Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Rollback's were too much for this guy...

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Rollback's were too much for this guy...
« on: November 25, 2011, 02:26:21 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Re: Rollback's were too much for this guy...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 07:55:22 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 03:44:08 PM »
 :rofl:

My wife was waiting in line at Wal-Marks to buy a shotgun.  She was telling about some older guy that was pissed and raising hell with the cashier because the gun he had been waiting on had been sold.  The older guy had gotten there around midnight and waited as long as he could.  He was told that he could have someone else take his spot in line and purchase the gun.  Well he did that but the relative that took his place had a criminal record and was not able to buy it.  This morning when the older guy went back to buy it he was pissed, and the cashier told him that he shouldn't have sent somebody with a criminal record to buy it for him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 01:28:56 AM »
My wife went with her aunt last night at 10.  Two hours and 3 bicycles later, she comes through the door to tell me about the woman in her late 30's that got arrested for assaulting a 14 year old boy.  Apparently he had 5 of what she wanted in his buggy and they were sold old.  So she tired to beat the shit out him and take one out of his buggy.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 08:49:44 AM »
Not a new phenomenon. 

When I was in high school I worked at an Otasco.  Cabbage Patch craze took hold that Christmas.  People figured out that we got deliveries on Tuesday and I'd come to work to find a mass of people crowding the door waiting for us to open every Tuesday morning. 

The first Tuesday we just opened the door and let the trampling begin. Old ladies bashing each other with umbrellas and canes, grown ass men snatching Cabbage Babies out of women's hands.  We'd gotten 12 of the things in but only put out six.  There were probably 200 people massing at the door. They trashed the store when they all didn't get Cabbages.

The next week Wilber, the assistant manager, tried passing out business cards with a number written on the back.  That didn't work because people overran his work area, took all his cards and wrote their own numbers on them.  Thirty people had a 3.  Brawls ensued. Some of the dolls were damaged in the scrap.

The next week we were told to use the bullhorn and announce that we had received no dolls. Wilber and the manager were running a black market out the back door.  Each employee was allowed to purchase two dolls and do whatever we wanted with them.  Wilber and the manager kept the others.  We were getting a dozen or so a week and there were still four or five weeks until Christmas.  It was nothing to get $500 for one. 

Then customers started hiding in the hills behind the store watching the delivery trucks with binocs.  They stormed the store one Tuesday afternoon demanding access to the dolls they'd seen being unloaded.  And that got ugly.

By then I had started drinking before and after work.  The store sold those gravity boot things where you strapped your feet in, released a latch and then hung upside down like a bat.  I endured work just to hang upside down, smoke cigarettes and shoot the shit with the married receptionist after hours.  I don't remember how the rest of Cabbage Patch season turned out.  I gave my two dolls away, but I'm pretty sure Wilber and the manager ended up with about $10k each out of it. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 10:58:32 AM »
:rofl:

My wife was waiting in line at Wal-Marks to buy a shotgun.  She was telling about some older guy that was pissed and raising hell with the cashier because the gun he had been waiting on had been sold.  The older guy had gotten there around midnight and waited as long as he could.  He was told that he could have someone else take his spot in line and purchase the gun.  Well he did that but the relative that took his place had a criminal record and was not able to buy it.  This morning when the older guy went back to buy it he was pissed, and the cashier told him that he shouldn't have sent somebody with a criminal record to buy it for him.

FYI, a "staw-man" purchase is illegal anywho.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 06:03:19 PM »
FYI, a "staw-man" purchase is illegal anywho.

Yep, if I recollect correctly, one of the questions on the form is "Are you purchasing this for someone else?"

It's right up there with Does anyone have a restraining order out against you? and Have you ever been diagnosed with a mental illness? for the automatic disqualifier questions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.