Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Who would you like to see as OC for Auburn perhaps in 2012

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Who would you like to see as OC for Auburn perhaps in 2012
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2011, 02:44:27 PM »
I think JR should be the next OC.

He would be the highest paid debater in the SEC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2011, 02:48:04 PM »
Prattville High School's OC. He's young but it's a chance to catch a real up-and-comer before the Bammers get in on him.  :poke:

Really. A guy who wins due to overwhelming talent and NOT scheme nor play calling?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2011, 02:53:45 PM »
Really. A guy who wins due to overwhelming talent and NOT scheme nor play calling?

Central has about 3-4 D 1 prospects and 7-8 lesser Dvision prospects. And Prattville made them look like a private school Friday night. The score difference was greater than the talent difference. They have talent but they also have swagger and they know they are badass. Thats what I saw. I know I know, different topic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2011, 02:56:36 PM »
Central has about 3-4 D 1 prospects and 7-8 lesser Dvision prospects. And Prattville made them look like a private school Friday night. The score difference was greater than the talent difference. They have talent but they also have swagger and they know they are badass. Thats what I saw. I know I know, different topic.

It's better than the one we've been discussing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2011, 02:59:47 PM »
I think JR should be the next OC.

I don't think it would work out very well. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2011, 03:06:26 PM »
ok?

Are you asking why I was serious about that?

Borgess can run an O that can score and also milk a clock and not look anemic.  He has proven he can tutor a QB.  He had a good balance of run and pass.  He knows what he has and plays to those strengths.  The guy has done a good job everywhere he has coached other than two stops and one was for one year at Cal and the other was a couple of years at IU and I don't know that the offense was the reason those teams lost.   I didn't get the hate for him in 07.  We still managed somewhere around 300 to 350 ypg if I remember correctly.

That was just a weird year.  We lost to USF after we turned the ball over 5 times and had a gun shy QB.  I literally saw him duck when he threw a pass and no one was within 10 yards of him.   Turn around the next week and turn the ball over 5 more times.   Bad passes and fumbles I don't blame on the OC.  That's on the players.  We then went to LSU and got screwed on a spot that was so bad even the announcers couldn't hide it.  The dude slid a yard and they tacked on another one to give LSU the first down and then LSU had an illegal shift that wasn't called resulting in a TD that Tubs blew up on.  They also connected on a perfect pass and catch with time running out.  Borgess called a good enough game to win that for us.  UGA was ugly that year and we turned the ball over 4 times and let them score over 40.  Can't blame him for that either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2011, 03:07:38 PM »

Borgess can run an O that can score and also milk a clock and not look anemic.  He has proven he can tutor a QB.  He had a good balance of run and pass.  He knows what he has and plays to those strengths.  The guy has done a good job everywhere he has coached other than two stops and one was for one year at Cal and the other was a couple of years at IU and I don't know that the offense was the reason those teams lost.   I didn't get the hate for him in 07.  We still managed somewhere around 300 to 350 ypg if I remember correctly.

That was just a weird year.  We lost to USF after we turned the ball over 5 times and had a gun shy QB.  I literally saw him duck when he threw a pass and no one was within 10 yards of him.   Turn around the next week and turn the ball over 5 more times.   Bad passes and fumbles I don't blame on the OC.  That's on the players.  We then went to LSU and got screwed on a spot that was so bad even the announcers couldn't hide it.  The dude slid a yard and they tacked on another one to give LSU the first down and then LSU had an illegal shift that wasn't called resulting in a TD that Tubs blew up on.  They also connected on a perfect pass and catch with time running out.  Borgess called a good enough game to win that for us.  UGA was ugly that year and we turned the ball over 4 times and let them score over 40.  Can't blame him for that either.
I think he said Ok because he was serious too...he said he also wouldn't mind having Gorgeous Borges back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2011, 03:08:15 PM »

Borges is west coast. Its a nice medium IMHO. I liked the guy. Thought Tubs messed that one up. In more ways than one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2011, 03:11:51 PM »
He would be the highest paid debater in the SEC.
...a master debater even.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

JR4AU

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2011, 03:12:10 PM »

I was asking why you felt the need to tell me that.  I was serious in agreeing with you on Borges.  No explanation needed.  Borges is a good an OC as there is out there, but like all offenses, when the talent was lacking, so was the production, and he was the scape goat. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2011, 03:17:30 PM »
I figured most would see it as a joke when I posted it since we have been down that road once.

See I disagree with the production part.  Not his fault at all that in 3 of the 4 loses that year his players turned the ball over 4 and 5 times a game.  As good as our Defense was, take away those turnovers and we were at worst 11-2.  If not for a couple of bad calls in another we knock LSU off their perch and go 12-1 with the only loss to UGA.  Like I said, just a weird year and he was the one that got axed.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 03:21:48 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2011, 03:18:16 PM »
I was asking why you felt the need to tell me that.  I was serious in agreeing with you on Borges.  No explanation needed.  Borges is a good an OC as there is out there, but like all offenses, when the talent was lacking, so was the production, and he was the scape goat.

Plus, like Franklin, he was railroaded and wasnt allowed to do his thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2011, 03:20:19 PM »
I figured most would see it as a joke when I posted it since we have been down that road once.

See I disagree with the production part.  Not his fault at all that in 3 of the 4 loses that year his players turned the ball over 4 and 5 times a game.  As good as our Defense was, take away those turnovers and we were at worst 11-2.  If not for a couple of bad calls in another we knock LSU off their perch and go 21-1 with the only loss to UGA.  Like I said, just a weird year and he was the one that got axed.

21-1 huh? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2011, 03:22:53 PM »

They finally started playing as a team instead of a bunch of individuals about 6 games ago. No one has come close to them in the playoffs. They have so much talent, the hard part is getting it all on the field. Their downfall is that they have too much swagger and not enough humility. It brings out the worst in the officiating. I just hope we do not have a replay of 2 years ago when the officials actually made a difference in the outcome. Hopefully they will take advantage of the replay system.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2011, 03:37:24 PM »
...a master debater even.

Now that I think about it, I don't they make enough challenge flags to make him feel comfortable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions