Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

"Anyone who doesn't win their conference has no business..."

noxin

Re: "Anyone who doesn't win their conference has no business..."
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2011, 12:39:51 PM »
How much seperation do you think there should be between 1 and 2?

At least a taint's worth
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2011, 12:40:23 PM »
No, if the system is different, then I understand and accept rematches. 
THE SYSTEM WE HAVE NOW SAYS THERE CAN BE REMATCHES. And HAS had rematches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2011, 12:41:23 PM »
I'm screaming the bold part.

If OSU beat ISU...we STILL don't know for a fact if they can knock off the giant sitting at #1 or not.

We DO know this about another team who will likely go in front of them...and the answer's NO.

Chizad, all that really matters in THIS SYSTEM (the bcs) is who do you think the 2nd best team in the country is? I really think this is more of a system problem. We are all trying to use logic in a very flawed system. There are flaws on both sides of the argument. I think GF provides the best argument thus far.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2011, 12:42:25 PM »

And I despise it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2011, 12:43:19 PM »
I'm screaming the bold part.

If OSU beat ISU...we STILL don't know for a fact if they can knock off the giant sitting at #1 or not.

We DO know this about another team who will likely go in front of them...and the answer's NO.

FTW

/thread

lock it down! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2011, 12:45:52 PM »
FTW

/thread

lock it down!

except you guys are using rules that don't exist!

Its a flawed system. Thats the best way to close this entire argument.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2011, 12:46:42 PM »

You must have missed this part:

/thread
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2011, 12:47:51 PM »
why not just re-work the sec championship game?  in most circumstances, the two best SEC teams are represented in each division. 

keep it the same way...unless the number 1 and number 2 teams in the bcs come from the same division.  let those 2 teams play for the sec championship game.  settle it within the conference not the bcs system. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2011, 12:49:07 PM »
Never said I agreed with those rematches either.  But you are screaming that you deserve to be #2 at the rooftops.  Listen...the voters agree with you so it doesn't matter.  What I am saying is that  there is no way you can say that you are more deserving then OKSU.  You can't do it. 

I am so sure that if the situation were reversed and OKSU was ranked #2 that you would be ok with it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2011, 12:49:28 PM »
why not just re-work the sec championship game?  in most circumstances, the two best SEC teams are represented in each division. 

keep it the same way...unless the number 1 and number 2 teams in the bcs come from the same division.  let those 2 teams play for the sec championship game.  settle it within the conference not the bcs system.

I almost posted this yesterday, but it would be patently unfair to UGA to keep them out.  They weren't a championship level team early, but they've improved, and deserve a shot at LSU. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2011, 12:49:43 PM »
You must have missed this part:

Nice and convenient for you eh?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2011, 12:50:55 PM »

I am not using any rules I am using logic.  AGAIN there is no substantial evidence that says bama is better then OKSU or vice versa.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2011, 12:51:22 PM »
Chizad, all that really matters in THIS SYSTEM (the bcs) is who do you think the 2nd best team in the country is? I really think this is more of a system problem. We are all trying to use logic in a very flawed system. There are flaws on both sides of the argument. I think GF provides the best argument thus far.
So what you're saying is, we should abandon logic and reason to fit a square peg into the round hole that is "the system". Actually, I wouldn't even call the hole that is "the system" round. More of an amorphous liquidy blob.

YOU say #1 & #2 is the two best teams based on your opinion. I say it's the two best teams based on my opinion, which is based on whether or not they won it on the field. Most voters rank based on where they "feel" the team will be at the end of the season, not based on results from the season at that point. Many of those actually use SOS against teams because "Well, they've got to play Texas in week 11, and there's no way they're getting past them".

We agree, the system is beyond flawed. We disagree on what the "rules" even are in the flawed system, because there really are none. It's chaos.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2011, 12:53:36 PM »

^^^Gets it.^^^

This is essentially the same argument GH & RWS are trying to make.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2011, 01:03:36 PM »
^^^Gets it.^^^

This is essentially the same argument GH & RWS are trying to make.

I am saying there are 2 valid arguments, and because of the structure of the BCS - both are flawed. The system is working as designed which is based a lot off human 'opinion'. Point being, the system is oh so bad. If it worked or were perfect we wouldnt even be having this argument. It reared its ugly head in 2004 and is doing so again now. I wasn't arguing for Bama to be in the title game. I just personally said I thought they were the 2nd best team in the country. Maybe all this is what it will take to get something better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2011, 01:24:47 PM »
See? This is the stupid kind of logically devoid bullshit that proves YOU'RE the one floundering for justification for your predetermined preferred outcome.
It's not stupid logic.

If you implement a playoff system at the beginning of next season, you go through the regular season. The season ends, so now you have whatever teams that will be in those playoffs. You are going to have teams matched up in those playoffs that already played during the regular season, but will play again in the playoffs, thus giving you rematches all over the place. And from what I gather, your position is NO REMATCHES. Fuck, look at the Packers in the NFL. They played the Eagles, Falcons, Bears, and Steelers in the post-season. They lost to the Falcons and Bears in the regular season. Still made it to the Super Bowl. That is what I'm talking about when I say that a playoff system in the future would not solve a rematch problem; it would actually create more of one.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 01:26:52 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2011, 01:27:01 PM »
I don't understand how anyone can argue against a rematch using the current system.

It's subjective voting.

The voters think Alabama is #2?  The computers rank Alabama high enough to keep them #2? 

Rematch.  No arguments against it.

If you personally think Alabama is not worthy of being ranked #2, offer an argument against their team.  Offer why OSU is better than Alabama besides "Alabama already lost to LSU."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2011, 01:32:32 PM »
At least a taint's worth

Can't have it slipping in the wrong hole.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2011, 01:41:45 PM »
I don't understand how anyone can argue against a rematch using the current system.

It's subjective voting.

The voters think Alabama is #2?  The computers rank Alabama high enough to keep them #2? 

Rematch.  No arguments against it.

If you personally think Alabama is not worthy of being ranked #2, offer an argument against their team.  Offer why OSU is better than Alabama besides "Alabama already lost to LSU."
There is no other argument, it is the only argument you need.  Also I am not saying that bama doesn't deserve to be #2. I'm simply saying that how can you define that bama is more deserving to be #2 that OKSU.  You can't.  There is no basis for argument.  I can however say that unequivocally that LSU is more gooder than bama.  How can I say such things...they played on the field.  If bama unbiasedly deserved to be in this game they should have won all their games.  Then there would be no argument.  Its controversial much like a lot of their championships.

RWS again your argument is fail, you are discussing a playoff system in which we do not have.  Yes the NFL plays rematches but they also have a play-off system.  If we had a play off system and LSU and bama both went through unscathed I would have no issue.  BTW you keep saying there have been BCS rematches, there has never been a BCS game involving two teams that played each other during the regular season.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 01:43:19 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Yoda

« Reply #119 on: November 29, 2011, 01:47:16 PM »

It's subjective voting.

So what do you do if Okie St. beats OU, and the AP has Bama 2 and computers have Okie St 2.  Right now the computers only have Bama at 2 because they have played one more game than Okie St.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx