67-73   
12/6/2011  at Pacific Stockton, Calif. L 54-64   
12/11/2011  UC Davis Honolulu, HI W 74-61   
12/16/2011  at UH-Hilo Kona, Hawai`i W 79-66   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2011, 09:19:50 AM »
They lost to pepperdine and pacific.  We have a chance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Tigahs Go To 8-3
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2011, 09:31:56 AM »
83-76 loss to UTEP.  The Miners appeared to pull several long prayer 3's out that ass but overall, I thought the game was lost by them getting the ball inside at will.  I still love the way Barbee coaches and believe he's going to make this program very competitive.  But, staying the course is going to be tough.  He just doesn't have the players.  Certain guys are athletic enough to show flashes of brilliance, like Gabriel and Langford.  But overall, they're just raw and play like they're in a pick up game at the local gym.  Still, it's better than last year..and the year before....and the year before....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2011, 02:43:19 PM »
A quick look ahead:

The next week should bring wins #9 and #10 as Auburn plays Georgia Southern (3-7) and Bethune Cookman (4-10).  After that, they travel to Tallahassee to face FSU.  The Noles are 8-4 with the 8 wins coming against opponents similar to most of Auburn's OOC teams.  Whenever they played a decent opponent, they didn't fare well with losses to Harvard (Top 25 this year), UConn, Meatchicken State and Go Gaytah.  Auburn firmly placed it's program well ahead of Duke last year by beating teh spearchuckers but will have to get past a front line of 6' 11".....6'10" and 2 seven footers. 

After FSU, the fun starts on the road to Vandy and home for....Kentucky.  Oh yea!   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2011, 04:31:20 PM »
A quick look ahead:

The next week should bring wins #9 and #10 as Auburn plays Georgia Southern (3-7) and Bethune Cookman (4-10).  After that, they travel to Tallahassee to face FSU.  The Noles are 8-4 with the 8 wins coming against opponents similar to most of Auburn's OOC teams.  Whenever they played a decent opponent, they didn't fare well with losses to Harvard (Top 25 this year), UConn, Meatchicken State and Go Gaytah.  Auburn firmly placed it's program well ahead of Duke last year by beating teh spearchuckers but will have to get past a front line of 6' 11".....6'10" and 2 seven footers. 

After FSU, the fun starts on the road to Vandy and home for....Kentucky.  Oh yea!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2011, 10:17:47 PM »
A quick look ahead:

So, what you're saying is that 13-3 is within reach?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2011, 12:28:25 AM »
I see some improvement (Sunshine pumping here) but we have improved a bit.  We didn't get 8 wins last year until the end of January first of February time frame.  We play hard nosed D for the most part.  A little too hard nosed.  We foul a lot.  We still have a bad habit of going down and throwing up the first shot someone has........but at least we do slow it down and pass the ball a few times before we throw something out of our asses at the rim.  I think if Barbee gets this next class in we might see something worth watching on the court.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Tigahs Go To 9-3
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2012, 09:23:23 AM »
So, I'm outside grilling the other night and flipping channels on teh flat screens and see where Auburn/GSU is coming on.  Okay, cool. 

By 10 minutes into the game, I was watching Duke blow out Western Southern Meatchicken State at San Luis Abispo.  Georgia Souther....yep, 3-7 Georgia Southern, held a double digit lead for most of the first half and led by 9 at the break.  Yes, the good guys came back and pulled ahead late for a 3 point win...but yeeeesh. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions