Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

14-14 and 4-10

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
14-14 and 4-10
« on: November 29, 2011, 05:16:57 PM »
A 72-59 win over the Arkansas Pine Needles Bluffy Somethingsorother puts AU at 4-0 for the first time in...err....a while.  To date, they've played nobody but the good thing is they've handled day bidnezz.  And they have a corch who ain't happy with the way they handled these noodle puffs. 

We were sluggish the whole night," said Auburn head coach Tony Barbee. "Until we start to enjoy playing hard, playing tough and nasty, we are going to look sluggish. We do not enjoy playing that way right now. We think that it is about trying to outscore people and that is not going to do anything but get you beat. I am happy that we won, but we have a long way to go until we get better."

Shit's gonna get a little more real with Big East foes, Seton Hall and South Florida coming up in succession.  We'll see what happens but I sure do like where they are right now as opposed to the last few years.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 11:22:07 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Tigahs Go 4-0
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 05:18:32 PM »
A 72-59 win over the Arkansas Pine Needles Bluffy Somethingsorother puts AU at 4-0 for the first time in...err....a while.  To date, they've played nobody but the good thing is they've handled day bidnezz.  And they have a corch who ain't happy with the way they handled these noodle puffs. 

We were sluggish the whole night," said Auburn head coach Tony Barbee. "Until we start to enjoy playing hard, playing tough and nasty, we are going to look sluggish. We do not enjoy playing that way right now. We think that it is about trying to outscore people and that is not going to do anything but get you beat. I am happy that we won, but we have a long way to go until we get better."

Shit's gonna get a little more real with Big East foes, Seton Hall and South Florida coming up in succession.  We'll see what happens but I sure do like where they are right now as opposed to the last few years.

I like his fire. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 05:50:54 PM »
I have to say, I am excited about some AU Bball for the first time in.....mmmm....uhhh....shit, like a long time. I might even try and make it to a game this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 07:59:38 PM »
I have to say, I am excited about some AU Bball for the first time in.....mmmm....uhhh....shit, like a long time. I might even try and make it to a game this year.
http://www.tigersx.com/forum/index.php?topic=16507.0
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

djsimp

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 09:10:59 AM »
This is good. Its 4 wins over nobodys. But the last 2 years, we have LOST to a lot of nobodys. Improvement - I see it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 11:07:11 AM »
This is good. Its 4 wins over nobodys. But the last 2 years, we have LOST to a lot of nobodys. Improvement - I see it.
True, and fire from the coach.  I like all of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

djsimp

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 11:15:02 AM »
True, and fire from the coach.  I like all of it.

You mean Lebo didn't have that fire?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 12:01:21 PM »
You mean Lebo didn't have that fire?

He liked maryland crab cakes, a good merlot and nice walks on the beach. He also liked not being able to coach his way out of a wet paper sack.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 09:41:26 PM »
I'm guessing by the lack of activity in this forum that our Roundball Tigers didn't do so well against teh Big East teams.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 11:48:19 PM »
I'm guessing by the lack of activity in this forum that our Roundball Tigers didn't do so well against teh Big East teams.

We lost to Seton Hall 81 to 59.   We don't play again until the 14th.  We have USF.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 09:18:55 AM »
We lost to Seton Hall 81 to 59.   We don't play again until the 14th.  We have USF.

And I didnt expect us to beat them...at all.

At least right now, we are beating teams we should and losing to teams that are better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 10:01:04 AM »
At least right now, we are beating teams we should and losing to teams that are better.

If we keep this up...we have a shot at the BCS game...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 10:29:57 AM »

Maybe. If we can just lose to the number one team by 3 in OT, we might just have a shot!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 10:32:34 AM »

Under Lebo, we lost to McNeese St and Norfolk Tech A&M. Bad times.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 10:40:30 AM »
Under Lebo, we lost to McNeese St and Norfolk Tech A&M. Bad times.....

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 10:57:55 AM »

I got it. Just wasn't that funny. It happens.

You of all people should know when to stay on topic. This basketball is serious business.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2011, 08:18:49 PM »

REMATCH WITH SETON HALL!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2011, 12:32:18 AM »
Of course I haven't watched this season (sue me) but I didn't realize that Noel Johnson has sat out and won't play his first game until the 14th against USF and we have two freshmen that are Barbee recruits that are out with injuries.   Not saying it would make a difference, but hopefully it will.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2011, 08:33:18 AM »
Of course I haven't watched this season (sue me) but I didn't realize that Noel Johnson has sat out and won't play his first game until the 14th against USF and we have two freshmen that are Barbee recruits that are out with injuries.   Not saying it would make a difference, but hopefully it will.

Skreets are saying that Johnson won't be playing against USF either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.